Crystal Guard - changing the animation

Go to solution Solved by katanamaru,

Well i want to make my crystal guard model use diffrent animations. I imported the _humanoid from the "models/players/_humanoid_crys_guard/_humanoid folder" to blender and selected whole modeland than export. I also put in this folder animation and animevents. I gave the paths and checked the animations of him in modview. But when i wanted to see him in the game.. he was using basic _humanoid animations :S (In my mod we dont have guns but elemental powers. Players are shooting stuff from left hand.. but for him i want to use two hands just simply using the force lightning animation)

How to make that work? Is there a path thing in _humanoid as well?

@@Langerd

okay, houston, we got a problem.

Mmmm... let me think. you want a custom animation for an NPC of your mod, however it use the _humanoid.gla of default of _humanoid.

mmm, well for not humanoid enemy, if you are looking for it.

example saber droid folder. you find. 

GLM: it's the model rigged.

humanoid.gla -> skeleton animations in sequence.

animations.cfg ->animation sequenzce script information.

animevents ->sound or special efx played by an animation to a specificic frame.

what you need to do?

mmm, try that.

-copy _humanoid.gla into the folder of your crystal guard.

- copy animation.cfg and animevents.cfg

open animation.cfg of default _humanoid folder of JKA. go to the animation BOTH_FORCE_2HANDEDLIGHTNING (now i not remember exactly it's name) and copy all numerical value of his line.

Paste these numerical values, for repliacing the BOTH_ATTACK3 and BOTH_ATTACK2 animation (blaster and rifle shooting animation) of the custom animation.cfg file of your crystal guard.

Now crystal guard should use the lightning shoot animation for shooting the projectiles. i tryed these in past and the result was not much good for some problem of tag alignment. D: i hope it works. good luck.

@@Langerd

okay, houston, we got a problem.

Mmmm... let me think. you want a custom animation for an NPC of your mod, however it use the _humanoid.gla of default of _humanoid.

mmm, well for not humanoid enemy, if you are looking for it.

example saber droid folder. you find. 

GLM: it's the model rigged.

humanoid.gla -> skeleton animations in sequence.

animations.cfg ->animation sequenzce script information.

animevents ->sound or special efx played by an animation to a specificic frame.

what you need to do?

mmm, try that.

-copy _humanoid.gla into the folder of your crystal guard.

- copy animation.cfg and animevents.cfg

open animation.cfg of default _humanoid folder of JKA. go to the animation BOTH_FORCE_2HANDEDLIGHTNING (now i not remember exactly it's name) and copy all numerical value of his line.

Paste these numerical values, for repliacing the BOTH_ATTACK3 and BOTH_ATTACK2 animation (blaster and rifle shooting animation) of the custom animation.cfg file of your crystal guard.

Now crystal guard should use the lightning shoot animation for shooting the projectiles. i tryed these in past and the result was not much good for some problem of tag alignment. D: i hope it works. good luck.

In Glm there is a path to the skeleton so i made it like that : models/players/_humanoid_crys_guard/_humanoid

In Modview the animations works fine! Because it is actually using the animation file... but not in the game..

The catch is that .. the gla file has the same stupid thing. It has path but for normal _humanoid... There were tutorials that wanted me to use the hex editor and even notepad (but in the desperate situations..) but they didnt help :/ The Gla after saving the changes was crashed..

I wanted to make it work in blender but blender is crashing too..

Is there any program (3D program) where i can fix this?

Edit: I remember that it is possible because the Movie Duels 2 modification had diffrent animations for all characters so it is possible to do it..

Edited by Langerd

Aw, craps. so the humanoid_gla get some reading troubles for engine.

mmmm i really ask to myself how is possible that the not humanoid gla working fine... but maybe they are builded for works exactly in their path. this can happen also to humanoid.gla and that can explain is strange behavour.

that's go over my skills. :\ i never had much good for animation.

i think your unique hope for fix this is to contact the staff of movie battle II.

sure they know how to fix this problem. >.<

hm

I just had a quick look over it and I don't see anything wrong really, didn't get to try it out yet but I have a theory :

try renaming your new _humanoid folder _humanoid_cg and change the file path in the model.glm again I suspect that the game simply refuses to load the GLA because the filepath is too long, as the current filepath you have is 44 characters long

while I seem to recall that the game has problems with filepaths exceeding 32 characters

hm

I just had a quick look over it and I don't see anything wrong really, didn't get to try it out yet but I have a theory :

try renaming your new _humanoid folder _humanoid_cg and change the file path in the model.glm again I suspect that the game simply refuses to load the GLA because the filepath is too long, as the current filepath you have is 44 characters long

while I seem to recall that the game has problems with filepaths exceeding 32 characters

Still .. basic animations. First i fought that is it because of the npc class - Rocketrooper.. but nope.

I still thinks that it is caused by this :

2697066b83e7c5f552ebd3e3b16fe273.jpg

As i said.. even hex editor didnt work on that. It destroys the file. This is _humanoid in models/players/_huamnoid_cg folder..

But path in the gla goes to the default one.

