The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

So i got all 6 regular sabers fully animated now just like the movie, and redid the color scheme for Kylo's saber line to be more accurate to the movie and give the edge more detail. After looking through the screencaps of all the clear shots of the blade in relatively normal lighting here's the result and some of the caps i was referencing

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-4234.jpg

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-9026.jpg

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-13273.jpg

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-13780.jpg

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-13774.jpg

shot0049_zps2g0o8v4i.jpg

shot0059_zps2fg6wh58.jpg

Aside from that i've been working on the saber flesh impact and blaster deflection effects which i wasn't originally planning on doing, as there's only one frame with a good example of a blaster deflection with a saber. The downside to this is it seems to be red due to the blaster shot and saber being red, so it's a bit out of place when blocking a blue or green shot with a non-red saber for instance. Anyways i want to get an idea if any other people would want to see this deflection effect in-game or not

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-9054.jpg

i would want that deflect effect, but without all the red due to how either the color is because of kylos blade or the blaster pistol shot by rey

There's really not much else to it but the small flare and a bunch of sparks, i made it the other day though and it's actually grown on me quite a bit. A majority of npc's in the game are shooting red blaster bolts anyways so it's usually pretty accurate with any saber blade, just  mainly wondering if most people would actually recognize it as one of the movie effects since it was only one brief scene. If not i'll probably just not include a deflection effect since my priority with this mod is accuracy more then anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, please do.  That's why I was making it.  Warning, when you add the weapon then it will probably shoot the flame effect backwards so you need to copy the code from boba's flame and reverse it.  But damage works fine either way.  Also, I haven't made any code to make npcs hold down fire so they just shoot tiny fire balls.  Might need to look in to that.  haha.

Whats the progress of the mod? What is the end product gonna even be? Ep. 7 missions in the game? Or just player skins changing in the JKA story???

If its just skins that is kinda lame. I hope that there is a mod that releases like MovieDuels2 did with the original trilogy. All the key moments of the films re-playable in JKA.

No matter what the end version is, it will be awesome. With all due respect, if someome doesn't like the end product, that's fine, everybody has their preferences, we can't all agree all the time and that's part of life. But IMHO, calling lame the hard work and time others are investing on this so we can enjoy it, I find it a little bit disrespectful.

I am just thankful for the people that make these amazing mods that allows us to enjoy this game in new (or different) ways.

Darth Sion likes this

Whats the progress of the mod? What is the end product gonna even be? Ep. 7 missions in the game? Or just player skins changing in the JKA story???

If its just skins that is kinda lame. I hope that there is a mod that releases like MovieDuels2 did with the original trilogy. All the key moments of the films re-playable in JKA.

Just search for it,i wrote it many times :P;)

But ookay

So

1.0 will replace models ,the music, it will be some recreated map, new weapon models, New menu and etc.

2.0 will add some tfa mission From the movie and give some bonus mission for the original game, like dagobah and a tfa styled dark side ending. It will some challenge map too like

Jakku jumping

Thats all yet

yeyo JK likes this

Just based off the episode 7 models on this sight, I'm sure it'll look great.  But yeah, I'm excited for that too.

site*

Learn to read the original post, if you're unsure about it, before you start coming on here and bashing people's hard work.

Stop being a wanker

Haha.  Yeah.  site.  My bad.  But yeah, I'm super excited to see a Dagobah map.  And Flucia for that matter.  But both will likely not be able to have too many characters on screen.  I wish someone would make some crazy cool revamp and make the game able to handle more characters and models without slow down.  Hell I once crashed the game on a huge level just by placing too many weapons and items to be picked up.  It would be great to be able to do the battle of Geonosis or something with 100+ characters without the game running at 10fps.  But I don't know where someone would even have to start to rework something like that.  

Jeff likes this

Been distracted with other things lately but i've been working on the Kylo ren's blade some more when i can. I've been indecisive about how i want to do the detail on the final product, made a few different versions of it but i've narrowed it down to my original design which was a bit more simple but looked accurate to the mid-range/distance scenes of his saber, or a newer version with more detail. Namely the pinkish/white core layer around the edge seen in a number of closeup shots. Anyway let me know what ya'll think about this version compared to my earlier ones (keep in mind in game it will be fully animated).

shot0003_zpsfqe8qxsp.jpg

shot0017_zpsghdwecja.jpg

Been distracted with other things lately but i've been working on the Kylo ren's blade some more when i can. I've been indecisive about how i want to do the detail on the final product, made a few different versions of it but i've narrowed it down to my original design which was a bit more simple but looked accurate to the mid-range/distance scenes of his saber, or a newer version with more detail. Namely the pinkish/white core layer around the edge seen in a number of closeup shots. Anyway let me know what ya'll think about this version compared to my earlier ones (keep in mind in game it will be fully animated).

shot0003_zpsfqe8qxsp.jpg

shot0017_zpsghdwecja.jpg

hmm a bit weird 4 me don't know why... :)

shot0003_zpsfqe8qxsp.jpg

shot0017_zpsghdwecja.jpg

I think the pure white center needs to be a bit wider compared to the red fade.

GPChannel likes this