Status?

The project is definitely real. I read, translated the script in french and saw several things (first, the screenshots). Be patient. All will come in time, this is for soon.

People telling me this project is more than 10 years old. You can see why we are concerned   Original mod thread started in now closed jediacademy.ru .

When we are not a professional team, with a few people which make this during free-time, and you want to make anything very accruate, it takes time. I have often news from NumberWan in MP who tells me the situation. Maybe he'll tell it himself but right now there is one map to modify because it would take the limits of the engine.

I know this project is during since 10 years. There is almost 100 pages of script, with hundreds of characters (a lot of "little", but they have to be programmed too), dozens of maps (maybe large), new textures, new vehicles... I have a deep respect for NumberWan and Olgo who are still working on this mod since 10 years; maybe a lot of us wouldn't have this patience.

@@Darth Futuza I don't know what the team wants to make, if it stays secret or not. But I know that too many advertising could ruin the experience ("Oh yes, I already saw that!"). Where's the surprise? This is understandable they don't want to release too much content; all screens are sufficient, imo.

ent and Jeff like this

But I know that too many advertising could ruin the experience

Not just that. If you keep telling about stuff you want so often and they are not achieved yet then you have much less chances to complete it because you create some pressure for yourself.

It's better to be silent.

Found out by my own and also found such a research. I can seek it and again and share here if anyone wants to look but it's already offtop.

eezstreet, NumberWan, Jeff and 1 other like this

I must remind, that this is a mod, not a game, and the team isn't a corporation, and not a studio of professionals. It is a group of enthusiasts, who work on the project in their free time and when they have no other matters to distract them from the project.

Also take into account, that since the first steps for the project took place, a lot of our views have changed and more than that:

- we learnt more of game design and map creation, the level design is very different from our initial ideas now;

- we added many new characters, as @@lang_french mentioned. The plot was somehow simple at first, but we wanted a good scenario and story, so we added deepness to the worlds in DP;

- the initial use of the original JA/JO characters and reskins was no longer possible, as we learnt; adding new models (characters, objects, etc) is essential for the mod to be interesting and playable;

- our skills outside the project also changed: the studies in graphics design, typography and illustration urged me to rethink the DP concepts and change many textures, signs and UI;

- the coming of the new members introduced new 3D skills, as well as presented better scripts/shaders and mapping opportunities + fresh ideas;

- given this, I also changed and redesigned over 100 textures for several planets, basing them on my new concepts and photos, which I took in more than 8 countries around the world;

@@ent makes a point: it's better to show something rather than talk about it all the time. Silence presents opportunities. One can say, that many projects (games) offer activities in the Social Media, as well as ads, videos, developer's diaries. We don't want to be delusional: all this would require more time and to be made on regular base, thus an additional person (SMM or PR manager) would be required to do that.

We receive many messages and letters about DP here on JKHUB and on MODDB, so I guess the interchange and interaction takes place there. We always respond, that's our politics for now.

But don't get me wrong: I am glad, that people show interest in the project and inquire about the release date or the certain aspects in the mod, but I also ask for patience and understanding of what I've mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not posting this to complain about the wait time for a release. But I just wanted to express my excitement for this mod. The fact that It's taking so long for there to be a release, only confirms that this mod will be phenomenal when it's released!    

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've already mentioned, that we are working on the last map for Chapter I. It's the most difficult thing of all, because of its specifics, details, environment and gameplay. It's not like JO, but has similarities with JA. Only through the gameplay. I can't reveal the specifics, because the point was that the players must complete the first tasks to see the final level in the Chapter.

If we don't post news, that doesn't mean we stopped working. It's simply not worth spending time on making news, for which we also determine what should be revealed now, and what must be kept secret. In any case DP is a mod, not a full-scale game, thus some things are already known, even if they are new in design, looks, scripts, etc.

The tasks are divided between several people. Chapter I mostly lies on the shoulders of other people. I am working on further chapters, as they are also important. Dantooine and Sulon levels are complete, while in several other planets only one map remains to be finished. Thankfully, they aren't graphically demanding like the map, which causes lots of issues in Chapter I. But we managed to overcome most of them by now.

My position for now: no more news. When Chapter I is ready, there will be ones.

If there no news, see the first sentence in this post.

TheWhitePhoenix and therfiles like this

I've already mentioned, that we are working on the last map for Chapter I. It's the most difficult thing of all, because of its specifics, details, environment and gameplay. It's not like JO, but has similarities with JA. Only through the gameplay. I can't reveal the specifics, because the point was that the players must complete the first tasks to see the final level in the Chapter.

If we don't post news, that doesn't mean we stopped working. It's simply not worth spending time on making news, for which we also determine what should be revealed now, and what must be kept secret. In any case DP is a mod, not a full-scale game, thus some things are already known, even if they are new in design, looks, scripts, etc.

The tasks are divided between several people. Chapter I mostly lies on the shoulders of other people. I am working on further chapters, as they are also important. Dantooine and Sulon levels are complete, while in several other planets only one map remains to be finished. Thankfully, they aren't graphically demanding like the map, which causes lots of issues in Chapter I. But we managed to overcome most of them by now.

My position for now: no more news. When Chapter I is ready, there will be ones.

If there no news, see the first sentence in this post.

Well, can you blame us for constantly asking you, dude? :)

Bek likes this
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...