Back for a bit...Gonna make some awesome models for you

WHO?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. WHO YA WANT FIRST?

So I didn't stay gone forever and half of you new guys probably don't even know who I am, but I need some new pieces for my portfolio.

So I'm going to let you guys choose which of two models I make first.  (I haven't modded for these games in forever so I may need rigging assistance since I'm not an avid Blender or XSI user, unless someone knows of some plugins/scripts to rig the files in the newer versions of 3DS Max or Maya)

These will be full, new, actual models.  Not reskins, not frank'nmeshes, but full detailed models.

I'll be doing both, but who do you want first?

Darth Revan (with "canon" face)

Or

Kylo Ren (Movie Accurate with removable mask)

Maybe I'll do some other things for you guys later down the road, but for now, this is it.

EDIT: After some quick research it would appear the old plugins still work, so I should be fine.

Edited by CrimsonStrife
Srethem, Kualan, Omicron and 4 others like this

Hey man, I remember you from the FileFront Gaming Forums. Good to see that even though the modding scene has died down there's still people from the old-guard returning. I voted for Kylo Ren because it'd be the first model of him, rather than Darth Revan who has quite a few models with varying interpretations.

Jolly likes this

Hey man, I remember you from the FileFront Gaming Forums. Good to see that even though the modding scene has died down there's still people from the old-guard returning. I voted for Kylo Ren because it'd be the first model of him, rather than Darth Revan who has quite a few models with varying interpretations.

Umm, actually, there's MULTIPLE Kylo Ren models while there's only ONE Revan model. Just a correction there....

Bek likes this

Umm, actually, there's MULTIPLE Kylo Ren models while there's only ONE Revan model. Just a correction there....

Yeah, that's not what I meant. A model is something created from scratch, not from multiple pieces of other models. That's called a kitbash, and if an entire model is borrowed and just re-textured then that's just known as a skin.

Also there are a few Revan models.

Almighty Gir's Revan

MB2 had an old Revan model

Jedi Knight Filefront had another one, but seeing as how that's dead now it doesn't really count.

Yeah, that's not what I meant. A model is something created from scratch, not from multiple pieces of other models. That's called a kitbash, and if an entire model is borrowed and just re-textured then that's just known as a skin.

Also there are a few Revan models.

Almighty Gir's Revan

MB2 had an old Revan model

Jedi Knight Filefront had another one, but seeing as how that's dead now it doesn't really count.

I see. But it wouldn't be so bad to have a new Revan AND Kylo Ren model, with the ability to have BOTH of them unmasked if the player so chooses. :)

Darth Sion and Bek like this

It's...already happened, unfortunately.

We all know anything EA touches with it's sullied hands is sinful and gone astray.  Don't listen to those heretics brother they will take your soul and mar the good name of Revan.

Personally I voted for a Revan because I still think we haven't gotten a decent one, but I think most of the Kylo's that have done been done recently are very good and we have enough of them.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

JKG Developer

We all know anything EA touches with it's sullied hands is sinful and gone astray.  Don't listen to those heretics brother they will take your soul and mar the good name of Revan.

Personally I voted for a Revan because I still think we haven't gotten a decent one, but I think most of the Kylo's that have done been done recently are very good and we have enough of them.

I do partly agree with you on that, but I think until we have a high-poly, movie accurate version of Kylo.. The more we have of him, the better. That way people can continue their work on him and bring out the best version possible.

We "technically" got one already from the same guy who gave us Clone Wars Anakin. But, I agree. We NEED a newer, better Revan that can be unmasked as well.

I do partly agree with you on that, but I think until we have a high-poly, movie accurate version of Kylo.. The more we have of him, the better. That way people can continue their work on him and bring out the best version possible.

While the version I am making will be higher-poly than the vanilla models of the games, don't expect it to be all that high-poly, this is still an old engine we're talking about here.  I'll be baking most of the fine details into the textures.

While the version I am making will be higher-poly than the vanilla models of the games, don't expect it to be all that high-poly, this is still an old engine we're talking about here.  I'll be baking most of the fine details into the textures.

Well, if it's anything like the standard of model we got from Psyk0Sith's Darth Malgus, I'm on-board.  :D

Well, if it's anything like the standard of model we got from Psyk0Sith's Darth Malgus, I'm on-board.  :D

Probably close, but I don't think I'd compare myself to @@Psyk0Sith, he's been at this longer than me if I recall correctly.

Per her own words, I'm much closer to @@Inyri's level. I'm only even remotely "known" in the community for making a bunch of cool stuff I teased and then lost/never released.