cg_fov 120 for jedi academy

Nipaa

Yeah, honestly it's the reason of using such things as JK3 Cvar Hack for raising limit for this cvar by lot of base players. If in OpenJK there will be more values available to set, this problem would be almost totally solved (in ESL CvarHack is forbidden).

Smoo likes this

The limit was raised.  But you can't play on servers that don't use fs_game OpenJK unless the server you play on uses a mod that you have which also raises it.

Can't help you if the server is pure or running "base" as the cvar exists within the client mod portion, not in the engine part (OpenJK)

Does the CVar Hack even work for cg_fov?  The fov restriction isn't forced like some of the other limited cvars.

The limit was raised.  But you can't play on servers that don't use fs_game OpenJK unless the server you play on uses a mod that you have which also raises it.

Can't help you if the server is pure or running "base" as the cvar exists within the client mod portion, not in the engine part (OpenJK)

Does the CVar Hack even work for cg_fov?  The fov restriction isn't forced like some of the other limited cvars.

Yes, Cvarhack unlocks limit for cg_fov and also thirdpersonrange commands. And with it you can raise fov on any servers even tho it's running on base. Maybe it's probably on OpenJK also make it available not only within OpenJK based servers?

Well, like I said the actual cvar itself exists in the "cgame" dll portion of MOD code so we can't fix it for you on base servers.  A hack is a hack and we won't be implementing some workaround in the engine to let you use cg_fov to work on base servers.

I think in third person 97 fov is fine, but it obviously depends on the aspect ratio. In first person it's kinda bad when compared to Quake. I definitely couldn't play Quake like that.

I think it would be a good idea to allow greater values, but obviously not as a "hack" for base servers.

Yea I should have read your first post. That's interesting because afaik in the ESL it's allowed to play on OpenJK servers and people got banned in the past for increasing the fov limit by using a cvar unlocker. I wonder if they are aware and/or got a rule for that.

Yea I should have read your first post. That's interesting because afaik in the ESL it's allowed to play on OpenJK servers and people got banned in the past for increasing the fov limit by using a cvar unlocker. I wonder if they are aware and/or got a rule for that.

ESL Rules - 3.1.2. Modifications

Anyway, when people are playing on a server that use OpenJK, there is just jampgame that is upload and not all the dlls and you can't use the cgame provided by OpenJK cause of the sv_pure 1. Also ESL Rules - 4.3.3. 3rd Party Software/Patches

Smoo likes this