Teleporting using Icarus

Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

Hello there JKHub.

I need your help with Icarus scripting. I am trying to teleport a player using mentioned scripting, but so far I am failing at it.
The idea is that, player spawns inside a trigger_multiple which automatically triggers a target_scriptrunner which executes an Icarus script that teleports player to certain locations based on his SET_PARM1 (that he can manage across the map).

This is how the trigger_multiple's syntax looks like

spawntrigg.jpg

This is how the target_scriprunner's syntax looks like

teleportsc.jpg

This is the code of the script itself (implying SET_PARM1 is 0 unless set otherwise)

if ( $get( FLOAT, "SET_PARM1" ) = 0.000000$ )
{
	use ( "tele_start" );
}
else (  )
{
	if ( $get( FLOAT, "SET_PARM1" ) = 1.000000$ )
	{
		use ( "tele_1" );
	}
	else (  )
	{
		use ( "tele_2" );
	}
}

The use functions should than teleport player to a target_position that is placed somewhere on the map. It's syntax looks like this.

targetposi.jpg

Any ideas what am I doing wrong? All kinds of help is appreciated

EDIT: Oops, just realized I posted this into the wrong forum section. Sorry about that. Could you please move it for me if possible?

I moved the thread to the right section.

Numerous things:

• When using an entity, you supply its targetname, not its script_targetname; the latter is for running scripts on entities, but if I remember correctly use takes the targetname.
  • Just an optimization: you can have strings as parms and then get those as the use targets
  • And generally you don't teleport people by using a target position (or at least I never heard of that method); you want to set SET_ORIGIN to the origin of the desired target_position. I can go into more detail later, I don't currently have access to the modding tools.
Vartex likes this

I moved the thread to the right section.

Numerous things:

• When using an entity, you supply its targetname, not its script_targetname; the latter is for running scripts on entities, but if I remember correctly use takes the targetname.
  • Just an optimization: you can have strings as parms and then get those as the use targets
  • And generally you don't teleport people by using a target position (or at least I never heard of that method); you want to set SET_ORIGIN to the origin of the desired target_position. I can go into more detail later, I don't currently have access to the modding tools.

Thanks for your help, although for some reason I can't seem to manage to teleport the player using SET_ORIGIN. I can work with SET_ANGLE without any problem, but SET_ORIGIN just won't teleport the player. Any idea what's wrong?

The syntax would be

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ORIGIN", < -584.000 -168.000 80.000 > );

• Solution

I've certainly successfully used SET_ORIGIN in singleplayer before... looked like this:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ORIGIN", $tag( "cin1_cam1", ORIGIN)$ );
Icarus also provides some other ways of setting the origin; I found these:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ORIGIN", $tag( "my_ref_tag", ORIGIN)$ );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_TELEPORT_DEST", $tag( "my_ref_tag", ORIGIN)$ );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_COPY_ORIGIN", "my_target_position" );
You could also try using a target_teleport.

Are you doing this in MP or SP? I may be able to put together an example map.

Vartex and Asgarath83 like this

I've certainly successfully used SET_ORIGIN in singleplayer before... looked like this:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ORIGIN", $tag( "cin1_cam1", ORIGIN)$ );
Icarus also provides some other ways of setting the origin; I found these:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ORIGIN", $tag( "my_ref_tag", ORIGIN)$ );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_TELEPORT_DEST", $tag( "my_ref_tag", ORIGIN)$ );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_COPY_ORIGIN", "my_target_position" );
You could also try using a target_teleport.

Are you doing this in MP or SP? I may be able to put together an example map.

Thank you again. And I am working on MP map. I would really appreciate if you could create an example map for me ^^

EDIT: target_teleport seems to be only working option in MP. I managed to get the script working the way I wanted, you don't need to create the example map for me (unless you want to of couse). Thank you a lot for your help, I would be figuring this out for ages if it weren't for you, really appreciate it.