Development screenshots: cool things that are being worked on

• 2 weeks later...

So I know I said the RGB stuff was done.  Well I lied.  I refactored some code and built in RGB stuff to the tr_fonts.cpp functions - now it works everywhere, instead of using approximate colors.  (Notice how we get the non-console colors in the image below).

dYPXbon.jpg

Still need to add RGB color support to console text though.  (Such as the player shot player2 text above).

EDIT: Noticed some bugs and fixed them, here's the result:

C7ZjCkx.jpg

Still need to add console text support though.

Edited by Darth Futuza

JKG Developer

An explanation for those who don't understand:

In JKG, you have a wider variety of color codes available at your disposal. By using this format:

^xRGB, and replacing RGB with a hexadecimal digit for Red Green and Blue values, you have approximately 16*16*16 different color options in addition to the original 10.

Smoo, Onysfx and Futuza like this

Yes but it should be implemented like color codes are in the engine.  Not some gimmicky function that has to butcher the string every rendering and then add colors.  Do you really need 163 colors?  Why not just do ^ ASCII ?

It's pretty much the same as how color codes are in the engine now, I've refactored it since then.  It's not done, still needs some fixes for things like the console. Because ^ASCII creates problems with very long strings and takes up more space than necessary in player names?  Is it needed?  No, but it was an already implemented feature that was partially broken and never completed so I'm fixing it.

JKG Developer

Yes but it should be implemented like color codes are in the engine.  Not some gimmicky function that has to butcher the string every rendering and then add colors.  Do you really need 163 colors?  Why not just do ^ ASCII ?

^ ASCII is not easily understood at all. What is ^a supposed to mean, and how is it different than ^'? With the xRGB identification, you have ease of use, and also predictable results. With ^ASCII, what are you supposed to do with unprintable characters, whitespace or null terminators?

Smoo likes this

I simplified by saying ASCII but I meant printable character ASCII.  You would obviously only support the graphical characters which gives you ~88 color codes because excluding ^^ ^" ^` ^~ ^; ^%

The xRGB system only limits the amount of colors and text you can use tbh since it requires more characters to make a color.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4dmXG4.png

Visual update of the L8 Striker pistol, I really liked the overall design of the weapon compared to the original SWG L7 Liquidsilver, I decided to take a blend between the L7 and L8 for the visual update and keep the L8 Striker as opposed to recreating the original SWG weapon.

Also, the new visually updated model actually uses less triangles than the old model.

Smoo and Futuza like this
  • 2 weeks later...

The shop menu is in need of a facelift. Here's the current concept for the new shop, which has some new features.

UjcyV4p.png

First, you will be able to see both your inventory and the shopkeeper's inventory at the same time, without switching to another menu.

Second, you can repurchase items that you or other players have sold to vendors. It might be wise to search the buyback before purchasing an item at the shop, because it might be cheaper. By clicking the Buyback button, you can switch between Buyback and regular shop.

Third, you can sort prices by both the name of the item and the cost of the item.

Lastly, you can examine both items in your inventory and in the shop, which will bring up a nice little menu with more information about the item.

GPChannel, Smoo and Stoiss like this