Holster Lightsaber Mod?

Seven
Go to solution Solved by Circa,

I was using the jedi enhanced mod and noticed in the settings you could enable weapon holstering (on your waist). It works really well, but is there a way to do this outside of the mod? I've looked around and haven't been able to find much about it. Help would be appreciated.

Darth Sion likes this

Ah I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

I am ending some spells into  my fantasy mod for single player. i have downloaded the JAE source code and i studied the power of force repulse. i am making some different version of this power into single player game, with AOE elemental attack and status alteration of the hitted NPC. after a lot of work, works like a charm, also if is a very complex code ! @-@

Howerver, i was searching about the holster code. is little complicated, and i tried to put also in my SP mod, but without success. the SAB file not read again my holster command. If some of the author of JAE project can help me sharing the holster code, when i end with my mod code i will be glad to create a little mod with holstering enabled... or maybe a tutorial about adding this feature into SP code.

:)

i am pretty interessed about that.

if someone desire can send me same PM regard this. :)

Langerd likes this

I am ending some spells into my fantasy mod for single player. i have downloaded the JAE source code and i studied the power of force repulse. i am making some different version of this power into single player game, with AOE elemental attack and status alteration of the hitted NPC. after a lot of work, works like a charm, also if is a very complex code ! @-@

Howerver, i was searching about the holster code. is little complicated, and i tried to put also in my SP mod, but without success. the SAB file not read again my holster command. If some of the author of JAE project can help me sharing the holster code, when i end with my mod code i will be glad to create a little mod with holstering enabled... or maybe a tutorial about adding this feature into SP code.

:)

i am pretty interessed about that.

if someone desire can send me same PM regard this. :)

Cool cool

Thats why it's in the that mod. It's never been done for SP before, so it was one of my big goals for JK:E to have.

In your mod i can't get the resolution to fit my screen right, so the left and right of the screen are black and everything's bigger.

r_mode -2 or r_customwidth x, r_customheight y and r_mode -1 *should* work - the resolution stuff is just the same as in OpenJK. @@Asgarath83 I can probably check exactly which commits are needed for the holster code in a couple of days

I got openjk but I'm not absolutely sure what it does/ how to use it. Do i run it while ja is running or before or am I completely off?

I got openjk but I'm not absolutely sure what it does/ how to use it. Do i run it while ja is running or before or am I completely off?

Lol. Openjk is the source code of JA , cleaned up and fixed by JAhUB coders team.

so you need microsoft visual studio 2010-2012 for edit it!

you need cmake for build a solution for work.

you need to load the solution, edit the code and build the exe and dll of the your new custom coded game.

but more important, you need to know the programming world! in speciality, the c and c++ language. for SP, c++ is important. for MP, is important C.

so if you are not a programmer, and you cannot learn c or c++, this is not the work fine for you. also, you need a lot of time for learn. i pass 2 years just for learn the basic things for work a lot into the code. i am not an expert, but i can do little edit, if i know exactly what i am editing.

coding is very much complicated respect to the simple modding. and 90% of feature of JKA are editable only with coding skills, i am sorry for that. :(

However if you wanna try and learn something of new, but also something very complicated, you can read the eezstreet tutorials about openjk, and how to use cmake, and how to build a new game etc, into the tutorial section. i wrote also some tutorial for explain you how to add a new weapon or a new force power, or new sabers colors.

should be a good start point for learn the basic of the code.

@@redsaurus , thanks so much! i will wait! ^_^

Lol. Openjk is the source code of JA , cleaned up and fixed by JAhUB coders team.

so you need microsoft visual studio 2010-2012 for edit it!

you need cmake for build a solution for work.

you need to load the solution, edit the code and build the exe and dll of the your new custom coded game.

but more important, you need to know the programming world! in speciality, the c and c++ language. for SP, c++ is important. for MP, is important C.

so if you are not a programmer, and you cannot learn c or c++, this is not the work fine for you. also, you need a lot of time for learn. i pass 2 years just for learn the basic things for work a lot into the code. i am not an expert, but i can do little edit, if i know exactly what i am editing.

coding is very much complicated respect to the simple modding. and 90% of feature of JKA are editable only with coding skills, i am sorry for that. :(

However if you wanna try and learn something of new, but also something very complicated, you can read the eezstreet tutorials about openjk, and how to use cmake, and how to build a new game etc, into the tutorial section. i wrote also some tutorial for explain you how to add a new weapon or a new force power, or new sabers colors.

should be a good start point for learn the basic of the code.

@@redsaurus , thanks so much! i will wait! ^_^

well thats a lot more complicated than i thought. Could you "make" a way for me to get the resolution to 1280x800?

• 2 weeks later...