Star Wars: Episode IX

The first two films of the current trilogy have so far been interesting yet full of questionable moments that split the fanbase and made others completely abandon the franchise. Whatever chances The Force Awakens had for starting something new and exciting was straight out trashed by Writer & Director, Rian Johnson. As mentioned so many times before, The Last Jedi wasn't necessarily a bad film - many of the actors performed great and the visual effects were pleasing to watch, but the story felt empty and weird. Now that J.J. Abrams has ironically finished what he started - I'm certainly waiting for that first teaser trailer to be revealed on StarWars Celebration Day, (April 11-15th) to see if he has indeed, managed to do the impossible - which is of course: bringing the fans back together and rescuing the franchise. The rumors circling around the movie are certainly suggesting that this will be worth watching but that may be just another case of clever marketing so honestly I don't feel like paying for the upcoming episode - not yet. The most interesting rumor for me has to be about the supposed CGI work to create a scene that will re-unite the three heroes from the original trilogy, that is of course Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa & Han Solo.

Whatever the case - this April will be most imporant for the StarWars fanbase.

the_raven likes this

The first two films of the current trilogy have so far been interesting yet full of questionable moments that split the fanbase and made others completely abandon the franchise. Whatever chances The Force Awakens had for starting something new and exciting was straight out trashed by Writer & Director, Rian Johnson. As mentioned so many times before, The Last Jedi wasn't necessarily a bad film - many of the actors performed great and the visual effects were pleasing to watch, but the story felt empty and weird. Now that J.J. Abrams has ironically finished what he started - I'm certainly waiting for that first teaser trailer to be revealed on StarWars Celebration Day, (April 11-15th) to see if he has indeed, managed to do the impossible - which is of course: bringing the fans back together and rescuing the franchise. The rumors circling around the movie are certainly suggesting that this will be worth watching but that may be just another case of clever marketing so honestly I don't feel like paying for the upcoming episode - not yet. The most interesting rumor for me has to be about the supposed CGI work to create a scene that will re-unite the three heroes from the original trilogy, that is of course Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa & Han Solo.

Whatever the case - this April will be most imporant for the StarWars fanbase.

Are you a journalist? Because I get strangely journalistic vibes from your post.

TheWhitePhoenix and Droidy365 like this
  • 1 month later...

So there isn't any information on the film as of yet. We might see a trailer in May, and get even more details on the Episode during the Celebration Chicago.

But as most already know, a poster (at least a rough version of it) made it into the net, so a few details from the story are already known from it...

-We have new female characters: Jannah (sort of a human hunter from some planet with an arch) and Zorii (looks like a Bounty Hunter with violet costume and gold details, including a peculiar helmet).

-A new slug-like alien

-A new droid with blasters (is seen near BB-8)

-C-3PO holding a bowcaster (not sure this is a good idea)

-Rey with her own new lightsaber

-new A-Wing ships like in the original Ralph McQuarrie concept

-A return of Y-wings

-Knights of Ren are seen again

-FO stormtroopers aren't just white, but some of them are red, perhaps elite commandos, etc)

-Kylo Ren has his mask back

fake-star-wars-9-poster-1553802118.png

There were other rumours about the film, which came up to makingstarwars from various sources. Some of these were discussed on reddit, but surely these could big fake news. All of them. :)

-Some scenes were shot in Jordan: this location is similar to Jedha in Rogue One, but some say it might be used to recreate one scene for Tatooine as well)

-A new planet where the character of Jannah would provide help for the Resistance against the First Order

-The Resistance and Republic (what left of it) united their forces

-There is supposed to be a flashback, when we see Luke and Leia using the Force at a young age (?), training in old house on Tatooine

-Lando is back – and he wears clothes similar to the ones seen in SW: Solo.

-There is supposed to be some other threat to the Galaxy, which could destroy both the Republic and the First Order. It is said it is one person.

-Someone claimed, that Palpatine would be present in the story, either as a background mentioning or clone (doubt this one)

-Rey's parents aren't nobody, but possible connected to a Jedi of the past

-Rey has her own apprentice at this time, perhaps even more than one (some say, one would be killed)

-This same rumour suggests Rey would even had a son or a daughter

-Rose Tico and Finn are again on an adventure – according to some they are on a mission, taking place on Rose's native planet

-One rumour claimed that Knights of Ren are all women (this was elaborated into the idea, that perhaps the stuntmen were females, but it doesn't mean all of Knights of Ren are actually women)

-General Hux would try to betray Kylo Ren and assist the Resistance, in turn trying to weaken their position as well

-Richard Grant plays a new FO military character, which is a rival to Hux. 

