PHRG - ForceMod III Return of The Emperor (FM3RE) Complete Beta Posted!

If anyone is looking for something new to play, you should check out my latest FM3RE (ForceMod III Return of The Emperor) Complete Beta!

You can download FM3RE here:

**LINK REMOVED - PLEASE CHECK FM3RE v2.00 POST**

For additional information regarding FM3RE, my clan (PHRG), or ForceMod III in general, feel free to visit our website @ http://phrgempire.com/

I would love for the JKIII Community to give FM3RE a shot, I'm sure you will all have a blast with it   :D

Please let me know what you guys think! It's also worth mentioning that during this beta testing, I will be putting together a complete readme file as well as give proper credit to all those who created the files used in FM3RE (there are a lot of them haha...)

**NOTE**

This is a re-post of me shamelessly self-promoting FM3RE Complete Beta  :sun:

Have a great weekend JKIII Community and may the force be with you all,

Blackwyrm 

Edited by Guest

Thanks Commander Awesome and Jeff, I truly appreciate you guys' support!

Responding to what you said Commander, I actually never stopped working on FM3RE haha there was just so much stuff left to do after I released the first beta that it took me awhile to put together the full beta that players can download now. I didn't want to upload patches every week with new modifications haha so I apologize for keeping some players in suspense.

The good news is that FM3RE v1.00 (the finalized module) will be released on http://phrgempire.com/ and PHRG's forums on 12/18

Hopefully, I can submit FM3RE to JKHub for review at that time as well  :sun:

Thanks again guys for your support and I hope that everyone enjoys the FM3RE Complete Beta  :D

May the force be with you all,

Blackwyrm

Just downloaded the mod. I love a lot of the ideas. I especially love the Yuuzahn Vong! Its fun fighting against multiple troops for duels. HK even when controlled by a bot is the proper bamf he deserves to be. Great selection of characters, not sure why they don't all show up when I'm cycling through the bots. Enjoy actually watching my enemies block force attacks. Some questions/issues I have;
1. Can I go into the files of skins I've downloaded and attach ranks to them? EX; I can't choose to select to fight Bane in a bot battle, if I use the skin I've downloaded, he'll appear with a gun. Also, can I adjust the settings on what force powers bots have? This one isn't a huge deal, I just don't like seeing Vader use force lightning. And can I choose pick what bots can be on the selection line? I was disappointed to not be able to choose to fight Boba Fett.  
2. Is there anyway I can reduce lightsaber damage? I think even if I'm fighting against a real person I'd be able to get just as many cheap wins. Because of how high the lightsaber damage is, all I have to do is put on force protect/dark rage, enter force speed, while using either green/purple lightsaber stance, and I rip through them like butter, unless they're duel wielding/double blade. Don't get me wrong, I love sudden death fighting, but I do like to have long drawn out duels as well, especially when I'm reenacting Malak Vs. Revan.

even with my issues, I'd say this is a good 7-8/10. Highly recommend.

Also, I can't do a battle with bots if any of the bots are droids/troopers, even HK47. I'm seeing why you have the lightsaber damage so high. I'd still like to turn it down for duels though, especially if I were to do a duel against a ranged fighter as they really stand no chance. FFA, definitely keep the high damage on that. Also, I like the balancing with the FFA, everyone seemed to have a fair chance at winning, whereas in Vanilla, a dark force wielder with duel blades always seemed to dominate, light side single blade always getting the lowest kills. With this mod, it seems to depend a lot on the map with who will be in the lead, even then it varies.

Thanks for the constructive feedback jaexer! Feedback such as this is the best sort of thing mod developers such as myself look for!

And I'm glad that you're enjoying FM3RE's extensive character selection! 

Unfortunately, I believe that the overall bot limit is set somewhere around 75, (I think there are about 63 in FM3RE). Also, there's a set limit to how many characters (bots) I can set per class (I believe 5). 

I would love to have FM3RE's entire character roster available as bots, that would be awesome haha

But alas, I'll do my best to answer your questions!

1. You can definitely use any of the skins you've downloaded and attach ranks and sizes to them!

First, drop the skin file into the FM3 Assets.pk3 (this is because the players folder in the FM3RE.pk3 is absolutely maxed out).

