Winter is upon us. What game is on the top of your wishlist?

eezstreet

Latest Poll  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you want the most?

• Fallout 4
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
    • Warhammer: End Times: Vermintide
    • Halo 5
    • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    • Downwell
    • Rock Band 4 / Guitar Hero: Live
    • Other

I have included some of a few recent, popular releases. Choose which one you would like to see as a stocking stuffer this Christmas!

Note that I am inclined to change the answers this time around. I am mostly interested in seeing what everyone thinks!

Is it odd that I am not expecting any new game at all? There's a lot of things in modern gaming that made games as a whole lost appeal to me. I'd rather keep playing Jedi Academy and Battlefront I with friends, than be hyped for some new product. 

Morabis likes this

I'm excited about almost all of those games, so I wish I could choose multiple answers. But I think  I'm most excited for Fallout 4. I love the Fallout series, and this one looks epic.

Others I'm pumped for are Black Ops III, Battlefront, Halo 5!

I already have AC: Syndicatee. It's great so far. Lots of fixes that were preset in Unity, and the main characters are pretty cool.

Pretty sure most of you people would hate any kind of JK4, because it would be much different than JKA. I would actually be scared for potential boycotts from this community if a JK4 came out.

JK3* should be different but also should have common points. I can't imagine JK3 without strafe jump(mp) or "free style" lightsabers. Tbh it would be hard to not hate JK3 because JKA engine and its own gameplay.

eezstreet likes this

There's no way they'd use the same engine as JKA. That thing is over 10 years out of date.

I'm sure it would be very similar to JKA but very different as well. I'd personally love it I'm sure but many JKA loyalists would be up in arms and shun it, most likely.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else but I found FO4 very dull and boring, Fallout New Vegas felt much more enjoyable for some reason.

New Vegas is made more in the style of the older Fallout games. It has a lot more roleplaying to it and better writing/story than Fallout 4. I haven't actually played New Vegas that much myself but this is what I've heard. If your more into story and roleplaying that's probably why. In terms of pure gameplay however Fallout 4 is a lot better. Guns feel much more realistic and the graphics are better, etc.

Personally I actually prefer Skyrim, despite it being a different game series. Ever since Bethesda took over the Fallout license you might as well call Fallout 4 "Skyrim with guns." The games are very similar.

I haven't played Fallout 4 yet, but I've heard all good things. New Vegas was too buggy for me to ever finish (I guess there was a major hole in the quest line and I did something that made the game impossible to progress), and I wasn't a fan of it anyway. I loved Fallout 3 though. I'm pumped for 4! I think this site is the first place I've heard bad things, which shouldn't surprise me one bit, I suppose.