If anyone's attempting a NEW Kylo Ren model.. (Kylo Ren REQUEST)

Ok guys,

So it's been a while since we've had a NEW model of Kylo Ren.. And personally, although we do have 2 or 3 very good versions out there already, with Kualan's and Kylo Ren's respective models, from a few months back and also dark_apprentice's maskless/helmetless version (which does have a couple of in-accuracies). I think we certainly, could do with a NEW, *more updated* version, now the movie's out in theaters. So I figured now we have more sources to go on and what not, it'd be a great chance for someone to release a NEW, updated version of him, if they're interested..

I also thought I'd throw in these sources (below), for anyone wanting to create him and get him as accurate as possible..

29nzfi1.jpg

el1fub.jpg

2heh4kj.jpg

rvvn7o.jpg
500px-Kylo_Ren_Full.png
Very best of luck to you!

@ i am thinking, that it is you, who might start to work with Blender and to make all the tweakings to each model you want to use. Since i see that you love this work of "tweaking" on almost every model. I know you want to be perfectionist, but it's better for you to make it as how you like it ;) just my opinion.

@ i am thinking, that it is you, who might start to work with Blender and to make all the tweakings to each model you want to use. Since i see that you love this work of "tweaking" on almost every model. I know you want to be perfectionist, but it's better for you to make it as how you like it ;) just my opinion.

Well, I'm not a modder. I wouldn't even know where to start, if I did wanna be a modder. Neither do I have any of the required software or take credit for anybody else's work. It's just not my area. Most of the models released though, are essentially v1.0's of its creator's work. So I'm just offering advice to the creator to help them improve on their work and I guess if it helps them get more rep and more noticed for it, then why not.. :huh:

Well, I'm not a modder. I don't mod, know where to start, have any of the required software or take credit for anybody's work. It's not my style or my field. Most of the new models that come out though, are essentially v1.0's of its respective creator's work. So I'm offering advice into areas that I think can help people to improve on their work and I guess, if it helps them get more rep and more noticed for it, then why not.. :huh:

Neither am i. I am soundengineer :) Just sometimes it's better when you take the hands on what you want to see on certain models or stuff, or at least that's how i do the things. Also sometimes the artist could not see what others want to see in their work, so it's better to take it on your own, that's what i was talking about. Give it a try if you want, it is not that hard to make frankensteins :P

Well, if you want me to be specific about it, I could give you the information you need to improve your Kylo Ren model. Overall, it's very good! I'm not knocking the model, at all, don't get me wrong.. But there's just a couple of things that could do with looking at, to get it more accurate or as accurate as can be, to what you see in the movie.

The 2 main things I noticed were the boots and the sleeves/arms.. And I don't think it'd hurt, to enlarge the belt a little.. Judging by your current version and the images posted above.

@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iNK0CYFYpE

Download the .blend model here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0x9t6fvkolb71t/KyloRen_forTheTubers.zip?dl=0

It's not weighted or rigged for JKA, but it's a good base.

Holy crap! :o That looks incredible!! :woot:.. Where'd you find that?

I can't mod, though, unfortunately. It's not that I "won't" mod, it's just that I can't. I don't know the first thing or where to start. And even if I tried, I'd probably end up nausing it up. I mean, if anyone else is interested in turning that into a JKA mod. Hell! I'd even make a small donation and pay for it, considering how good the overall base model is..

Holy crap!  :o That looks incredible!! :woot:.. Where did you find that?

I can't mod, though, unfortunately. It's not that I "won't" mod, it's just that I can't. I don't know the first thing or where to start. And even if I could make an attempt, I'd probably end up nausing it up. I mean, if anyone else would be interested in coming in and turning that into a JKA mod. Hell! I'd even make a small donation and pay for it, considering how good the overall base model is..

The guy who owns that Youtube Channel made it.

@

If you wanted this Kylo Ren model in JKA, you could make an account over at Facepunch for free, then post a Thread saying you would pay for someone to get it working in JKA.

Post that Thread here:

https://facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40&order=desc

@

Almost forgot the most important part, this does not have textures. You would have to try to get them from the creator along with permission.

@

So i've asked the guy who made the model. The good news we have his permission. The bad news is there are no textures, just blend mesh shading or something (check his comments on the video). Perhaps the textures can be recreated and exported as regular texture images. I have no idea how though.

Darth Sion likes this

@ Awesome!  :D Well, that's a start at least, anyway.. @@DT85 @@Psyk0Sith @@Kualan.. You guys seem to know your thing. Is there any way you can assist with this or if anyone else knows how?

Not trying to be rude, but I'm sure DT and Psyko feel the same - there's no need to tag people constantly in request threads. If I had something to say in this thread, I would say it.

Jeff, eezstreet, Wasa and 2 others like this

@

So i've asked the guy who made the model. The good news we have his permission. The bad news is there are no textures, just blend mesh shading or something (check his comments on the video). Perhaps the textures can be recreated and exported as regular texture images. I have no idea how though.

I've spoken with Psyk0, via Messenger, this morning and asked him about the textures and such and he said that, and I quote:

"Well, if those details are modeled then they can be baked into ambient occlusion, if they're procedural materials, I doubt it."