Second, edit the modelclass & modelscale.ini files to attach the proper ranks and sizes to them. Type the player folder name into the .ini files, they are in alphabetical order, this is so that the game knows where to pull the player model from.

Third, if you have any shaders or sounds attached to the model, be sure to drop those files into the proper sound & shaders folders (in the FM3RE.pk3).

Just to summarize, the player folder will be stored in the FM3 Assets.pk3, while all the other associated files will be stored in the FM3RE.pk3.

Fourth, just type the player folder name into the game console " ~ " and as long as your using the correct class which you assigned in the modelclass.ini file itself, you'll be good to go!

For example, if I wish to use the "blackwyrm_heart" skin which is located in the fm3assets.pk3, I would make sure that I was setup to use any of the sith classes and then I would enter the game console " ~ "

and type: model blackwyrm_heart

Then, I could join the game if I hadn't already joined.

Or, I could type model blackwyrm_heart/red or blue or battle so that I could use the other skins as well.

My apologies for players needing to go through all this hassle to use their personal skins, the reason behind this is because, as I said before, I absolutely maxed out the character roster for FM3RE haha  :D

Also, I sympathize with you when it comes to Vader using force lightning haha the only reason behind this is because he shares the same botfile as other sith who use force lightning.

These sith botfiles (as well as the others) were optimized by Pitchest Heart (PHRG's Leader) to be more competent foes in combat.

I too would like to face a mandalorian bot like Boba Fett in combat, however, I'm not sure if any mandalorian botfiles will work with the FM3 jetpack function and I wouldn't be sure where to start.

In regards to fighting Darth Bane as a bot, you can go into the botfile.txt and change one of the sith players to Darth Bane's player folder name. Simple edit!

2. Unfortunately, as is the same with other core FM3 issues, I cannot reduce lightsaber damage (such as the fact that Green cuts through everything).

The reason why is because abilities such as this are hard coded.

In developing our mods, my clan, PHRG, edits the FM3 soft code, which is pretty much everything you see in the .pk3 files.

We cannot, however, edit the FM3 hard code (which is pretty much the foundation of FM3). The only one with this ability would be Azymn, the creator of the ForceMod series.

Before Azymn's retirement from JKIII, he gave PHRG exclusive permission to continue his work in editing FM3, but we can only manipulate the soft code.

To better answer your question, we can edit variables such as weapon stats (artificial weapon damage), parry values, katas & animations, and the like.

I understand your concern about how high the lightsaber damage is, so I'll do my best in answering.

Looking at lightsaber combat from a different point of view, I believe that realistic lightsaber combat is one of FM3's key features which separates FM3 from other mods.

Having long drawn out duels in FM3 involves much more than just who can land the most lightsaber strikes. To have these long drawn out battles in FM3, a player will need to utilize the environment around them for acrobatics, use their wit, use their force powers if needed, and know the perfect time to strike a finishing blow, hopefully. Haha  :ph34r:

These encounters require strategy, as a lightsaber duelist would need to use for combat in the Star Wars universe.

Likewise, if one was to be faced with an inexperienced duelist, the encounter may be as simple as activating force speed and cleaving the opponent in 2 haha  :D

The ultimate goal behind FM3's realistic lightsaber combat is balance, for the same reasons you mentioned about vanilla JKIII lightsaber combat.

Balance is always difficult to achieve in any mod however, and there are different perspectives (as seen in various mods) for the best way in which to hit that balance.

Map choice will ultimately decide which classes are best for the player to use in FFA, which is why it's advised that players get to know a few classes if they want to end up on top more consistently  :sun:

I apologize for my responses to your questions being so lengthy haha I hope I answered them adequately.

Thanks again for the review, I really appreciate it!

May the force be with you,

Blackwyrm

With the troopers and droids though, it'll ctd before battle when its only 4 players, one as a droid/trooper, this includes assassin droids. Meanwhile its fine doing it in duels. So the bot limit of 75 doesn't seem to be the problem. Thanks for the answer, I don't mind a lengthy read.

I think he means "Crash to Desktop"

Thanks for clearing that up Jeff!

That's definitely an issue, I'll look into it. I'll have that cleared up by the weekend.

Thanks again for your support Jeff!

