Trouble with Blender animation export + GLAmerge

Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

I'm making new animations to be used in JK2mp. Got some trouble, don't know where my frames have ended up, and after using GLAmerge, watching animations in modview displays the base animations incorrectly, like all the starting frames have been offset in animation.cfg, caused by the merge.

So:

Importing the _humanoid.gla and editing an animation is no trouble. I put the base pose in the first frame, as instructed by the GLAmerge manual. I create the marker and name it Boot_Testanim1, set the end frame in Blender to 9, the length of the animation. Exporting the boot_animation.cfg is fine, shows up with length 9. I export the .gla, putting "models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla as the gla reference, rest is blank.

I take the exported .gla to GLAmerge and merge it with the original .gla. It outputs a file slightly larger than the original, so it makes sense so far. I replace the old with the new _humanoid.gla, but since I don't know where the frames have gone, I don't know what to set as starting frame in animation.cfg.

But in any case, as mentioned, all animations seem offset now, so something must be done differently in Blender or GLAmerge. Does anyone have a clue what goes wrong?

@@mrwonko @@DT85 @@eezstreet @@katanamaru (?) @anyonewhohasdoneanimationstuff

• 4 weeks later...