Error while using JA on Mac.

Thanks to the fantastic and helpful JKJA Launch from Redsaurus, i've been able to play JKA on my Mac, it's been a real life saver. The thing is, i've recently downloaded a custom map that gives me this: filename > length max_qpath

This happens when I try to launch the game, it seems the app needs to run throught Single Player first before i can change it to Multiplayer, if I run MP individually it will work, but then I won't be able to connect to servers, because I didn't run it with JKJA Launch.

I've tried changing the location from: "Applications/Jedi Academy.app" to the Jedi Academy MP.app but of course it says it's invalid.

The problem would be solved if I deleted the map, but I really wanted to have it, is there a work around this?

Thank you in advance! If you need screenshots I shall provide.

It is, I posted it on the JoF forums aswell, since I'm in there, figured I could expand the helping spectrum, maybe someone else had similar problems.

You also have the error on the SMC (other map of ours) and that doesnt include that error surely cause the statues are new.

What error do you get when you run the SMC map?

You're the only one we're aware of with this problem atm so its hard to pinpoint the issue :(

Yeah, at the SMC I get the same error, but about a different file xD :

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%2023.25.

If anyone knew a way to launch Jedi Academy MP directly with JKJA Launch, it would be helpful! Don't really care about SP. Because if I run MP directly everything works and I can play the map in solo, I just can't join servers because of the App Store version not allowing.

Yeah, at the SMC I get the same error, but about a different file xD :

If anyone knew a way to launch Jedi Academy MP directly with JKJA Launch, it would be helpful! Don't really care about SP. Because if I run MP directly everything works and I can play the map in solo, I just can't join servers because of the App Store version not allowing.

What if you remove some other random map and then try to play, with both JoF maps in your base?

Also, JKJALaunch should ask you if you want to launch MP or SP when you open it...

I don't see where the confusion is, the error message is very self-explanatory.

MAX_QPATH (defined as 64) is the maximum number of characters a game-relative path to a file can have.

strlen = string length function, calculates the number of characters in a string.

Both of those errors are legitimate - those filepaths are longer than 64 characters. That particular mod simply won't run. It's not an issue on your end at all.

Didz and eezstreet like this

That particular mod simply won't run. It's not an issue on your end at all.

Won't run for him. As Aldro said, the rest of us don't have this problem. We tested the map with what, 30+ members?

I have no idea how many of us in JoF have Mac but Diego is the only one unable to play the map. It's a problem with Mac ?

The weirdest thing here is that it works at all for any other player. All assets need to have relative paths that are shorter than 64 characters. This isn't a Mac-specific thing - MAX_QPATH has always been 64 in JKA and files that have longer paths will simply not be loaded (models missing in-game, textures showing the default image, etc.) or stop the game.

Thank you all for the input, you've been wonderful, thou I have new developments xD. I have been ABLE to play the map, with no problems on solo, I just have to lanch the Jedi Academy MP.app directly and it works, with no crash, the only problem is, since its that new App Store version when I try to connect to servers it gives me the "you don't have all the pk3" error, thus the redsaurus JKJALaunch. 

That Max QPach error occurs whenever i launch SP, if we can figure out how to use JKJA Launch or any other fix and launch MP directly we're good, because so far when I use the App it always runs through SP first even if i click Multiplayer (on the JKJA Launch).

Whenever I want to play SP i will just remove the pk3's from Base and we avoid having to recompile and all that jazz. 

Did I make sense, can anyone help?

I think SP's a lot stricter about long filenames, whereas MP just won't load those files.

I didn't know you could launch Jedi Academy MP directly with the App Store version. It's possible that there's a newer App Store version than the one I have, though. What does your App Store installation look like?

I think SP's a lot stricter about long filenames, whereas MP just won't load those files.

I didn't know you could launch Jedi Academy MP directly with the App Store version. It's possible that there's a newer App Store version than the one I have, though. What does your App Store installation look like?

You can't loaded it directly using the App Store version, I had to go to the Jedi Academy app, "show package contents" and open the Jedi Academy MP, but then of course I could only play solo and not join servers. There hasn't been a new version, mine is most likely the same you have xD

The Jedi Academy MP inside doesn't launch properly for me - what does your installation actually look like?

Don't think I follow, I got it at the App Store and it just installs into the App folder, you can see the icon on the Launchpad and under it a little bar, is this what your asking? xD