-Andy Serkis would return to Episode IX to reprise a younger version of Snoke before his deformation (IMDB says otherwise)

-Episode IX would take place at least 1 year after the events of the previous film

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

If that's a Death Star, we're likely looking at either Yavin IV's moons or Endor.  That said, neither of those structures really survived to that extent, its clear they were completely blown apart by the explosions that destroyed them, so I hope they at least explain that cause otherwise we already got continuity errors.  I'm hoping Emperor is not really back, Emperor clones was kinda lame in the EU.  Hopefully its just flashbacks or what he set in motion.

JKG Developer

Immensely difficult task to polish the terd that Rian Johnson shat on the Star Wars universe. If I was directing-- I'd have Ezra and Ashoka return and alter time and set things straight. Redeem Luke... and bitch-slap Kylo Ryn.

In other words, mainstream fanfiction at its finest?

I just wish that Disney would have just kept the non-canon stuff canon cause In my opinion this new trilogy as in episode 7 & 8 are trash to me definitely episode 8 was trash that's for sure even though I hate this new trilogy I'm hoping episode 9 rise of skywalker would be better but ever since the flaws of the last jedi it gives me doubts about episode 9.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

FxsHyoP.png

csm4hha.png

ksDOBgS.jpg

xD086Gl.jpg

Looks like they had to get an older more serious imperial military officer to fix Hux's comedy relief.

rLyzqsZ.jpg

Not Tatooine?  I don't think they have natives that look like that.

fcDLBKu.jpg

Flashbacks.

pFuXzyF.jpg

Everytime Lando gets a hold of the falcon he changes it.  Also Poe thinks he's Han Solo now I guess?

iEW5R5f.jpg

Ronan crossover.

2uLByxm.jpg

RIP BB8 not strapped in, he gunna die.

h6SMzfv.jpg

C6Sva5d.jpg

mgK2kTT.jpg

Rey monologues to the camera.

wrRArtO.jpg

Female bounty hunters are still in.  Hope this one survives.  Or at least gets a significant part, unlike the last one...

40n0jCB.jpg

Finn gets (yet another) girl who takes him out for a wild night riding around animals?

UvKZ5tn.jpg

JKG Developer

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus Christ, Disney needs to fuck off with the CGI animals. I instantly got flashbacks of that dumb scene with Finn and Rose riding around on those CGI donkeys. And really? Bows in Star Wars? This is the first I've even seen of Episode 9 since I haven't even bothered to watch the trailer and I'm already disappointed. Disney thinks they can lure fans of the old movies back into the theatre by throwing Lando in there and some cryptic lines from Palpatine. Fuck Kathleen Kennedy. 

And also, is it just me or is the design of these movies just really bland? It seems like every new alien species they've added is a copy paste of the OT aliens. I'll give the prequel trilogy credit for at least having a great aesthetic design. Every new planet was crazy and unique and every alien was designed in such a way to look like it lived in that environment. Every single planet shown in these new movies looks like Tatooine and every alien looks vaguely similar to a reskin of the sand people.

This entire new trilogy has been made for no other reason than to just make Disney more money. They couldn't even come up with a worthwhile story to justify making a new trilogy. They killed off any character that mattered in the most anticlimactic way possible. It honestly feels like a disgrace to call it Episode 9. These new movies have barely anything to do with the previous 6. They need to call it Shit Star Wars FanFic Episode 3.

Jeff, TheWhitePhoenix and NumberWan like this

I've come across the so-called collection of rumours and leaked information about Episode IX, as well as photos, concepts, theories.

I don't expect much from the new film, and I would say whatever is in the plot there, changing the errors from previous movies would be quite a challenge even with a very good script.

You can read the possible scenario here (at your own risk!!!!)

