Manual Block for SP?

Thanks for the speedy replies dudes. I did find one that added it to SP, but it messed with blue and yellow stances and completely removed red.

What are my chances of getting Serenity Jedi Engine to play nice with JA: Enhanced? Am I correct in thinking SJE is the Singleplayer version of EOC?

Edit: Yeah I don't really play online, just looking for something to spice up my campaign playthrough.

If you get the serenityengine mod and extract the _humanoid folder out of the serenityjedienge.pk to your desktop

Then (I use Winrar) open assets1.pk3 in your base folder and replace the _humanoid folder with the one you extracted from serenity mod

you will also need to get the controls.menu and ingamecontrols.menu from sernitymod.pk3 in the UI folder and replace them also.(this adds the block button in the menus)

providing you have no other  and/or extra pk3 files in your base folder. Just start the game with SerenitySaberSystems.application, set up the new controls (blockbutton).

I did this and now I play all my SP mods with the manual blocking but non of the extra rubbish he puts in.

Just be careful when adding mods as some of them have extra _humanoid folders and this screw everything up.

Movieduels 2 doesn't work if you use this method because it has lots of extra _humanoid folders.

If you get the serenityengine mod and extract the _humanoid folder out of the serenityjedienge.pk to your desktop

Then (I use Winrar) open assets1.pk3 in your base folder and replace the _humanoid folder with the one you extracted from serenity mod

you will also need to get the controls.menu and ingamecontrols.menu from sernitymod.pk3 in the UI folder and replace them also.(this adds the block button in the menus)

providing you have no other  and/or extra pk3 files in your base folder. Just start the game with SerenitySaberSystems.application, set up the new controls (blockbutton).

I did this and now I play all my SP mods with the manual blocking but non of the extra rubbish he puts in.

Just be careful when adding mods as some of them have extra _humanoid folders and this screw everything up.

Movieduels 2 doesn't work if you use this method because it has lots of extra _humanoid folders.

This is amazing. You are amazing.

I use a fair share of model and texture .pk3s and edit the .npc/.sab files manually to use the new assets, such as TFA stormtroopers or Reborn Masters using the hooded Malgus model, but other then that I don't use anything game altering. I'm still wetting my feet with JK modding, but I think I have a decent handle on the basics.

I bet some KOTF fanboy will now come and say: but duz it werk with k0t0f

[Edit] To stop fanboys coming here,I tested it with KOTF and it doesn't work.

KOTF was the first total conversion that I tried when I bought JKA, but it felt.. poorly made.. and wasn't really my cup of coffee.

I never tried the Serenity Saber System for SP, but it is maybe based on the same saber system that EoC Multi.

The saber system in EoC is just taken from the earlier versions of OJP, before the OJP team realised that a manuel blocking was not so good and decided to implement the auto-block - manual parrying system.

Serenity made a lot of work to add more weapons and improve the npc AI, but the saber system is just tweaked from the OJP original code. I am sad each time I read someone saying "Try the incredible Serenity saber system from Evolution of Combat" and I know that Serenity just took the OJP saber system, modified some small things (and broke other things) and put his own name on the saber engine.

If you have played the two mods, you will see what I am talking about. The only real difference is that the last OJP versions have no more the manual blocking button, because it slows down the gameplay. Players often just stared at each other while pressing the manual block, and waiting the good time to attack. They were too much obsessed with this button and it slowed their learning progression.

The original real devs behind the OJP sabersystem, which was used to develop EoC and MBII, are Razerace, Maxstate, DarthDie, and the most major contributor in terms of recomendations:Master Jon Hoc Ni.

Thanks to us, a lot of mods have been created based on their work, and I thank them for that.

JaceSolarisVIII likes this

I never tried the Serenity Saber System for SP, but it is maybe based on the same saber system that EoC Multi.

The saber system in EoC is just taken from the earlier versions of OJP, before the OJP team realised that a manuel blocking was not so good and decided to implement the auto-block - manual parrying system.

Serenity made a lot of work to add more weapons and improve the npc AI, but the saber system is just tweaked from the OJP original code. I am sad each time I read someone saying "Try the incredible Serenity saber system from Evolution of Combat" and I know that Serenity just took the OJP saber system, modified some small things (and broke other things) and put his own name on the saber engine.

If you have played the two mods, you will see what I am talking about. The only real difference is that the last OJP versions have no more the manual blocking button, because it slows down the gameplay. Players often just stared at each other while pressing the manual block, and waiting the good time to attack. They were too much obsessed with this button and it slowed their learning progression.

The original real devs behind the OJP sabersystem, which was used to develop EoC and MBII, are Razerace, Maxstate, DarthDie, and the most major contributor in terms of recomendations:Master Jon Hoc Ni.

Thanks to us, a lot of mods have been created based on their work, and I thank them for that.

I can definitely see mp turning into a blockfest with a manual block.

• 3 months later...

Somebody can tell me how to enable the movement keys to control the direction of blocking?
Is it an implentation into OpenJK code?
I've enabled the manual blocking but i'm not able to change the directions!

I thought it can integrated into OpenJK... because i thought SerenityJediEngine was created with it.
I'd better stop believing on it. The top times are over and people are only interested in Multiplayer modifications like MB2 or EoC

but thank you for the answer

regards,

Nardja

I thought it can integrated into OpenJK... because i thought SerenityJediEngine was created with it.

I'd better stop believing on it. The top times are over and people are only interested in Multiplayer modifications like MB2 or EoC

but thank you for the answer

regards,

Nardja

To be honest, I do like "MBII".. But Multiplayer is HEAVILY over-rated. Especially when it comes to these type of games.

Am i missing something that is adding the ability to do this? Cause i play normal base JKA and setup a manual block for the right mouse button with "g_saberautoblocking 0" and "bind mouse2 +block" and the only mods i use are ones for effects/models etc in the base folder.

• 3 months later...

I'd say the game was more focused on MP, seeing as how the SP story was garbage (yes, i still love it in it's own special way). But comparing JK2 MP to JKA MP, it seems like they spent a lot of time trying to fine tune it for JKA.

Honestly though, the 2 main reason for the game lasting this long is the MP community and the modding community. If we didn't have either of those, this game wouldn't be played hardly at all right now.

There is real manual blocking in SP, I'm surprised no one knows this.

Set g_saberAutoBlocking to 0, and then bind "+block" to a key. There is no autoblocking at all (attacks hitting your saber cause you to stagger), but it's actually kind of overpowered. You can block saber attacks that don't guard crush and blaster bolts almost perfectly. Visually the animation looks a bit weird because it's kind of slow and your character just holds the up block pose.

As for Serenity's mod for Movie Duels II.... I didn't really understand how it works. It seemed he was just telling you to press Use to block, but that he didn't actually add anything... unless maybe... in base SP, when you press Use and you stand still, your character just holds his saber stance without doing any animations, which actually lets you block almost perfectly which is pretty OP in my opinion (but this is just a basic feature of the game). And then if g_debugmelee is 1, you can press any direction to hold lean animations. Maybe he replaced the lean animations with block animations and forgot to switch on g_debugmelee. There was another mod called Saber Realism that used this to make manual blocking.

General Howard likes this