The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

I've just now been looking through the threads around here, but if you like i can make some blades for the regular sabers. I've been spending most of my free time the last month or more figuring out the intricacies of how to replicate the core glows/vibrant look of saber blades and have nothing going on atm. Made some real quick adjustments to the blue blade/glow from one of my recent releases for an example.

On a side note i just realized there's dvd quality scenes of the saber battle in TFA around now, i can finally get a clear look at the saber clash effects in detail. So i'd be happy to contribute those as well when finished as i'll probably be doing a TFA saber effects/blade package regardless for the fun/challenge of it.

shot0018_zpsvxq1uf8t.jpg

shot0001_zpsqcegttcs.jpg

swegmaster and Darth Sion like this

I've just now been looking through the threads around here, but if you like i can make some blades for the regular sabers. I've been spending most of my free time the last month or more figuring out the intricacies of how to replicate the core glows/vibrant look of saber blades and have nothing going on atm. Made some real quick adjustments to the blue blade/glow from one of my recent releases for an example.

On a side note i just realized there's dvd quality scenes of the saber battle in TFA around now, i can finally get a clear look at the saber clash effects in detail. So i'd be happy to contribute those as well when finished as i'll probably be doing a TFA saber effects/blade package regardless for the fun/challenge of it.

shot0018_zpsvxq1uf8t.jpg

shot0001_zpsqcegttcs.jpg

That would be awesome!! @@GPChannel, if there's anyone out there you can put your faith in, as far as sabers go.. It's this guy!

GPChannel likes this

Okay :)

If he want i trust him :)

And i hope with some help i can upload the tfa music part to download.

I dont know why but jkhub always delete it :(

is it under 50 mb? or are you using an actual download link and putting it on jkhub downloads? or is it being rejected and not approved by a moderator?

@Sion  Thanks for the vote of confidence :D

I played with making the blue blade brighter to match up with how it looked in brighter lighting during the battle of Takodana when he's fighting the stormtrooper, Some early flares/clash effects i've made so far are also turning out better then i expected.

shot0008_zpsmugabnvc.jpg

exellent work. Can you create that collor when finn fought with kylo?
Darth Sion likes this

exellent work. Can you create that collor when finn fought with kylo?

The lighting in that scene really dark and blue so it made his blade look darker blue, the closest to that lighting in JKA is probably the level with Boba Fett or the JA demo but my main goal is that it looks the same as it does in both scenes in darker/lighter levels of the game, i've only edited it a tiny bit so far so it shouldn't be to hard to get the right look.

Also if you have a Kylo Ren saber blade already i could do some color and shading work on it to recreate the movie look if you like. I can try recreating the shape myself but without being able to make it move around like his i'm not sure i'd be able to make a better blade line shape then ones already out there.

Ok i tried some ideas and roughed up the edges of the red blade from my tapered blades using some smudging and warping. After looking over the other Ren blades floating around again i'm actually really pleased with how this turned out compared to the movie, still making some adjustments to it though.

shot0038_zpsaerb7tfy.jpg

kylo_zpsq0pxhvwg.jpg

shot0007_zpspulreuru.jpg

Hey guys is this mod posted anywhere else? Is there a FB page for example where I can keep up to date on a daily basis? :)

Hello :)

No we dont have any fb Page for this mod. But you can follow this mod in here Jkhub :)

The lighting in that scene really dark and blue so it made his blade look darker blue, the closest to that lighting in JKA is probably the level with Boba Fett or the JA demo but my main goal is that it looks the same as it does in both scenes in darker/lighter levels of the game, i've only edited it a tiny bit so far so it shouldn't be to hard to get the right look.

Also if you have a Kylo Ren saber blade already i could do some color and shading work on it to recreate the movie look if you like. I can try recreating the shape myself but without being able to make it move around like his i'm not sure i'd be able to make a better blade line shape then ones already out there.