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Ian McDiarmid, Dominic Monaghan's character, some new planets, alleged rumours about prequels references, and that's it. :)

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one that thinks that that Dark Rey we saw in the trailer is going to be Rey's evil clone whom Rey is going to fight ? Kinda similar to Starkiller's evil clone in The Force Unleashed 2.(which we unfortunately never got the light clone vs evil clone)

Clone? No. More likely it's just a force vision she experiences inside the Death Star wreckage, similar to what happened to Luke on Dagobah.

My theory is that it happens during the first half of the film, a vision that scares and motivates her to go to the wreckage in the second half. A trick by Palpatine to lure her in, to manipulate her to join the dark side. A move that makes Kylo virtually expendable, thus creating a "race to the source" if you will, and we will get a duel scene between the two that equals Anakin v Obi-Wan in epicness.

It was said, that the scene with Dark Rey is something like this (spoilers!):

It is a vision, nothing more. More interestingly this scene was filmed with Daisy Ridley and Ian McDiarmid. It is believed, that it's something Rey sees after she encounters Palpatine.

I read some articles and rumours about Episode IX, and they are more contradicting than what was known about VII and VIII at some similar time before the premiere. Back then there was some hope, that The Force Awakens would be an awesome film, and that the Last Jedi would fix some of the weaker sides – nothing of this happened however. With The Rise of Skywalker the scenario might bring even more damage to the Saga, but this time by diminishing what was made by characters in ROTJ.

I personally would just watch episode 9 for just having a little fun in action scenes and stupid moments.

I don't even have any expectations of getting good action scenes in this movie.(Since none of the Disney SW movies so far had any great fight scene.)

• 2 weeks later...

Read some things (rumours) about Episode IX, and some of them are interesting, while others might be infuriating at best.

Be careful, potential plot leaks below.

The beginning (I dislike this one):

Instead of traditional scene in space taking "now and here", the new episode would pan from space to a flashback of Luke and Leia training together as Jedi. This one however can be true and appear at later stage in the film (I hope), and not in the start.

Luke, Leia and others

Luke would appear to Rey and help her with the training, as well as fighting off the Dark Side threat. Leia would be part of his flashback, where they train as Jedi, as mentioned above. It would be explained, that she abandoned the Jedi path, because she was pregnant with Ben Solo. At one point she would also assist Rey in understanding the Force and lightsaber combat (this scene is shown in the trailer, where Rey throws the saber, and Leia standing in the forest). Lando would appear later, when the heroes would need help from smugglers, and he would be found on Pasaana planet. 

Unlike the previous films, the characters wouldn't be split and move separately for so long like in the previous film.

Han Solo would appear again, like a Vision (Not a Force ghost) to Kylo Ren. There was absolutely no news about Anakin as a Force Ghost though.

Kylo Ren and Dark Siders

Kylo Ren is believed to be on a crusade – his armies march different worlds and kill everyone, who could have connection to some strange device, which at this point is called a Way Finder or something like that. It's something powerful, that was found by Darth Vader in the past and stored somewhere in the Unknown regions. While searching this artefact, Kylo Ren would reunite with Knights of Ren, stationed in the Unknown Regions.

It's said, that during this 'crusade' Kylo Ren also encounters Palpatine at some point. The former Emperor is alive and knows of the device. He has his own army with red Sith troopers, and a fleet, and he tries to convince Kylo Ren to join his cause, as he believes him to be very special, but only half of a greater entity in the Force. The second half is Rey, which Palpatine is eager to meet personally. Kylo and Rey still can connect through the Force, this time he uses this ability to learn of Rey's location. At one point they have sort of a struggle or even a duel through the Force. A real lightsaber battle would also take place twice at later stage.

Palpatine is alive. Not a ghost or anything like that. But he is too old and is even more ugly than before. He is quite weak, but still poses a threat. He wants to restore his powers and rule in the Galaxy, but needs both Kylo Ren and Rey for his goals – possibly he knows some techniques to restore himself through the duo of powerful Force users. It's possible, that he would be close in doing what his master did in the past with manipulating the Midichlorians to create life.

By this point the Emperor also manipulates a second Dark Side user, which is played by Matt Smith. He is not a Knight of Ren.

Knights of Ren aren't known, but some claim, that several of them were played by women. Another rumour is that Ren are clones, and that Rey could be connected to them. Possibly they even look like Rey (but I don't buy it)

Dark Rey

Rumour says, that it's a vision, nothing else. Palpatine meets Rey at one point and tries to show her alternatives. This vision is one of them.

