JKA Master Servers.

I have opened all ports on my router and set one of the master servers to jkhubs master server. But my server will not show up on jkhubs master server or jka's. Players can connect to my internet IP just fine they just can't ever find my server in the list's. Another thing I noticed is my server never sends heartbeats to the master servers and I can't figure out why. Additionally every time I ping masterjk3.ravensoft.com it always times out is ravenssofts server down?

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

You need to forward not just the port used to connect to/join the server, but also the one used to communicate with the master server. @@Didz might know which one that is.

I just port forward 29070 - 29071 and just whatever else i end up using myself

The issue could also be something to do with the computers firewall or anti-virus, use to host server on an old ish laptop and could connect but would never show on list but it shows up on my recently built desktop and it currently has no anti-virus lol

You do not need to open port 29060 on your server. The master server listens on that port, but it communicates with your server on whichever port your server is listening on (sending heartbeats from). If players can connect, your ports are all fine and the master server should be able to contact it. For anyone else finding this post by searching, make sure you have opened UDP port 29070 (or whatever you've set your net_port cvar to) incoming. TCP is not required.

If your server is not sending heartbeats, then you haven't set the 'dedicated' cvar to '2' or your sv_masterX cvars are not set. These are the only reasons that heartbeats wouldn't be sent.