JKopen & JA++ on Steam

I have been trying stuff for the last few days and I am not getting it to run.

I installed OpenJK and that one is running just fine.

It's just that when I want to load the JA++ mod it simply doesn't.

I reinstalled a couple of times.

Tried: openjk.x86.exe +set fs_game "japlus"

Game boots but then does not run JA++ for some reason.

I downloaded the JA++ files from the Jkhub site and created a new folder called: "japlus".

Manually downloaded all 4 maps and put them in the japlus folder, then put japlus in the gamedata folder.

I want to get it running on steam because I have allot of friends playing and it's just a great platform to get in touch.

Wich opens the next question, is there a way to use a non steam version on steam ?

(I have the game on steam).

Thanks in advance.

You can add a non-Steam game by going to + Add Game at the bottom left under the list of games, and then going to Add non-Steam Game. Then just browse to the openjk.x86.exe. Once it's added, right click the newly created game and go to Properties, then go to Set Launch Options and enter +set fs_game "japlus" in the box. Now it should launch automatically with JA+.

Paradox likes this

You could also create a batch file to launch openjk while pointing it to your steam directory to use for assets.  eg:

openjk.x86.exe +set fs_game "japlus" +set fs_cdpath "." +set fs_basepath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData"
Paradox likes this

JKG Developer