C-3PO

Some say there won't be a scene of our beloved protocol droid with a bowcaster. The scene where he has red eyes isn't where he becomes mad or evil – it's a reprogramming of him, so that his whole memory would be wiped. It's rumoured, that this is where C-3PO sacrifices his personality in favour of additional ability of understanding a peculiar encrypted phrase on an ancient relic, which would play a vital role later.

Death Star and ships

The wreckage in the trailer is indeed the Death Star, and the planet is Endor. Ewoks would be seen at one point. This location would be used by Palpatine to start a plan with Kylo Ren, and Rey wuld travel there to find him and more. Palpatine however has his own mini superweapon aboard the star destroyers in the Unknown regions.

A Tantive IV-like ship was seen in a few leaks, thus the Resistance must be using these for their cause. The trailer already showed some of the familiar ships from the OT.

Planets

It was said, that most locations are absolutely new. Pasaana is one of them – it has mountains, snow and a spaceport. This is where the characters seek help, find Zorii Bliss and others. I think, C-3Po gets his memory wipe here, as the planet has a droid shop with various models, including some of the old ones (Trade Federation). The new cone-like droid also appears here for the first time.

Kijimi is a sand planet with some sort of festival and lots of locals. The First Order attacks Rey and her friends in the desert.

Endor is a location in the later act of the film, as mentioned above. 

Tatooine would appear as a Vision of Flashback at one point. Some rumours claim, that Rey would go there in the end of the film and that's where we would see the end of the Saga. With double sunset, surely, like in A New Hope.

Smoo likes this
  • 2 months later...

It’s been very quite in here, I guess, mostly because a lot of people are either disappointed with the previous films or simply tired of Star Wars.

I personally wanted to see Episode IX and feel the end of the main story, even though I was most displeased with The Force Awakens. I believe this was my last time I were gathering lots of people and friends to watch Star Wars together at cinema. Simply because that's how I see it (not because the movies were bad). I had very low expectations for The Rise of Skywalker, but well, today I watched the film and somehow feel relieved for now.

In general without spoilers, I would say...

…that the last episode couldn't ruin Star Wars for me, because some things were spoiled long before it by Episodes VII-VIII. I watched it partly as a fan, and partly as a simple viewer out of curiosity. It was a nice adventure with lots of beautiful scenes, great fights and battles. The story was somehow new with familiar motives, copying previously known forms in an unusual manner. While some things seemed to be in the right place, other looked weird. Even though among the three acts of the film I found something infuriating, I would say the whole experience was pleasant. For now.

And for the spoilers:

