The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

Thanks :) , unfortunately the lighting doesn't appear on models like in the movies, just the floor and walls assuming you're right next to the wall. The only light that can be added to sabers through .efx files is more of that floor/wall light for saber clashes/blocks etc but i'll look into it, i'm sure more could be done with code modding like the expanded glow radius i've seen in some mods that's pretty awesome looking. I'd be able to make much more accurate blades if i could just trim those top and bottom glow sections hehe.

<3 Thanks, i've got another side project i've been working on as well if anyone wants to check it out. Revamped vanilla blades..basically without changing the shape of the base game blades i brought them up to a very high resolution and redid all the other aspects to make them more crisp and saber'ish, fixed the height of the trails so they actually line up with the blades etc. Anyways i did some tweaking to the other TFA blade colors similar to the blue one, the green and purple blades look more like it now but the orange and yellow are just a bit more color saturated.

shot0012_zpsjatcfonm.jpg

shot0016_zpsnnnomfc1.jpg

They look Awesome! I kind of like better the blades on the previous screenshot (green and purple looks crispier). Are any of these blades available for download?

Yeah the cores are a bit to thin with the added core saturation. I've found different blade colors require completely different adjustments alot of the time haha, you can do all kinds of stuff to the blue blade and it will look alright but red and green will turn into icecream sandwiches very easily when adding coloration to them. I haven't submitted them yet but i will once i'm sure there's nothing else i wanna adjust on them and am satisfied with the clash effect, shouldn't take to long.

The Punisher likes this

Almost as good as Episode 3's pointy blades but it needs a normal red and an unstable version.

Go back a few pages and i have detailed screenshots of the unstable blade, i've also made a regular red one for the TFA blade set but haven't posted any screenshots of it. If you like Episode III blades though i'll be releasing those soon along with saber effects and trails like the ones in the movie (as much as trails can be like the movies in the base game anyhow). Here's a sneak peak at the red and blue from the EpIII set

ep3_zpssjxzimvy.jpg

@@Seven not yet as i didn't really think a ton of people would be that interested in blades as much as hilts and models etc, But i suppose i could make one.

Go back a few pages and i have detailed screenshots of the unstable blade, i've also made a regular red one for the TFA blade set but haven't posted any screenshots of it. If you like Episode III blades though i'll be releasing those soon along with saber effects and trails like the ones in the movie (as much as trails can be like the movies in the base game anyhow). Here's a sneak peak at the red and blue from the EpIII set

ep3_zpssjxzimvy.jpg

dear god, those look more accurate to the episode 3 blades than even the ep 3 blades currently on the hub

dear god, those look more accurate to the episode 3 blades than even the ep 3 blades currently on the hub

There's been a number of prequel blades over the years but they've pretty much all been just plain white lines with no detail, which isn't necessarily bad but there's no real variation but the hue/brightness of the glow and the shape of the white line. That and the blades with coloration around the line usually have it to bright and saturated so it's rendered looking solid rather then glowy (what i call the icecream sandwich effect). I just figured that people have done such crazy amazing work with hilts and textures for this game, saber blades deserve more TLC. If you like these though Darth Sion deserves some credit for requesting them hehe..Gonna try to do some really accurate Rebels blades after i finish up these and the other two sets unless someone has a more interesting request.

Darth Sion and The Punisher like this

There's been a number of prequel blades over the years but they've pretty much all been just plain white lines with no detail, which isn't necessarily bad but there's no real variation but the hue/brightness of the glow and the shape of the white line. That and the blades with coloration around the line usually have it to bright and saturated so it's rendered looking solid rather then glowy (what i call the icecream sandwich effect). I just figured that people have done such crazy amazing work with hilts and textures for this game, saber blades deserve more TLC. If you like these though Darth Sion deserves some credit for requesting them hehe..Gonna try to do some really accurate Rebels blades after i finish up these and the other two sets unless someone has a more interesting request.

That'd be me ;-) I also pulled the images and video clips up, to help with said mod, but all the hard work has been done by @@kalamaray. As I said before, I honestly couldn't see myself going anywhere else for my saber mods. Major props to you, kala.. For your creative eye and talent.

I've just now been making some adjustments to the blue saber after finding a really awesome star wars movie screencap archive yesterday that has just about every scene, so i might do a bit more work on the other colors similar to the blue one but here's what they look like now with links to comparison screencaps for the first two blue blade pictures. Since i already posted kylo's saber earlier in the thread i'll post some new ones of it when i make some adjustments i plan on doing.

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-13823.jpg

http://caps.pictures/201/5-starwars-force/full/sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-13389.jpg

shot0020_zpstuypbfe6.jpg

shot0034_zpsrqrzvfeh.jpg

shot0028_zpsujktau9b.jpg

shot0040_zpsm8blu75g.jpg

shot0044_zpsj44sbcil.jpg

shot0053_zpskcmukhxj.jpg

I like how the tip of the green blade looks veridian, and the yellow blade looks like in Kotor :)

I like how the tip of the green blade looks veridian, and the yellow blade looks like in Kotor :)

The tip being a different shade was actually unintentional. No amount of color on the blade jpeg would make the core of the blue saber pop and contrast like in the the movie (TFA), so i came up with the idea to blend a different or lighter hue of the main color into the center of the glow. I used that concept to make up what the other saber blades might look like if they were in TFA..Hopefully they have some other saber colors in the next movie and i can see if i was anywhere close to guessing how they'd look haha.

@@Darth Sion  :wub: Speaking of pics i meant to share this site i found the other day for anyone who doesn't know about it and needs some good reference material. Whoever did this took screenshots of pretty much every scene in every Star Wars movie and it's awesome http://starwarsscreencaps.com/all-galleries/

The tip being a different shade was actually unintentional. No amount of color on the blade jpeg would make the core of the blue saber pop and contrast like in the the movie (TFA), so i came up with the idea to blend a different or lighter hue of the main color into the center of the glow. I used that concept to make up what the other saber blades might look like if they were in TFA..Hopefully they have some other saber colors in the next movie and i can see if i was anywhere close to guessing how they'd look haha.

@@Darth Sion  :wub: Speaking of pics i meant to share this site i found the other day for anyone who doesn't know about it and needs some good reference material. Whoever did this took screenshots of pretty much every scene in every Star Wars movie and it's awesome http://starwarsscreencaps.com/all-galleries/

That site could actually prove VERY useful, for anyone looking to do any sort of new content based on the movies. Nice find, @@kalamaray:winkthumb:

The Punisher likes this