Botdra's Star Wars WIP's (Skins/Frankensteins)

Every now and then I see a character in the Star Wars universe and think "That's not in JA, I wish it was", and here I'll show a few of the ones I actually felt the need to make myself. I'm not very good at skinning (clearly), so the ones that I tackle are ones that are easy enough to do for a beginner. I may release some/all of them one day, but for now I just thought I'd keep them all here for people to see and give feedback on. as I don't really have much time for modding anyways. A lot of these are only minor changes, but since they're easy enough to do half-decently, might as well have them, right? Variety for RPers, if nothing else.

Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 (As seen in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes)

Untitled-2_zpsklzrakyb.jpg
Untitled-4_zpskymbsooj.jpg
Untitled-1_zpsr0fmxqlx.jpg
Untitled-3_zpskjr1ume2.jpg

Reference:

IMG_4203_zpsauovk5xg.png

CT-1409 "Echo" (As seen receiving a medal in Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Espisode 5, "Rookies")

Untitled-1_zps3gz1aeyv.jpg

CT-5555 "Fives" (As seen receiving a medal in Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Espisode 5, "Rookies")

Untitled-2_zpsugzjgzjr.jpg

Reference:

Untitled-3_zpseied8sxx.jpg

Bando Gora Follower/Member (As seen in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter)

Untitled-1_zpsrpzl2roa.jpg
Untitled-2_zpsnu3gfvih.jpg

• 4 years later...

So I lost those skins ages ago, but I'm remaking them now. I got some better references of the Bando Gora and I think it looks much more accurate now.

As for the Clone Sergeant, he's been fixed too. I've made his chest insignia/markings more circular as the texture gets stretched out when applied to the model, which is no longer an issue. I've also matched the helmet to the armor much better. As much as I love this model, the helmet doesn't remotely match, it looks way too white and pristine so I've added a bit of wear and tear/dirt and tinted it slightly towards the yellow/brown hue we see in the armor. It's not perfect and with another 10-15 minutes it could match perfectly but I just couldn't be bothered today.

Delmi and Jeff like this
27 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Good to know that you're still modding! Nice job so far!

I just got JA on Steam and obviously we all have lots of extra time right now, so I figured why not? Thanks, glad you like them. More to come. I'll be uploading them shortly.

JAWSFreelao likes this
16 hours ago, JAWSFreelao said:

If you want to use my TCW phase 1 clone helmets for anything feel free, should be a DL link in my WIP thread somewhere

I don't think I've seen yours. I'll check it out, thanks.

20 hours ago, Jeff said:

Great idea from a great game. Nice work.

Not sure which one you meant, but I agree fully in both cases. ?

JAWSFreelao likes this

This one is kind of off-topic, but I'm also working on a Reshade preset for Jedi Academy. For those who don't know about Reshade, it's a way for you to implement post-processing effects on pretty much any game. It works with Direct X and OpenGL luckily. It's certainly not as mind-blowing as some of the rendering work being done by other modders right now, but it's far more user-friendly and it's already working. My preset includes:

- Anti-Aliasing
- Mouse-Based Motion Blur
- Ambient Occlusion
- Lens Flare
- Anamorphic Depth of Field
- Debanding
- Bloom
- Reflections

I've tried to use these all sparingly. I didn't want to go overboard and I wanted it to feel natural within the environment of Jedi Academy. Here's a video showing the preset in its current state. Please note the FPS is poor in some areas, this is NOT due to Reshade. I never experienced FPS under 60 until I started screen capturing this too. It is 4K after all, and I had my browser, Blender, and a few other things open in the background too. Reshade has surprisingly good performance.

Now of course, nothing is without compromise. There are several issues with using Reshade:

- Reshade is always on, not just in game. Therefore, menus have the same effects on them (another reason for me to keep things dialed back)
- It cannot detect the UI very well, so the depth of field effect can blur out some areas of the HUD
- Sabers look weird in front of some reflective surfaces
- Reflections are applied to EVERY surface based on angle of view, therefore it can't detect that sand textures shouldn't be shiny. Indoor areas look great, however.

DarthValeria and Lancelot like this
  • 1 year later...

Long time no see.

I used to have a mode for MP back in the day that let move the camera around to take screenshots of my skins, but no clue what it was. It had a slider interface. I can't find another good way of taking screenshots in JA so unfortunately you'll be stuck with these ModView ones.

Bando Gora has been submitted for approval, here's the final version for reference. Maybe at some point I'll add custom sounds from Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, but otherwise it's finished

Because of the new Lego Star Wars game, I made a quick and dirty reskin of the protocol droid. Here is H1-NT (aka "hint") who gives players hints about the game. Good news is it's done, bad news is I didn't realize that it had it's own skeleton/animations so it doesn't work in-game and just defaults to Katarn instead. Probably should've thought of that sooner... oh well. If anyone wants to try to fix that issue let me know, I likely won't be doing so myself anytime soon.

ZelZel and DarthValeria like this