Development Streaming

In this topic, all of the past streams are linked in one main topic so they can be found easier.

Our Twitch channel can be found here: http://twitch.tv/jkgalaxies

There are three different types of streams:

• Development Streams: These are live feeds of developers working on various things, whether it be code, models, maps, etc.
  • Discussion Streams: These are live feeds of our meetings and conversations about the design, direction and future of the mod. We may feature special community members who are interested in attending.
  • Gameplay Streams: These are live feeds of developers playing the mod, either with the community or testing out features in private.

Past Stream List:

Tauns and Smoo like this

Doing a quick stream right now, just some boring code.   :)

EDIT:

Stream is now over.  See y'all tomorrow!

Stream in which I fix things I didn't mean to fix and discover more jka cvars and get confused about const char * and char arrays, available here (and discover I was right all along about the const char pointers).

Edited by Darth Futuza

JKG Developer

• 3 months later...

Going live right now, I'm going to need a little more time before I start working in Substance Painter, in the meantime I'm going to work on getting a few weapons ready to be put in-game (L8 Striker and Pulse Revolver).

edit: just wrapped up that nearly 6 hour stream. Vod available at https://www.twitch.tv/jkgalaxies/v/62474913 stream starts at about 5min 45sec. Music starts out pretty quiet but does get turned up later.

Futuza, Smoo and eezstreet like this
  • 1 year later...

Very nice to see how you guys work! Wish I could implement the same item system for SP though :(

It's actually much easier to implement such a system in SP, since you don't have to worry about networking the data. When you get more proficient on C++ I can talk you through it sometime.
Smoo and Noodle like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
In case you've missed it, I've been streaming my development the past 3 days in a row. I've gotten the new IR-5 Intimidator blaster carbine in-game, this blaster will rival the LT-60 as an early game staple. It will feature a high capacity magazine and a high fire rate with the drawbacks of low damage per projectile and high recoil.

I've updated the original posts with links to the recent broadcasts now available for playback on Youtube.

Please remember to follow us on Twitch to be notified of the next stream!

Noodle and Smoo like this
  • 7 months later...