Capture The Flag Competitive scene?

Hi there. I'm not sure how many people know about Capture the Flag "PUGS" (pick up games). They're private 3v3/4v4 matches and we play quite often...for more info check out http://www.jactf.com. Anyway, with that segway I'd like to gauge the community's interest in the following:

http://pugz.jkhub.org/index.php?topic=179.msg772#new

I created a topic on the Capture the Flag PUG forum to gauge the community's interest in a more competitive capture the flag scene. I also created a topic over on the ESL forums in case they were interested in incorporating ctfguns into their Jedi Academy section as well.

Vote up, and cheers!

Smoo likes this

Hm I wouldn't know I wasn't around 8 years ago...but maybe people didn't know about it? Not to mention the esports/competitive scene of any game, much less jka, wasn't as popular 8 years ago from what I can tell. Anyway, if nobody votes or is interested at all then so be it! I would hate to try and organize something and then not have anybody interested anyway, so this is more of me trying to gauge if anybody would actually be interested.

Hm I wouldn't know I wasn't around 8 years ago...but maybe people didn't know about it? Not to mention the esports/competitive scene of any game, much less jka, wasn't as popular 8 years ago from what I can tell. Anyway, if nobody votes or is interested at all then so be it! I would hate to try and organize something and then not have anybody interested anyway, so this is more of me trying to gauge if anybody would actually be interested.

The competitive scene was at least 20 times the size in 2008 when you compare the amount of people who played in the ladders and cups. Jedi Academy in the ESL is pretty much dead right now, back then there were 400 people in the 1on1 ladder, now there are 27. Even in 2008 it wasn't the same anymore compared to what it was in 2004-2006. There is no way there will ever be a CTF ladder on the ESL again, actually it's a miracle that the whole section isn't closed yet.

Smoo likes this