• The movie begins right in the middle of the conflict, started in Episode 8. Most of the Galaxy is under control of the First Order it seems. From the MAIN CRAWL it's obvious, that the Galaxy was even more shocked to get a mysterious message from someone claiming to be Palpatine. Leia wants to know more, while Kylo Ren during his crusade starts searching for Palpatine, as he is a threat to his own rule.
  • The first planet to be seen is Mustafar with forests of ashes. Others include Exogol (dead ice), Pasaana (lots of aliens at the festival in the desert), Kijimi (mountain city with snow), Rebel green planet of Ajan Kloss, also a few others locations, which appear for a few minutes only. There was an ice outpost and sort of a spike planet, as well as a city with flying Skyscrapers. The film also includes a glimpse of Endor, Jakku, Bespin and Tatooine.
  • Leia has a much larger role than in TFA, but more interesting than in TLJ. She has several dialogs and it's interesting to see how they've included her older materials into the plot. Some scenes used CGI to show her from behind and her younger version. There is a flashback of Luke and Leia training with lightsabers, which looks nice. Luke has a smaller role here, but this time he looks A GREAT DEAL more like Luke we know and love.
  • Leia teaches Rey and we see her training, as well as her studying the Jedi books and Luke's diaries.
  • Palpatine is in the movie and has a lot of lines. His dialogue from the released small video with Kylo Ren is longer. He is on Exogol and isn't alone there. Various creepy aliens help him. He is the one who explains the Snoke thing. And we see it. He has white eyes in his scenes and his body is obviously decaying. Rotting perhaps. He recites his famous quote from Revenge of the Sith about the Dark Side.
  • Resistance is larger and has new aliens. Together with Leia Poe learn of Palpatine and want to stop him. There are 2 devices which can reveal his location, which in turn isn't known to them until they find an old Dagger. With Sith language.
  • Rey and Poe don't get along. But they travel to Pasaana to find the pathfinder. It was in the hands of Ochi – a creepy alien with black eyes. He was last seen on Pasaana, where Luke and Lando looked for him. The team escapes from stormtroopers and eventually finds Ochi's ship and his rotten remains. Rey learns, that the creepy freak killed her parents with the dagger they find there. C-3Po can understand the words on it, but can't tell them as according to Old Republic Protocols, installed in him – this was an older program forbidding the droids to translate Sith language. 
  • R2-D2 and C-3PO now have a much bigger role. BB-8 is present and has D-O as a new friend. This new little droid can speak Galactic Basic.
  • The final battle can be divided into 2 parts, which are very impressive. The first one is between Poe’s team and the Imperial Fleet. The second part includes a much larger Rebel fleet, that arrives with Lando.
  • Kylo Ren’s path isn’t that as in previous films. At one point he is defeated by Rey. This is a very complicated scene due to the fact, that he sees Han Solo, and also his mother dies the moment he is mortally wounded. He survives, turns away from the Dark Side and tries to help Rey against the Emperor.
  • Rey’s story is expanded and we now get the answers who she is, why she was left on Jakku and who were her parents. Her confrontation with Palpatine is a major part of the story. This also reveals former Emperor’s plans for the Galaxy and the young generation of Force Users.
  • The last scene is very special and reminds me of great things I like about Star Wars. This one I won’t reveal here now ? See for yourself.

I didn't like some things in the film for sure:

• The film is quite long and it seems, some scenes were cut from the film. Too bad.
  • We don't see how Chewbacca was captured, one of such shortened scenes.
  • Some ideas are totally copied from OT. They reworked the old villains and heroes and made them repeat what they did previously.
  • How Palpatine survived is still a mystery.
  • Seems like Episode 6 was in vain. But now everything is okey?
  • Not sure why they added Bespin and Endor. Why no Coruscant?
  • We don't get a reunion from Luke, Han and Leia
  • Too many jokes from Finn and Poe (again!)

DisneyOnAcid and dg1995 like this

This movie has lots of issues. It's one of the worst Star Wars movies of all time.

-Rey and Kylo suddenly get this ability to teleport items to each others.

-Rey easily heals the piercing wound of Kylo even though that it's not the way force heal works.

-Rey damages Kylo's ship with a lightsaber which makes it to explode but nothing happens to Kylo at all.

-Luke's force ghost manages to catch the lightsaber and lift his X Wing. This idea completely ruins the OT.(Since Obi Wan could help rebellion in a lot of battles)

-You have a scene that rebellions board the empire star destroyer by landing on it's hull. It was so stupid.

-Rey and 3PO's death scenes looked good. But then the movie just ruined them few minutes later.

-Rey never sensed that Chewbacca was captured. She also never sensed that he wasn't in that ship that got blown up. But later she easily senses chewie inside the star destroyer.

-Rey shouldn't kill Palpatine because she will become the next sith. But reflecting emperor's lightning at himself is ok.

-Now star destroyers could have a laser gun to destroy an entire planet. As stupid as it sounds, they never use this weapon to destroy rebels cruisers with that.

When I was watching it, I began enjoying the stupid moments more than the movie itself.(Since they made me laugh a lot.)

I never thought that anyone could make a sequel to Batman And Robin movie.

All of them had, as far as I remember. Including Episodes VIII, Rogue One and Solo. Still Rogue One remains to be one of the best in the new generation of stories, if not the only one.

And Episode IV and I had terrible storms in Tunisia, which also posed a problem for production. During Episode V they got into a most vicious blizzard in Norway. In any case I do believe that's not the real reason for a problematic cinematic experience. My personal opinion is that 2 years isn't enough to make a Star Wars movie. In most cases. CGI and practical effects could be made, but choreography requires discipline and necessary preparations a little longer.

