Mapping: Sound loudness

Alright, so it didn't take very long before I was in need of help from you guys  :D

I'm currently working on a map, where I have an elevator that has a forcefield activate around it when it's used. Now, I've set up a target_speaker to play the forcefield hum when this happens, but my problem here is that it is incredibly loud, so here's my question:

Can I use a key value in Radiant to determine the volume of a sound?

I realize that there are other workarounds to this problem, like making a copy of the WAV file that has a lower volume, but seeing as I might need to do this a lot of times, I figured I'd ask the bright heads here for the easiest solution.

Hope you can help  :)

One issue with certain maps released by people can be that they haven't used area boundaries so the sound will be heard anywhere on the map, for a roleplayer it can be extremely bothersome hearing lightsabers clashing at normal volume from inside a building as if you're in the room with them.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

Guest KENNITHH

If you're making a singleplayer map, you should check out SoundSets, if I remember correctly its in the sound.txt, but I'm not 100% sure JK has this aswell but it should.