Development screenshots: cool things that are being worked on

Might be a silly question, but english is not my native language so I'll still ask. What's the difference between value and price? 

My guess is that the Price is what you have to pay to buy that item or weapon from the vendor, and Value is what you're selling your item / weapon for.

eezstreet likes this
  • 2 months later...

So I just noticed, why are there two credits on the bottom?  For debug purposes (one for player, one for shopkeeper)?  Not sure why we would show the player how many credits the vendor has in stock, if I'm correct in my assumption that that's what it is showing?

JKG Developer

So I just noticed, why are there two credits on the bottom?  For debug purposes (one for player, one for shopkeeper)?  Not sure why we would show the player how many credits the vendor has in stock, if I'm correct in my assumption that that's what it is showing?

Well that's how it works in the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout games. If you're limiting the amount a vendor can buy items from you, it's nice to see how much they have so you know how much you can sell to them.

eezstreet likes this

I'm not sure I like limiting how much you can sell to them, unless there's an alternate way for players to get rid of their crap (ie: global marketplace to sell to players, like an ingame Amazon Marketplace).  In Bethesda games you can sleep or wait to force vendor gold to respawn, can't do that in an online game, unless you change the server's time speed scale or something - but that's be cheating and wouldn't work in a multiplayer environment.  Also on that note, can their credits be stolen via some mechanic? ie: Gang of players break into Tom Groundrunner's shop at night and break open his cashbox and make off with 9000 credits.

JKG Developer

The shop menu is in need of a facelift. Here's the current concept for the new shop, which has some new features.

UjcyV4p.png

First, you will be able to see both your inventory and the shopkeeper's inventory at the same time, without switching to another menu.

Second, you can repurchase items that you or other players have sold to vendors. It might be wise to search the buyback before purchasing an item at the shop, because it might be cheaper. By clicking the Buyback button, you can switch between Buyback and regular shop.

Third, you can sort prices by both the name of the item and the cost of the item.

Lastly, you can examine both items in your inventory and in the shop, which will bring up a nice little menu with more information about the item.

Was there ever a Bryar rifle in Legends? We all know the Bryar PISTOL, but I don't recall seeing a rifle.

I'm not sure I like limiting how much you can sell to them, unless there's an alternate way for players to get rid of their crap (ie: global marketplace to sell to players, like an ingame Amazon Marketplace). In Bethesda games you can sleep or wait to force vendor gold to respawn, can't do that in an online game, unless you change the server's time speed scale or something - but that's be cheating and wouldn't work in a multiplayer environment. Also on that note, can their credits be stolen via some mechanic? ie: Gang of players break into Tom Groundrunner's shop at night and break open his cashbox and make off with 9000 credits.

Could have something like the GTN on SWTOR that lets you sell items to other players. Can filter by certain categories or search for specific item names.
z3filus likes this

I'm not sure I like limiting how much you can sell to them, unless there's an alternate way for players to get rid of their crap (ie: global marketplace to sell to players, like an ingame Amazon Marketplace). In Bethesda games you can sleep or wait to force vendor gold to respawn, can't do that in an online game, unless you change the server's time speed scale or something - but that's be cheating and wouldn't work in a multiplayer environment. Also on that note, can their credits be stolen via some mechanic? ie: Gang of players break into Tom Groundrunner's shop at night and break open his cashbox and make off with 9000 credits.

1. That's actually one of my huge gripes with Bethesda games, is that you can generate huge amounts of cash and never feel limited. It being an online game would be better.

2. I'm not sure why the player would need to know that a shop got broken into?

1. That's actually one of my huge gripes with Bethesda games, is that you can generate huge amounts of cash and never feel limited. It being an online game would be better.

2. I'm not sure why the player would need to know that a shop got broken into?

1. Fair enough.  I guess I just want to make sure that if players have goods they can get rid of them eventually.  My problem with a lot of online games is that the bank size, or warehouse is limited and can only hold x amount of items so you're forced to try and sell stuff to vendors so your hard earned drops, etc. don't just get thrown away.

2. ?  I think you misunderstood me?  I'm just asking if vendors have available cash on hand, can players steal it or is it going to be totally protected?

JKG Developer

1. Fair enough.  I guess I just want to make sure that if players have goods they can get rid of them eventually.  My problem with a lot of online games is that the bank size, or warehouse is limited and can only hold x amount of items so you're forced to try and sell stuff to vendors so your hard earned drops, etc. don't just get thrown away.

2. ?  I think you misunderstood me?  I'm just asking if vendors have available cash on hand, can players steal it or is it going to be totally protected?

Oh. I dunno. Haven't thought about that.

6gVFdLq.jpg

It's progress, I swear!

(If you're wondering why the console background is the old one, it's just because I don't have the most recent asset on my dev build.  Now if you're wondering why the text colors are so messed up...that's a different tale).

Smoo likes this

JKG Developer

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...