Ok i tried some ideas and roughed up the edges of the red blade from my tapered blades using some smudging and warping. After looking over the other Ren blades floating around again i'm actually really pleased with how this turned out compared to the movie, still making some adjustments to it though.

shot0038_zpsaerb7tfy.jpg

kylo_zpsq0pxhvwg.jpg

shot0007_zpspulreuru.jpg

Not bad like it :)
Darth Sion likes this

@@kalamaray Wow dude! The blade itself looks awesome! But I'd say that the vents on the side (that makes it a Cross-guard) could use some improvement. But I really like this! The colour and the actual blade isn't as intense as Darth Martyr's version. So props to you on that! BIG admirer of your Saber blades work!! :D Also, is there any chance of you releasing that Kylo Ren blade when you've finished it? I'd love to replace that one with the current one I'm using..

We really need @@lervish's Kylo Ren model  :(

swegmaster likes this

yeah, i want the new kylo ren model, i can't get it to work in vanilla ja, due to it having no default skin file  :o, also, i've looked in the tfa visual dictionary, and i noticed the kylo ren blades had a bit of yellow between the white and red parts of the blade

Sorry if I sound ignorant here but will this be like the Movie Duels 2 conversion where you play key parts from the movies? Or will this just change the base game models and textures etc?

Thanks! :)

That's an interesting question, actually.. I think it's just to change the base game content, so that there isn't so many breaks in the gameplay and you're not jumping through menu's at every touch and turn, as you would if it was done like Movie Duels 2.

Having said that, someone needs to do a new, updated "Movie Duels 2", that includes all the original content, but just has SFX sabers included. You could probably do the Original Trilogy, too.. Aswell as the Prequel Trilogy and with this included, make the last part of the mod from "The Force Awakens".

TheWhitePhoenix and Rilobax12 like this

That's an interesting question, actually.. I think it's just to change the base game content, so that there isn't so many breaks in the gameplay and you're not jumping through menu's at every touch and turn, as you would if it was done like Movie Duels 2.

Having said that, someone needs to do a new, updated "Movie Duels 2", that includes all the original content, but just has SFX sabers included. You could probably do the Original Trilogy, too.. Aswell as the Prequel Trilogy and with this included, make the last part of the mod from "The Force Awakens".

I've been replacing models and effects in that mod, including the sabers. I have no permissions or anything though, so its a personal mod atm.

TheWhitePhoenix and Darth Sion like this

just have someone make a version of this mod with jedi academy enhanced support :)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Yes the guy who made Movie Duels 2 was actually working on a sequel to the conversion based on the original trilogy, he got quiet far in development and has a playable demo online but he discontinued it unfortunately, it happened to a LOT of mods sadly when Disney acquired the rights, I aren't sure why (something copyright potential probably).

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see someone do what he did but for TFA. If you guys did it that would be epic but obviously the current focus is most important which seems to be that you will just be altering models and scenes but building off the base game.

If you ever decide to make a TFA type of conversion that allows you to play key moments from the film, let me know and I would gladly help out best I can! :)

Hey Darth Sion! I just realised you are the guy who made the mods to the Music etc. I was wondering if it was possible if you could perhaps make a mod to change the default screen scrawl intro music (the STAR WARS THEME) with John Williams' new version for Episode 7? 

Thanks man, big fan of your stuff! :)

Yes the guy who made Movie Duels 2 was actually working on a sequel to the conversion based on the original trilogy, he got quiet far in development and has a playable demo online but he discontinued it unfortunately, it happened to a LOT of mods sadly when Disney acquired the rights, I aren't sure why (something copyright potential probably).

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see someone do what he did but for TFA. If you guys did it that would be epic but obviously the current focus is most important which seems to be that you will just be altering models and scenes but building off the base game.

If you ever decide to make a TFA type of conversion that allows you to play key moments from the film, let me know and I would gladly help out best I can! :)

Hey Darth Sion! I just realised you are the guy who made the mods to the Music etc. I was wondering if it was possible if you could perhaps make a mod to change the default screen scrawl intro music (the STAR WARS THEME) with John Williams' new version for Episode 7? 

Thanks man, big fan of your stuff! :)

actually, i've already done a ep7 screen crawl mod like that, i haven't uploaded it yet, but i'll do it

Darth Sion and Rilobax12 like this

yeah, i want the new kylo ren model, i can't get it to work in vanilla ja, due to it having no default skin file  :o, also, i've looked in the tfa visual dictionary, and i noticed the kylo ren blades had a bit of yellow between the white and red parts of the blade

You know you can always copy the skin, rename it to "model_default" and presto, right swag? :)