Staff base

Go to solution Solved by AshuraDX,

Sabers aren't in MD3. They're GLM only.

Obviously... Not sure if you're trying to make a joke here or something? The tags etc work still in md3, it just doesn't work in-game of course... Which is why you simply convert the md3 to glm using gmax and md3view...

weapons2/saber/saber_w.md3 for example is a base for you to line up with your own saber correctly... I'm simply asking for a staff version of that so I know the position of the staff, as well as the tag positions...  I've done over 10 something normal sabers flawlessly by now so I think I know what I'm talking about...

• Solution

the staff is nothing different than a regular saber hilt , just duplicate the tag_blade, name it tag_blade2, rotate it and put it on the other end of the saber

something to keep in mind is that the middle of your staff hilt (aslong as it's a "regular" staff saber and not a pike of sorts) should be aligned to the origin (0|0|0) of your grid in gmax

if that isn't enough explanation I might be able to dig a old staff model I made up

EDIT :

here you go

Darth-Vainglory™ likes this

the staff is nothing different than a regular saber hilt , just duplicate the tag_blade, name it tag_blade2, rotate it and put it on the other end of the saber

something to keep in mind is that the middle of your staff hilt (aslong as it's a "regular" staff saber and not a pike of sorts) should be aligned to the origin (0|0|0) of your grid in gmax

if that isn't enough explanation I might be able to dig a old staff model I made up

EDIT :

here you go

Thanks.

Obviously... Not sure if you're trying to make a joke here or something? The tags etc work still in md3, it just doesn't work in-game of course... Which is why you simply convert the md3 to glm using gmax and md3view...

weapons2/saber/saber_w.md3 for example is a base for you to line up with your own saber correctly... I'm simply asking for a staff version of that so I know the position of the staff, as well as the tag positions...  I've done over 10 something normal sabers flawlessly by now so I think I know what I'm talking about...

Jesus. Chill your tits. If all else fails, use the GLM itself as a guideline. (Look at it in ModView...)

And no, @@Ramikad, they aren't used. They're loaded by the game but discarded.

Jesus. Chill your tits. If all else fails, use the GLM itself as a guideline. (Look at it in ModView...)

And no, @@Ramikad, they aren't used. They're loaded by the game but discarded.

Eh? I'm chill. I guess I might seem easily annoyed though, understandable because I came from a community filled with the most stupidest kids beyond your imagination, as a result from the years of exposure to stupidity I automatically react as if in response to them... It was an experience that left me to question life itself... Many calm people I knew literally went insane from exposure to such stupidity... To make it worse they were all Naruto weeboos, who tried acting edgy and rp'd all the time... They even called every in-game attack "Sharingan" something... They also thought they were "l33t uber haxers that can alter main frames" and that they could "explode" my computer any time, yeah... And even though I left that community they still spam my inbox with dumb questions now and then... Anyway, I've gone too offtopic.