Still I enjoyed Episode IX, despite the flaws of the last story of Skywalkers, mentioned above. It was different for me with Episode VII, as I don't like it at all. The first one was the film, that collapsed all the consistency in Star Wars, thus most of the issues have their roots from the VII in the new trilogy. 

The second reason is that the audience changed drastically over the course of recent years. It's quite difficult to make a surprise or shock someone with entirely new content. Almost everyone has a chance to watch the movie as many times as he wants – via apps and mobiles several times per week + watch immediate reactions from others, use STOP to analyse certain scenes or glitches of the film.

dg1995 likes this
On 12/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, dg1995 said:

This movie has lots of issues. It's one of the worst Star Wars movies of all time.

Hide contents

-Rey and Kylo suddenly get this ability to teleport items to each others.

-Rey easily heals the piercing wound of Kylo even though that it's not the way force heal works.

-Rey damages Kylo's ship with a lightsaber which makes it to explode but nothing happens to Kylo at all.

-Luke's force ghost manages to catch the lightsaber and lift his X Wing. This idea completely ruins the OT.(Since Obi Wan could help rebellion in a lot of battles)

-You have a scene that rebellions board the empire star destroyer by landing on it's hull. It was so stupid.

-Rey and 3PO's death scenes looked good. But then the movie just ruined them few minutes later.

-Rey never sensed that Chewbacca was captured. She also never sensed that he wasn't in that ship that got blown up. But later she easily senses chewie inside the star destroyer.

-Rey shouldn't kill Palpatine because she will become the next sith. But reflecting emperor's lightning at himself is ok.

-Now star destroyers could have a laser gun to destroy an entire planet. As stupid as it sounds, they never use this weapon to destroy rebels cruisers with that.

When I was watching it, I began enjoying the stupid moments more than the movie itself.(Since they made me laugh a lot.)

I never thought that anyone could make a sequel to Batman And Robin movie.

And not to mention LUKE'S X-WING STILL WORKED! He had literally no reason to stay on Ahch-To and "force" himself to death with that projection, rather than actually going to Crait and helping the others.

I always liked Star Wars mostly for the crazy huge lore. Even if the EU was filled with ridiculous stuff I loved it that way. A lot of people didn't care about EU and only liked the movies in a casual way and that was okay, because the EU always felt like just some extra thing you can choose to care about or not. So the moment they deleted the EU and announced that everything will be tightly checked by Disney to make sure everything makes sense, I realized I wouldn't like Star Wars anymore. The new lore is just nowhere good enough to justify deleting 30 years of old stories.

I didn't like ROS, it felt completely unnecessary (just like the whole new trilogy). It doesn't expand anything beyond the original trilogy since

Spoiler

the ending is the same as Return of the Jedi. The emperor dies again, balance is restored again "by a Skywalker", everything is the same as before, again.

Also although I don't like using plot holes as an excuse too much, these new movies just have way way too many plot holes compared to the old ones. I mean the old ones probably did too but they weren't so obvious, you wouldn't find yourself thinking too much about stuff that didn't make sense. The old Star Wars movies were simple enough. The sequels have too much stuff that requires you to think and find a way to make sense out of it. The stuff you guys mention above like

Spoiler

why Luke didn't use his X-Wing or why did killing Palpatine not send Rey to the dark side.

I also thought it was very very tasteless to use Leia the way they did. Her lines are so out of context that it makes her really look and sound like a corpse. And the

Spoiler

funeral scene where her whole body and face is covered with a blanket while everyone stands around her awkwardly

was just the worst they could do to her as a character and actress.

I wouldn't mind if these new sequel trilogy stories were EU stories. But they are "numbered" Star Wars movies so they are the main part of the lore/story, they need to be of way better quality than what we got.

EDIT: I guess I liked a few things about ROS though: How they expand Rey's character and how they try to answer for most plot holes and questions left from the previous two movies (I like how they mention the Holdo crash). I also liked the planet where they meet Keri Russell's character, it seemed like an excellent location for Star Wars Battlefront. The new droid was also pretty cool. I liked the scenes where

Spoiler

Rey destroys the alleged prisoner ship of the First Order and the scene where 3PO gets his memory wiped out.

But then they undid those scenes in later scenes and removed any emotional impact, that was a cop out imo.

dg1995 likes this
  • 9 months later...