Sound problems

Hiya,

I've been having some problems with my Darth Celist model. I can't seem to get the taunts to work in game and I have no idea why it isn't working. If someone could help me fix this, I would be forever thankful! 

Also, if you could explain what I have done wrong so that I may prevent this issue in the future, that would be great!

Thanks.

(Sounds are attached and link to skin is below)

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1953-darth-celist/

https://www.mediafire.com/?633apj8mpt1wzwa

mmm i check the pk3. try to copy the taunt.mp3 file and rename it in taunt3.mp3 file

taunt3 is missing. the sounds of anger, taunt, combat, death, victory should ever by on groups of three. (anger1,2,3 ; taunt1,2,3

choke1,2,3 etc )

the issue is that you not hear all the taunts sounds? are you checked the consolle if you see some strange warning of error about these files?

(they must be sampled at 44100 hertz for works)

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is that when I am in game, the skin's taunts are default rather than the taunts I have put into the skin. Not sure why this is happening.

Ah so the taunt sound files are not replace by your new files, right?

this can happened if they are of different audio format by the original. if you did wav files, and original are mp3. they are not replaced.

Optimal format specs for character audio in JKA are: MPEG Layer 3 (MP3), Mono, 44.1 kHz, 128 kbps.

The key here being mono channel and at 44.1 kHz. The game accepts WAV files as well, as far as I know, as long as the audio is within these specs. But MP3 has a smaller file size for roughly the same quality, which compliments the download time for your mod.

Also, make sure that your character has a "sounds.cfg" file in "models/players/yourcharacter/", and that you've placed your audio files in a folder (corresponding to the name given in the "sounds.cfg" file) in "sound/chars/yourcharacter/misc/".

Asgarath83 likes this