searching a Blender 264 addon for vertex count on a mesh

Go to solution Solved by Ramikad,

I Know is a trivial question but really, i search by days and google and i not found anything.

someone know some good addon for blender 2.64 that can show the vertex number of a selected objects?

i ask this because i am working with MD3 and i need to be sure of not export meshes with more of 1000 vertexes for MD3 of JKA. so i need something to see the vertex number for make a good detaching.

:)  (the blender panel on the top right of the screens show only the global amount of scene vertexes, i need to see the vertex total number of the selected mesh. )

thanks for any answer

@@Cerez

@@mrwonko

Smoo likes this

Not sure if it's Blender 2.64 specific, but in my experience the vertex count on the right top of the screen shows the total vertexes of all meshes. To see the number of vertexes of a single mesh, I simply select that mesh and enter Edit Mode.

Well, because i have problem of sight my monitor is ever to 800x600 definition so the right top panel with vertex count is visible only when i am exporting mesh.  mmm i try to export something into an edit mode and i see if it works, because i ever seen only the total vertexes count.

@@Cerez , yes, i have already see that, but i not found much. after a long search i found this plug in, but i put as a .py file into blender addons folder and when i go on preference the check box for activate it not works >.<

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/13757/list-of-objects-in-scene-with-counts-verts-faces-tris

@@Ramikad okay, i selected a mesh in edit mod and i click to export and i see the vertex count in the top right panel.

there is some way to customize UI for drag the panel into the default scene view, so i can get ever forward at my eyes?

An 800x600 px screen will be a problem with most professional software out there. These days they are not only designed for 1024x768 px, but even sometimes for common widescreen resolutions, such as 1280x768. 800x600 px is very little to work with for the UI.

And yeah, you don't need a plugin to see the selected mesh's vertex count -- you just need to be able to see the whole UI of Blender. But if you do look for a plugin, make sure that it is for your exact version of Blender. Most Blender plugins are version specific, and won't work with an older or newer release than what they were designed for.

Or, I found a better way to go is to download a version of Blender that that plugin was made for. It's easier to switch your version of Blender than to hunt for a plugin that works with your current version.

http://www.blender.org/download/previous-versions/

Asgarath83 likes this

An 800x600 px screen will be a problem with most professional software out there. These days they are not only designed for 1024x768 px, but even sometimes for common widescreen resolutions, such as 1280x768. 800x600 px is very little to work with for the UI.

And yeah, you don't need a plugin to see the selected mesh's vertex count -- you just need to be able to see the whole UI of Blender. But if you do look for a plugin, make sure that it is for your exact version of Blender. Most Blender plugins are version specific, and won't work with an older or newer release than what they were designed for.

Or, I found a better way to go is to download a version of Blender that that plugin was made for. It's easier to switch your version of Blender than to hunt for a plugin that works with your current version.

http://www.blender.org/download/previous-versions/

Oh understood Cerez. eh, at 1280x768 resolution the fonts are too smalls for my eyes. T_T . however at the end i find a solution:

i found a plug in for blender 2.64 that assign for a mesh the custom properties of another mesh. so if i assign md3shader models/blabla/wall2 to a mesh as texture path for md3, i can simply select all mesh of the object with A, and after i select again the mesh with md3shader and i hit the assign custom properties button. that automatically give same md3shader parameter and same path texture to ALL mesh selected. :D that's is boosting up my works! i not need to type every damned time md3shader models blablablatexture path for every mesh. oi open a project blend, i open the model, i assign md3 shader on a mesh and i reply this to all mesh. after this, i need simply to change the name of the texture. 

that's is speeding up my job and in a few days i have exported dozens of model. for check the 1000 vertexes cap limit, i simply select a mesh , i go into edit mode, and i go to export windows for see the vertex count . if it signs more of 1000, i use shift+p for detaching the mesh in more parts. :)

now it's perfect!!! :D

thanks to you and and Ramikad for explanations :)

Cerez likes this