Blackwyrm

Just downloaded the mod. I love a lot of the ideas. I especially love the Yuuzahn Vong! Its fun fighting against multiple troops for duels. HK even when controlled by a bot is the proper bamf he deserves to be. Great selection of characters, not sure why they don't all show up when I'm cycling through the bots. Enjoy actually watching my enemies block force attacks. Some questions/issues I have;

1. Can I go into the files of skins I've downloaded and attach ranks to them? EX; I can't choose to select to fight Bane in a bot battle, if I use the skin I've downloaded, he'll appear with a gun. Also, can I adjust the settings on what force powers bots have? This one isn't a huge deal, I just don't like seeing Vader use force lightning. And can I choose pick what bots can be on the selection line? I was disappointed to not be able to choose to fight Boba Fett.  

2. Is there anyway I can reduce lightsaber damage? I think even if I'm fighting against a real person I'd be able to get just as many cheap wins. Because of how high the lightsaber damage is, all I have to do is put on force protect/dark rage, enter force speed, while using either green/purple lightsaber stance, and I rip through them like butter, unless they're duel wielding/double blade. Don't get me wrong, I love sudden death fighting, but I do like to have long drawn out duels as well, especially when I'm reenacting Malak Vs. Revan.

even with my issues, I'd say this is a good 7-8/10. Highly recommend.

I've got both Vader and Fett to work well these are the bots I use you'll just have to edit your botclasses.ini and modelclass.ini  to include them. Vader is set-up to grip only no lightning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8so5c6ykk8ibqnu/Darth%20Vader%20and%20Boba%20Fett.zip?dl=0

I've got both Vader and Fett to work well these are the bots I use you'll just have to edit your botclasses.ini and modelclass.ini  to include them. Vader is set-up to grip only no lightning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8so5c6ykk8ibqnu/Darth%20Vader%20and%20Boba%20Fett.zip?dl=0

I can definitely use the vader botfile you provided to set up a new botclass for him, as for Boba, does the file you provided work with the FM3 jetpack function?

If Boba works with the FM3 jetpack function, I will provide 5 mandalorian bots  :D

Thanks for the help Jeff! You will certainly be given recognition in the readme for your help  :sun:

Blackwyrm

I can definitely use the vader botfile you provided to set up a new botclass for him, as for Boba, does the file you provided work with the FM3 jetpack function?

If Boba works with the FM3 jetpack function, I will provide 5 mandalorian bots  :D

Thanks for the help Jeff! You will certainly be given recognition in the readme for your help  :sun:

Blackwyrm

Yeah Boba works with the jetpack. Just make sure you set his Bot class to mandalorian. If you need any help with anything just ask, I've played this mod for years and have made a lot of bots and other mods too it. I even got Space maps with Bots too work, but it's kind of buggy.

jaexer likes this

Beautiful, thanks for the help in this Jeff!

FM3RE players will have you to thank for the new bot additions, and your help is certainly welcome!

I'll keep in touch with you in messenger, until then, may the force be with you.

Blackwyrm

The problem was with the fm3server.cfg, shouldn't be an issue anymore  :D

For the sake of follow-up, 5 Mandalorian bots have been added to the game thanks to Jeff's input

Plus, since I've come to the understanding that HK-47 is such a fan favorite, I added another bot for him  :sun: The new bot is the "old" variant of HK when he collected quite a bit of dust

Darth Vader bot has been modified to better represent his character (using only the grip and saber throw abilities, no lightning)

Additionally, all Jedi/Sith botfiles have been modified. Those pesky Jedi bots will be much more fun to fight against since I removed their Mind Trick ability  :winkthumb:

But really, all of the Jedi/Sith bots will be much more enjoyable to play against with these recent edits

I am currently putting together the readme for FM3RE v1.00 and creating a droideka bot (no promises with this one)

Thank you guys for taking part in the FM3RE Complete Beta, your assistance is greatly appreciated  :D

As always, may the force be with you all

Blackwyrm

This is definitely the best ForceMod yet!  :winkthumb:  Some feedback:

• I think the Rebels would be better suited in the Hotshot class.
  • I think you should also add Leia to a Jedi class, since she becomes one in the EU.
  • I think the Tusken class should have the Tusken Rifle, not the Disrupter.
  • I suggest changing the name of the Royal Guard class to "Guardsman", since it fits more characters than just Imperial Guards.
  • Along the same lines, I suggest renaming the "Nogri Warrior" class to just "Warrior".
  • I think you should add Rax Joris to the Dark Trooper class so he can start out with his trademark Concussion Rifle.
  • Also, if it's at all possible, could you give the ARC trooper class proper DC-17 pistols?

