So I'm entity hacking a custom bsp into FFA3 and I've run into some issues

My first issue seems to be inconsistent. There are areas certain clients seem to go into a spastic phase where your character goes from an idle to jump animation really fast when you're standing still. It's still within the "portaled void" so you can hear your lightsaber turning on and off. Theres nothing unusual about the area, no weird brushes over the area or anything. The glitch happens on top of a structural brush.

The second issue I've encountered is certian areas of the map the ground behaves as if it was an icy surface or something. All of my clip brushes seem to behave that way, one area and another brush that serves as part of a func_door. What kind of info could I gather for you guys that would make resolving this issue easier? The map was designed to be ported in as a bspmodel for people to enjoy it as "extra" content

Smoo likes this

So I've done a little playtesting. For some reason the clip brushes are behaving normally now.... However there are three specific "shaders" that cause my character to freak out and it appears to be on obsidian walkways, office_supports & a vader floor. I can't seem to figure out the science behind it. While the two issues are linked to the same shader perhaps, the icy surface is still inconsistent.

EDIT:

The issue at hand is very inconsistent. They seem to switch between different brushes each restart?

EDIT2:

Seems like this is a normal glitch with importing bspmodels, never experienced it with earlier builds. Probably because I'm using a lot of brushes or something? Restarting it over and over as the guide written on steam says ends up consolidating the issue but there is still a random selection of surfaces that experience this "slickness". Did I exceed a limit of some sort? Should I not be using water or lava shaders? *Scratches chin*

So I've done a little playtesting. For some reason the clip brushes are behaving normally now.... However there are three specific "shaders" that cause my character to freak out and it appears to be on obsidian walkways, office_supports & a vader floor. I can't seem to figure out the science behind it. While the two issues are linked to the same shader perhaps, the icy surface is still inconsistent.

EDIT:

The issue at hand is very inconsistent. They seem to switch between different brushes each restart?

EDIT2:

Seems like this is a normal glitch with importing bspmodels, never experienced it with earlier builds. Probably because I'm using a lot of brushes or something? Restarting it over and over as the guide written on steam says ends up consolidating the issue but there is still a random selection of surfaces that experience this "slickness". Did I exceed a limit of some sort? Should I not be using water or lava shaders? *Scratches chin*

It's been a while since doing BSP modding, but I remember having this issue sometimes too. I think all that I had to do was move the sub BSP instance to somewhere else in the level. Try adding or removing zeroes to the end of the BSP's origin.

This may actually be an issue that relates to the size of the sub BSP too. I vaguely remember the derpiness in larger maps when you're relatively far away from their origin, whereas simple ones like t1_inter would work fine.

It's been a while since doing BSP modding, but I remember having this issue sometimes too. I think all that I had to do was move the sub BSP instance to somewhere else in the level. Try adding or removing zeroes to the end of the BSP's origin.

This may actually be an issue that relates to the size of the sub BSP too. I vaguely remember the derpiness in larger maps when you're relatively far away from their origin, whereas simple ones like t1_inter would work fine.

It's worth a shot. I'll give it a try thanks

EDIT:

Has anyone had success in importing a bspmodel on FFA4?