Adding new saber colours to the game

Hello,

sorry if I didn't  made the thread correctly, asked the right question or if such a question already exists. I am new to the forum and still finding my way around. :)

So, I wanted to ask that: how can I add a new lightsaber colour to the already existing 6? I am interested in adding a darksaber(black colour) at first. I downloaded a mod, called 28 new saber colours, to snoop in the file and find how to do it, but couldn't find anything. I just saw the saber hilt entries with different combinations of colours in them. Basically more hilts with a fixed colour each(?)

Anyway, I have knowledge of scripting, coding and basic modelling, it's the procedure that escapes me. I should mention that this is for a personal modification, not for any public mod and also, for single player. Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Hello,

sorry if I didn't  made the thread correctly, asked the right question or if such a question already exists. I am new to the forum and still finding my way around. :)

So, I wanted to ask that: how can I add a new lightsaber colour to the already existing 6? I am interested in adding a darksaber(black colour) at first. I downloaded a mod, called 28 new saber colours, to snoop in the file and find how to do it, but couldn't find anything. I just saw the saber hilt entries with different combinations of colours in them. Basically more hilts with a fixed colour each(?)

Anyway, I have knowledge of scripting, coding and basic modelling, it's the procedure that escapes me. I should mention that this is for a personal modification, not for any public mod and also, for single player. Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

it's for SP or MP ? i coded new saber color for SP for ECM mod recently.

Okay boys, i see many people asking for this, so... give me some days. wednesday i am enough free to write a tutorial. ;)

is not much difficult however, you need to edit just few things into the code. :)

Okay boys, i see many peoples asking for this in the last time.

Wednesday i am enough free for write a little tutorial. you need just to edit some fields...

i need to warning you about two things:

1: i know how to do only for Single player.

2: this should work also for NPC and for consolle command. :)

godofcrap42 likes this

Okay boys, i see many people asking for this, so... give me some days. wednesday i am enough free to write a tutorial. ;)

is not much difficult however, you need to edit just few things into the code. :)

Okay boys, i see many peoples asking for this in the last time.

Wednesday i am enough free for write a little tutorial. you need just to edit some fields...

i need to warning you about two things:

1: i know how to do only for Single player.

2: this should work also for NPC and for consolle command. :)

Thank you! I don't have any problems in editing some fields, as I said, I have some knowledge in scripting and coding, enough to not be intimidated by code blocks.  :)

I was more worried about what was hardcoded by the game developers,  to be honest. 

And to all that asking: I was interested in Single player, like godofcrap42.

Thank you!

Done. it's not much difficult and as what i see, the ui_saber menu function call the g_saber function and g_saber function depedn by servercomand. consolle comand are, strangely, setted into NPC_stats.cpp LOl.
However, tutorial submited yesterday. waiting for approvation. i hope also to get some good feedback. :)

Ah, thank you! And if it's indeed C++ that's very good, I'm quite familiar with the language. Or is it a language made for the game specifically using the commands, syntax and functions of C++?

it's C++  for single player, and C for multiplayer. the langague is the same of c++ and use parameter like int, float, define, etc. so i guess you with your experience you can work on the code without any trouble. it's not much complicated after a lot of pratique. i am not a programmer, and not a math man, but i learn a lot of thing just with a basic knowledge of the commands and the dedution.

Antonis likes this

That is good. I know a bit about C, too, but not very much. I am studying programming in University and the semester about C was more like introductory to the programming languages in general, not so much learning the specific language. We studied C++ in more depth.  :)

That is good. I know a bit about C, too, but not very much. I am studying programming in University and the semester about C was more like introductory to the programming languages in general, not so much learning the specific language. We studied C++ in more depth.  :)

If i understood on my ignorance how to add new weapons, force power and sabercolor without university, sure you can do better of me.

;) 

I read your tutorials on adding force powers and weapons, friend, you seem quite the opposite of ignorant. Very in depth and good knowledge.  :)

Why but i have not any coding knowledge by school or study and i am not an expert of C++ or a programmer. i simply searched into the code all the entries for the tusken rifle (the more easy weapon, also player can use it ) and so i see in which part of code a weapon is encoded, so i addded my custom weapon in these parts. obvious, i printed and studied the related code for understand what i was doing XD.

but with force power.... i cannot create a new weapon or force power by zero. i can make new weapons or force power merging the functions of the pre-existing code... and going on try and error, some times. it's not a theoretical scientifical approach, but it's the only way i know for learn something. at the end i obtained also a working force stasys power, obtained merging the force telepathy with force grip. it got also visual particellar efx spawned by the chest of enemies for duration. :)