Great news guys,

FM3RE's Final Beta Testing has finally come to a close as of yesterday evening! As far as I am concerned now, FM3RE is ready for its first full release  :sun:

** You guys can check out my full report for the FM3RE Beta Phase Completion here @ http://s10.zetaboards.com/PHRG_Empire/topic/7556480/1/#new **

I have already started working on putting together a readme for FM3RE and I will be sure to give you guys credit for all of your help in FM3RE's development!

Be sure to check by our website and forums tomorrow (12/18) for FM3RE v1.00, I'm sure you will all have a blast with it  :D 

Have a great weekend my friends and may the force be with you all. 

The force has awakened  :sun: 

Blackwyrm

This is definitely the best ForceMod yet!  :winkthumb:  Some feedback:

• I think the Rebels would be better suited in the Hotshot class.
  • I think you should also add Leia to a Jedi class, since she becomes one in the EU.
  • I think the Tusken class should have the Tusken Rifle, not the Disrupter.
  • I suggest changing the name of the Royal Guard class to "Guardsman", since it fits more characters than just Imperial Guards.
  • Along the same lines, I suggest renaming the "Nogri Warrior" class to just "Warrior".
  • I think you should add Rax Joris to the Dark Trooper class so he can start out with his trademark Concussion Rifle.
  • Also, if it's at all possible, could you give the ARC trooper class proper DC-17 pistols?

Thanks for the feedback Commander Awesome,

As you suggested, I also think that the Rebels would be better suited in the Hotshot class. So, I re-assigned the Rebel characters to the Hotshot class  :sun:

Also, thanks for the compliment haha it means a lot man. After over 2 years of development I would hope to have something to show for it haha :D

In response to your other points,

I really considered adding Leia to the Jedi class, especially when I was initially working on implementing and assigning classes to models for FM3RE, but the models I use for Leia currently are from her depiction in the movies exclusively when she hadn't become a Jedi as of yet. However, I'm not ruling out the possibility that another Leia skin could be assigned to the Jedi Class in the future.

With the release of Ep.VII, everything is up in the air haha  :winkthumb:

I agree with your points on changing the weapons for the Tusken and ARC Trooper classes, these modifications would be great additions to FM3RE! While these modifications will not be included in FM3RE v1.00, I have already planned for them to be implemented in FM3RE v1.01

After FM3RE is released tomorrow, players can look forward to modifications such as these to be coming in the near future  :winkthumb:

Unfortunately, as I said awhile back, many of the more core issues within FM3 (such as class names & descriptions) are hard coded. Thus, I cannot rename classes or alter their descriptions.

Because of this restriction, I do my best in assigning certain characters to the class they are best suited for even though the class name may not necessarily fit the character.

The game may not be perfect in all its aspects, but I can certainly make it better  :D

In regard to Rax Joris in the Dark Trooper class, I actually had him assigned to the Darktrooper class during the first few months of FM3RE's development haha but unfortunately I had to remove him because of space restrictions with other more popular characters.

However, you can still access his character from the console (since he is included in the FM3assets.pk3) and I will make sure that he is assigned to the Darktrooper class :winkthumb:  

I hope I replied to your feedback adequately enough, thanks again for your support man I really appreciate it!

Be sure to check by our website and forums tomorrow (12/18) for FM3RE v1.00, and may the force be with you.

Blackwyrm

Sorry to keep you waiting my friends, ForceMod III - Return of The Emperor v1.00 has finally arrived.

I'm uploading FM3RE to JKHub tomorrow at noon, but until then, here is the link to the page where you can attain FM3RE v1.00:

**LINK REMOVED - PLEASE CHECK FM3RE v2.00 POST**

Be sure to check out the readme  :sun:

Have a great weekend JKIII Community and may the force be with you all,

Blackwyrm

Edited by Guest