Dark Side Rey

@ I hope you like this one, but i am leaving the textures to you since you are making better work than me on those ;)

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=88990a4b521bd9f1521ea6bc247b3bbc&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7133&p=108143&md5check=fd2eb572a9c2e34b6bd4ac92cb9f56a1&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,N7VtIGOks7w'); //]]></script>MY0Anzg.jpg

&&0

Looks good. i'll see what I can do with the textures, just send them to me. Then i'll send it back and you can release it.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't done anything for jka in years..but think i will take a shot at retexturing this as well if you dont object. 

I will be more than happy if you take it and improve it's textures, after all it uses a part from a model you have made a while ago ;) Download link of Dark Rey is in my WIP thread here

DarkRey_zpskp0nlp4x.jpg

Only did a little bit of work but thought id share what I got so far anyhow. 

*Edit* Got bored did some work on her face. 

Now that looks more human-ish and less frankenstein-ish :D I know this will sound strange, but in the circle of the fun zone "can i fall in love with her"? xD

• 3 years later...

@@McGroose

I've just taken a look at the mod's lightsabers. Honestly, some of them are not that much different from what we already have in the canon (next to the movies).

For example, one of the lightsabers resembled the one from the Inquisitor. And besides, I think there are enough "wacky" lightsaber designs in the canon,

like the one from Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku or Ezra Bridger. Hell, there is even a lightsaber rifle in the canon. But if you expect a six-bladed lightsaber that looks like

a candleholder to be adapted into the canon, well, I can't help you with that. There will be so many lightsabers in the future, any maybe there will be at least one that is wacky enough for you.

In regards to lightsaber designs, I think there is no good or bad, no right or wrong. Just let every lightsaber have it's own design, because there is no point in criticizing it. Also, it doesn't look that much different from Darth Maul's lightsaber, except that this one is foldable. Personally, I'm excited to see Dark Rey's lightsaber in action. It may not be a "Darth-Maul-activates-his-double-bladed-lightsaber" excitement I had back in 1999, but still.

Okay, I may have went off-topic, but I just wanted to have it off my chest. Move along, move along.

Delmi and McGroose like this

@@McGroose

I've just taken a look at the mod's lightsabers. Honestly, some of them are not that much different from what we already have in the canon (next to the movies).

For example, one of the lightsabers resembled the one from the Inquisitor. And besides, I think there are enough "wacky" lightsaber designs in the canon,

like the one from Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku or Ezra Bridger. Hell, there is even a lightsaber rifle in the canon. But if you expect a six-bladed lightsaber that looks like

a candleholder to be adapted into the canon, well, I can't help you with that. There will be so many lightsabers in the future, any maybe there will be at least one that is wacky enough for you.

In regards to lightsaber designs, I think there is no good or bad, no right or wrong. Just let every lightsaber have it's own design, because there is no point in criticizing it. Also, it doesn't look that much different from Darth Maul's lightsaber, except that this one is foldable. Personally, I'm excited to see Dark Rey's lightsaber in action. It may not be a "Darth-Maul-activates-his-double-bladed-lightsaber" excitement I had back in 1999, but still.

Okay, I may have went off-topic, but I just wanted to have it off my chest. Move along, move along.

I would argue that there IS an objectively bad lightsaber design, but it would be pretty hard to achieve. The writers of Rebels managed to screw up badly in one instance. I actually like rebels a little bit, but the lightsabers are just bad. I hate the bendy blades, how thin the blades are, but the thing that really baffled me is the inquisitor's saber. I think the hilt itself looks pretty good, I don't even mind the spinning feature it has, I guess it was meant to give them an edge for their lack of skill. But the fact that they can fly away with them... what? How can I take that seriously? I'm no physicist, but most people didn't take that seriously and I'm guessing it was cause most people realize that beams of pure energy have no solid matter and therefore couldn't generate any wind force to lift them upward, or however you would word it. How does this make any sense? Was it meant to be a joke? In one of the most suspenseful episodes of the series?

I was laughing pretty hard when I first saw them using their saber-copter to fly away in the Malachor episode, but I damn near fell off my chair from laughing when I saw that one inquisitor fly away, then have his saber break apart and then he fell to his death. It just felt so comical, like something out of a Roadrunner or Tom and Jerry cartoon, a prop that didn't work so the character gets messed up pretty bad. But this was probably meant to be serious, and that made me realize that this show really has no idea how a lightsaber works and what it's limitations are. And this is canon, I can't believe it but the rofl-copter is a canon lightsaber ability.

I like it when saber hilts have unique designs, provided the functionality is still fully intact or becomes even more menacing. What matters most is practicality. A single saber is practical. A double saber, while requiring significantly differentiated training and can be easy to mess up with, is even more devestating than a single saber in the right hands, so practicality is still ensured. I don't like the crossguard saber, how is such a design practical? It seems like it could do more damage for the user than an enemy, but it's at least close enough to a good saber design I don't mind. But a saber copter? lol nah bruh.

So far, I don't think we've had any bad saber HILTS. Dooku's saber and Asajj Ventress Dooku knockoff hilts just require the user to position their saber in more of a fencing position. Ezra's saber is also basically a stun blaster, while still being just a normal saber for the most part, I think that's quite unique and benefitial for the user. The saber rifle.... I had no idea what this was until you told me, but that's not a lightsaber. It's basically a beam rifle that's incredibly powerful but dies out fast. It just uses a lightsaber as fuel. It's a gun, not a lightsaber in functionality. What has been bastardized, however is the functionality of the saber blade itself and that has been made a joke. 

Lancelot, Jeff and TheWhitePhoenix like this
  • 9 months later...