Bugs, Problems, Features, etc.

Merek

I really enjoy using JA++ but there are some problems with it:

I've noticed that when anyone uses the amghost command (whether it to ghost yourself into it or be visible again) the admin messages/strings are opposite of each other. (Ex. You enter amghost (you're invisible) and the printed message tells you everyone can see you. The same thing happens when you become visible, the message tells you that you can't be seen.)

What's with the weird underline in the chat when a link/url is posted? It doesn't even underline the whole url it's like in the middle of the message. (Ex. When using the AutoMessage plugin to display a message saying something along the lines of "visit us online @ http://thissite.org" instead, the message comes out looking like: "visit us online @ http://thissite.org")

There is an issue with the admin strings. When a command is executed (i.e. ammerc) the message appears as normal but all the other admins see the messages too. I've read that this issue has been marked as fix, but it's clearly still an issue.

I've noticed an unusual amount of 1-hit kill  bugs in saber combat. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but the MoTD (Message of the Day) displays to everyone including spectators at the same time instead of appearing to the player when they enter the game.

Finally, I can't seem to get players to instantly join the game. Players automatically are spectators upon connecting. Any way to get them to instantly join the game?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  :)

I've noticed that when anyone uses the amghost command (whether it to ghost yourself into it or be visible again) the admin messages/strings are opposite of each other. (Ex. You enter amghost (you're invisible) and the printed message tells you everyone can see you. The same thing happens when you become visible, the message tells you that you can't be seen.)

Fixed, was a simple case of those strings being used in reverse.

What's with the weird underline in the chat when a link/url is posted? It doesn't even underline the whole url it's like in the middle of the message. (Ex. When using the AutoMessage plugin to display a message saying something along the lines of "visit us online @ http://thissite.org" instead, the message comes out looking like: "visit us online @ http://thissite.org")

Mmm, unfortunately there are some font alignment issues. It works without r_aspectCorrectFonts. You can click them and it should open in your default browser.

There is an issue with the admin strings. When a command is executed (i.e. ammerc) the message appears as normal but all the other admins see the messages too. I've read that this issue has been marked as fix, but it's clearly still an issue.

I blame EpicLoyd :> I will have this properly fixed by tonight, currently rewriting that code.

I've noticed an unusual amount of 1-hit kill bugs in saber combat. Is there any way to fix this?

There are many cvars controlling behaviour of the saber system.

If you're using d_saberSPStyleDamage, the default sv_fps of 40 in OpenJK will result in a lot of damage.

These cvars control saber damage and collisions:

g_g2TraceLod
g_locationBasedDamage
g_saberBladeFaces
g_saberDamageScale
g_saberDmgDelay_Idle
g_saberDmgDelay_Wound
g_saberRealisticCombat
g_saberTraceSaberFirst
g_saberWallDamageScale

d_saberAlwaysBoxTrace
d_saberBoxTraceSize
d_saberGhoul2Collision
d_saberInterpolate

japp_saberIdleDamage
japp_saberBlockChanceMax
japp_saberBlockChanceMin
japp_saberBlockChanceScale
japp_saberBlockStanceParity
japp_saberTweaks (any combination of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128)

sv_fps

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not but the MoTD (Message of the Day) displays to everyone including spectators at the same time instead of appearing to the player when they enter the game.

Well, that seems fine.

Finally, I can't seem to get players to instantly join the game. Players automatically are spectators upon connecting. Any way to get them to instantly join the game?

set g_teamAutoJoin 2

Give it a day or two before the builds are updated.

Merek and Smoo like this
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

what about add some features from Sil's SMod (https://sites.google.com/site/silsjka/)?

For example:
- joining screen - when you join to server, you see basic information about server, like servername, gametype, pure or not, saber-only etc. ... in SMod is fixed font for this... for example... you join to the server with name K¥p's JA++ without SMod and you see Kp's JA++... with SMod you see K¥p's JA++

- cg_speedometer - but with better graphics, in SMod is realized like lagometer, graph with number
- for me personally, scoreboard in SMod looks nicer then newScoreBoard in JA++

Next, I think in classic JA+ is better done grapple hook. Better animation and functionality is too little bit better for me. With animation I mean grap at the end of rope, with functionality I mean aplication of cvar jp_hookFloodProtect. I think it's good cvar and I set it everytime.

Also kick with melee is different on JA++. Is missing "oblique" kick. When you hold W+D or W+A and click MOUSE2 (with melee and g_debugmelee >= 1), you do kick to the left or right. In JA+ you do forward spin kick, kick to the forward (ahead) with animation of spin to the left or right and enemy is knocking down with nice animation. I think this is "logical" (and little cool O:) :D).

Everything of that is more or less my subjective view/opinion. If anyone has got different opinion, I get it :).

@@Raz0r, I've got one pk3 file which if I place it to the base folder, JA++ won't run. It shutdowning, everytime (with fs_game japlus... on Windows, Linux I don't test...). Do you want to upload here this pk3 for research why this is happing? It is model of customizable reborn (RGBReborn.pk3).