Open World RPG ''like'' Star Wars Game

Hello Everyone...

I'd like to start off by saying I'm sorry to Disney for using their logo and name. Having said that, I find it very disturbing that you want to report me to them. As if they didn't already know. You truly want to see some be in debt for the wrest of their life because they had a dream for a video game that they never created. Very selfish, and very ironic. Disney was created because Walt Disney had a dream, was it not? I find it ironic because on a lot of the news and the forums there was a quote from something I said. It read " I have talked to Disney, and they have informed me to contact Lucas arts". I believe most of you said quote " that's like a father telling the kid to go ask their mother because they do not want to deal with them." Yet I recieved emails from random people basically telling their dad to send me to timeout because they don't like me.

Secondly, I am taking this kick starter down myself. Disney has not contacted me to tell me to shut it down for those of you who think you own Disney. I am taking this kick starter down, because I very much respect Disney, and I do not want this to get to big. I love all their pirates of the Caribbean movies. I always wanted to be captain jack, but I think Mr. Depp is to good to be replaced. I have faith that somewhere in the future, a game like the one I described, will be made by Disney/EA/LucasFilms/Bioware or whoever is going to do it.

Thirdly I know my spelling and grammar sucks, but all you need is the force and you will do ok in life. I wrote the entire thing on my phone while in Childress Texas with a JUAN bar. So I did not care for spelling mistakes, because of that and I really didn't think I'd actually be doing this. As many of you pointed out I am highly unqualified. The point of this whole Kickstarter is to not let your dreams be dreams. Don't say tomorrow just do it.

-Devin Tripp

Thanks for all the backers. It made this whole thing extra funny

-He's incompetent is what he is.  So no it's never coming off the ground.

JKG Developer

I read someone's analysis of the kickstarter a few days ago and they calculated that you would be able to pay 0.87 developers for the 2 year development cycle he's planning given the amount of money that's being raised. It won't go far at all. Nevermind the lack of rights to the Star Wars IP.

Only people with a lot of money can be so gullible as to waste their cash on a kickstarter. With a few exceptions, they're all failed projects that no investor would touch with a 10-foot pole. The only one that I remember actually accomplished something was by the developers of the Kingdome Come: Deliverance videogame, which had people investing on it years before their kickstarter page.

eezstreet and Bek like this
  • 1 month later...

well yeah, the sequels, because other than the updated graphics and some new features, they aren't much different

Why would they be much different? They are sequels. You can't expect them to make a sequel that is completely different from the games before it. In the case of Bethesda, they are really good at bringing a fresh experience while still keeping it familiar. A lot of that is due to them taking their own time when creating their games.

Why would they be much different? They are sequels. You can't expect them to make a sequel that is completely different from the games before it. In the case of Bethesda, they are really good at bringing a fresh experience while still keeping it familiar. A lot of that is due to them taking their own time when creating their games.

you're right, but what I'm saying that they should update their engine because having the same four animations since Tes3 is kinda, well, you know...

No, they should update the animations if that's the case.

Perhaps I am a bit strange, but I never took issue with Fallout 4's graphics like everyone else seemed to. I was more irritated by the quest system than anything.

The quests and so little dialogue really killed the game. Why play Fallout 4 when you can play New Vegas, which is much more interesting. Quests are a core feature in any open-world RPG that they completely failed on doing well.

eezstreet likes this