New (old) mapper on the scene

Tafkat

Hi everybody!

I'm an old-timer on the JKA mapping/modding scene, that worked on a lot of different stuff over the years, but sadly never released more than a single duel map, mostly because my ambitions were too high - all the projects I ever worked on (aside from the duel map) were full-scale total conversion single player experiences, where my cousin and I would plan out a grand plot, and gameplay spanning across upwards of a dozen huge maps, then finish about 50% of a single one, and quit it for something new  :P

Anyway, I recently decided to fire up GTKRadiant once more, and dabble in a bit of mapping, just to kill time as I had a few sick-days that kept me home. I honestly figured the community would be completely dead by now, when, lo and behold, I stumbled across this site! So great to see that there are still people out there fighting the good fight!  :winkthumb:  Thus, I began to think about working on an old singeplayer mod idea I had, but just keep it to a single map for now, in hopes that I may actually finish it one day. Sure, this day is months away at best, and knowing my crazy ambitions, might not ever see the light of day, since I also have a job and a career to think about. But I'm gonna' give it my best regardless!

My problem now, is that I haven't done this for roughly ten years, so I'm pretty much a rookie once again in all aspects. I remember most of the basics of the actual mapping part, but everything else is a fuzzy memory at best. So expect to see my name around here a lot.

Also, forgive me for rambling on a bit. I'm still on some pretty heavy duty painkillers at the moment! But I'm just thrilled to be here  :D

-Tafkat

(The Artist Formerly Known As Tito)

Hi and welcome! :winkthumb: Not only are we "fighting the good fight", but we're still producing tons of new quality content for the JK games, so feel free to give it your all. There are dozens of projects currently actively in progress that are aimed at both improving the game and producing new Star Wars content for it.

We also have a tutorials section with a lot of good tutorials that will surely help you get back in shape. It's good to see a "new (old)" face. So come, join, and dig in. No reason to hold back, and there's always help if you get stuck. ;)

Bek likes this