@@Langerd the path in the GLA file shouldn't matter

Anyway after taking a look at the model in modview, which animations were it that you changed ?

okay, I found the changed animations - you changed the animations for the pistol as far as I can tell

seeing that it works in modview there are only a few other possible problems :

1. make sure you don't have a duplicate of the crystal guard model in your base folder that still has the original GLA path in it

2.Does the weapon you made him use in his NPC file even use the WEAPON2 stance? Maybe the weapon you gave him uses the rifle instead of pistol stance and that's why your change won't appear?

this seems not too far off going by the information you supplied here, going by the appeareance of this guard I'd expect him to use Ice or Lightning based attacks and both of those weapons use the rifle stance, isntead of the pistol stance which is the one you

replaced

@@Langerd the path in the GLA file shouldn't matter

Anyway after taking a look at the model in modview, which animations were it that you changed ?

okay, I found the changed animations - you changed the animations for the pistol as far as I can tell

seeing that it works in modview there are only a few other possible problems :

1. make sure you don't have a duplicate of the crystal guard model in your base folder that still has the original GLA path in it

2.Does the weapon you made him use in his NPC file even use the WEAPON2 stance? Maybe the weapon you gave him uses the rifle instead of pistol stance and that's why your change won't appear?

this seems not too far off going by the information you supplied here, going by the appeareance of this guard I'd expect him to use Ice or Lightning based attacks and both of those weapons use the rifle stance, isntead of the pistol stance which is the one you

replaced

Thanks for helping me btw :3

Hmm He is using the one hand like on these screens. But i want him use his weapons with two hands.

And I made him using - Trip mines with alt function and ATST side attack. I change the looking of trip mines to crystals and atst side effect to be crystal bolts. My modification is based on my story and there are no Atst's XD but i remembered that his side shots cannot be deflected with the saber and these shots take a lot of damage.

Still doesnt work.. but i find out now that Blender dont import the glm with the path of animation that i want and i start to lose my patience

I am goin to destroy my f@$king keyboard...

Edit: Maybe it is because i have these files in folders not in zip files?~- Edit2: Nope still ot work.. And i find out that some models have their animations in the same folder... But i am using the humanoid and find out that animations.cfg file do nothing..

Edited by Langerd
  • 2 months later...
  • Solution

Okay here I am.

Here's a guide I wrote up on the file front forums:
___
Here is how I did it for my Galen backhand animations.
1a. Have the _humanoid.gla and animation.cfg that you want to use
1b. Have the playermodel you want to use.
2. make a new set of folders in the playermodels folders following this path
models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen
3. Put the _humanoid.gla, animation.cfg, and animevents.cfg in the new _humanoid_dbgalen folder.
4. Use the hex editor HxD and open the _humanoid.gla.
5. Find the path that reads: models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid
6. Change it to: models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen/_humanoid_dbgalen
7. Save as _humanoid_dbgalen.gla
8. Using the hex editor HxD open the playermodels model.glm
9. Find the path: models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid and change it to models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen/_humanoid_dbgalen and save it (don't rename this one, make sure it stays model.glm.
10. Delete the original _humanoid.gla. Zip, pk3, and test it out.

Doing this will allow you to set multiple characters to have their own animations. The only down side is that this will mess up most of the sp cutscenes. That is because the cutscenes reference the _humanoid.gla and since we just changed it to _humanoid_dbgalen.gla they will not work.

It could be fixed by changing the path of all the cutscene animations but really it is not worth the effort.

___

swegmaster, Ramikad, Langerd and 1 other like this

Strange because .. exporting the model WITH the path to the skeleton crushed the model and the skeleton before O.o

Now when i edited both files in Hex editor - They work fine :3

You deserve the Millenium Falcon cookie!

Many Thanks Guys and specially @katanamaru

Okay here I am.
Here's a guide I wrote up on the file front forums:
___
Here is how I did it for my Galen backhand animations.
1a. Have the _humanoid.gla and animation.cfg that you want to use
1b. Have the playermodel you want to use.
2. make a new set of folders in the playermodels folders following this path
models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen
3. Put the _humanoid.gla, animation.cfg, and animevents.cfg in the new _humanoid_dbgalen folder.
4. Use the hex editor HxD and open the _humanoid.gla.
5. Find the path that reads: models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid
6. Change it to: models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen/_humanoid_dbgalen
7. Save as _humanoid_dbgalen.gla
8. Using the hex editor HxD open the playermodels model.glm
9. Find the path: models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid and change it to models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen/_humanoid_dbgalen and save it (don't rename this one, make sure it stays model.glm.
10. Delete the original _humanoid.gla. Zip, pk3, and test it out.

Doing this will allow you to set multiple characters to have their own animations. The only down side is that this will mess up most of the sp cutscenes. That is because the cutscenes reference the _humanoid.gla and since we just changed it to _humanoid_dbgalen.gla they will not work.

It could be fixed by changing the path of all the cutscene animations but really it is not worth the effort.
___

4outl.jpg
4ol1C.jpg
4omik.jpg
katanamaru likes this
  • 2 weeks later...