Screenshots of some of the base JKA maps in Warzone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a few more up to date screenshots.

Just pulled the ones I had in my screenshots directory, so not a huge selection of maps shown.
They are also mostly not the most recent builds of warzone.

Something to note is that all the glows on all the maps are volumetric. Walk in front of them and you will see light scattering.

bkGvgTp.jpg
lcN1fZY.jpg
rbqXQFP.jpg
V6xbD8y.jpg
c3UJCH7.jpg
3FOLr8N.jpg
v4Fmb4r.jpg
SygbmcT.jpg
IWGU0TQ.jpg
hIXWjKi.jpg

... and a non-basejka map for the hell of it ...

dr1Gi7S.jpg

Sentra, Liam, NumberWan and 9 others like this

Now that I think about it, I probably should have submitted some warzone screenshots to the jkhub background submission thread. Although i'm not sure it was allowed under the rules.

Yep, I would think it would be okay to do so.

The millennium falcon looks like it's been lubed up. It's got that uniformly perfect shiny and smoothness that being covered in water wouldn't give. I feel like I've said too much...

That is a really old screenshot. Looks nothing like that now.

I request a video from all those maps. Some things like reflections can be shown well in animation.

Oh man. You know how long it takes me in australia to upload videos over adsl? :) I might get to it at some point lol.

Yep, I would think it would be okay to do so.

Are submissions still open? If so then I guess I could submit a few, although some of the people that have already submitted should try warzone with their maps and they might decide to resubmit them :)

I am often on IRC to help people out if they need to tweak their maps (hint: set a material type in your shaders if they don't look as you want and most of the rest is done automatically).

That is a really old screenshot. Looks nothing like that now.

Oh man. You know how long it takes me in australia to upload videos over adsl? :) I might get to it at some point lol.

Are submissions still open? If so then I guess I could submit a few, although some of the people that have already submitted should try warzone with their maps and they might decide to resubmit them :)

I am often on IRC to help people out if they need to tweak their maps (hint: set a material type in your shaders if they don't look as you want and most of the rest is done automatically).

Unfortunately not, the voting for the background contest has already started.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So wait all the maps we've built can be ported over to this? O_O What about the saber combat? Do you have any plans to move implement this as well? I mean now that I see wtf this can do, dude hell yes I'll help with some maps O_O!

I think what I and some others are wondering is, wtf is this? A JKA Mod? A different game/engine all together?

Stoiss likes this

So wait all the maps we've built can be ported over to this? O_O What about the saber combat? Do you have any plans to move implement this as well? I mean now that I see wtf this can do, dude hell yes I'll help with some maps O_O!

I think what I and some others are wondering is, wtf is this? A JKA Mod? A different game/engine all together?

Yeah, nearly all basejka content will work in warzone as I added some basic conversion systems. They are not perfect, but they do the job.

Warzone is a mod and a modified engine as well, we have also modified the saber system a little, and added a bunch of new weapons (currently mostly a WIP). We are trying to make JKA somewhat 2017 :)

Where warzone will differ from JKA mostly is we are moving away from small maps, and trying to create worlds, where we can have a mini-mmo/skyrim/etc type open world game (side note: we already have the ability to spawn thousands of NPCs onto a map without lag). But at the moment most of the focus of the project is on the basics like allowing for the big maps, and making the renderer look good.

The WzMap compiler that you used is based around allowing these large worlds, and more importantly to us, to procedurally add geometry to maps (trees, cliffs, platforms, random misc models, towns, etc) without having to manually place everything. It allows us to generate a lot of maps fairly quickly (or to enhance maps with trees, etc).

AngelModder and Archangel35757 like this

Saber combat is beeing working on ;) its a bit messy atm but it mosly work as it should, still have some stuff i need to come by at some point

AngelModder likes this

Yeah, nearly all basejka content will work in warzone as I added some basic conversion systems. They are not perfect, but they do the job.

Warzone is a mod and a modified engine as well, we have also modified the saber system a little, and added a bunch of new weapons (currently mostly a WIP). We are trying to make JKA somewhat 2017 :)

Where warzone will differ from JKA mostly is we are moving away from small maps, and trying to create worlds, where we can have a mini-mmo/skyrim/etc type open world game (side note: we already have the ability to spawn thousands of NPCs onto a map without lag). But at the moment most of the focus of the project is on the basics like allowing for the big maps, and making the renderer look good.

The WzMap compiler that you used is based around allowing these large worlds, and more importantly to us, to procedurally add geometry to maps (trees, cliffs, platforms, random misc models, towns, etc) without having to manually place everything. It allows us to generate a lot of maps fairly quickly (or to enhance maps with trees, etc).

OMG I could take Arrevanous to a whole new level... O_O

OMG I could take Arrevanous to a whole new level... O_O

Oh wow. Just looked at that map very similar to the look we are aiming for with worlds. You definately could could use wzmap to enhance it a lot - we even have some nice pine tree assets to use. :)

r00vUGj.jpg

I believe it is possible to export parts of a map from radiant to model files? Some of the components of that map would be very handy for procedural geometry system (mushrooms, ruins, etc) if they can be exported. in fact, instead of improving the current map, you might be better off exporting these components, and making a giant map with wzmap using some of the original assets and some of ours. FYI: The pic above is just a basic large terrain with everything else added being procedural by wzmap, you can literally make multiple maps in an hour if you just want basic wilderness.

DarthStiv and Smoo like this

Oh wow. Just looked at that map very similar to the look we are aiming for with worlds. You definately could could use wzmap to enhance it a lot - we even have some nice pine tree assets to use. :)

r00vUGj.jpg

I believe it is possible to export parts of a map from radiant to model files? Some of the components of that map would be very handy for procedural geometry system (mushrooms, ruins, etc) if they can be exported. in fact, instead of improving the current map, you might be better off exporting these components, and making a giant map with wzmap using some of the original assets and some of ours. FYI: The pic above is just a basic large terrain with everything else added being procedural by wzmap, you can literally make multiple maps in an hour if you just want basic wilderness.

Yes you can turn geometry into ase models.
  • 2 months later...