The Force Awakens Conversion Mod for SP

Whew, I have been busy today. I went about really experimenting with different plugins to create that authentic Kylo Ren distortion and I'm quite happy with what I came up with. This is a read through of all of Tavion's lines as Kylo Ren:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1l6s4c25f0daxu/kyloren_jka_izotope.wav?dl=0

Also of note, I was just able to borrow a microphone and wow does it make all the difference from a Mac's internal speakers haha. Take a listen for yourself to compare (these are lines from the movie):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gx8df88nhgy5o7/kyloren_goodmic.wav?dl=0

MrHeisenberg and GPChannel like this

This is how i imagine the main menu :)

I need help to do this,as you can see i did tha background (i just write the NEW,LOAD,CONTROLS,SETUP,EXIT lines for the test pictures,but i can't do it so i need help :) )

vz7uc5.jpg

I like the overall idea.. Maybe instead of doing both symbols on the same side. You could have the Resistance emblem on one side and the First Order emblem on the other.

Although, it wouldn't be a bad to toy with the idea of having characters from the movie, on the main menu screen. Like ripped from movie posters or something. Possibly in game format or something like that.

GPChannel likes this

@@GPChannel Hey.. I don't know if @@Barricade24 told you, but I wanted to bring to your attention, this awesome WiP done by @@Plasma. I have him on Steam. He's one of the "Movie Battles II" devs. I was searching through screenshots on Steam for JKA and came across this map of Starkiller Base, he's currently working on for the next update (or the update after that) for "Movie Battles II" and anyway.. Long story short, I got around to asking him (via Steam) if when he releases it for MBII, if he would release it on JKHub for use, in this mod, (I told him about your Force Awakens conversion mod). And he said he probably would, once it's integrated into "Movie Battles II", so hopefully this is good news for everyone here.. That we'll hopefully, actually have a REALLY good Starkiller Base map for mods.

Anyway, here's the screenshot that's saved in the Steam library (Remember, it's still a WiP)
2re17p4.jpg

@@GPChannel Hey.. I don't know if @@Barricade24 told you, but I wanted to bring to your attention, this awesome WiP done by a guy called "Plasma". I have him on Steam. He's one of the "Movie Battles II" devs. I was searching through screenshots on Steam for JKA and came across this map of Starkiller Base, he's currently working on for the next update (or the update after that) for "Movie Battles II" and anyway.. Long story short, I got around to asking him (via Steam) if when he releases it for MBII, if he would release it on JKHub for use, in this mod, (I told him about your Force Awakens conversion mod). And he said he probably would, once it's integrated into "Movie Battles II", so hopefully this is good news for everyone here.. That we'll hopefully, actually have a REALLY good Starkiller Base map for mods.

Anyway, here's the screenshot that's saved in the Steam library (Remember, it's still a WiP)

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=24d5a229e8c04a75e6c2f683e4e2c60c&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=6452&p=103387&md5check=ecba2a4d3033837a868480b442547b35&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,j5TM4AiYvh8'); //]]></script>2re17p4.jpg&&0

You catch the atmosphere very nice!!! I like it!

But this map wont be large right? Someone could make some better and more detailed tree models, bushes or even snow. The smaller map is the more details You can add ;) (of course still You must pay attention for the limits and optimalizations.. but lights,models can be very nice looking!)

You catch the atmosphere very nice!!! I like it!

But this map wont be large right? Someone could make some better and more detailed tree models, bushes or even snow. The smaller map is the more details You can add ;) (of course still You must pay attention for the limits and optimalizations.. but lights,models can be very nice looking!)

This isn't my work. This is the work (And it's still a "WiP (Work in Progress)) of one of the 'Movie Battles II' devs. I don't know the dimensions or anything about the map, as such. Only that this was found in the Online Steam Jedi Academy Screenshots library and I've contacted the creator who is working on this map.

Again, THIS IS CURRENTLY A WORK IN PROGRESS.. And most likely, relatively mid-way through being completed. I don't know if this is an early build or recent build. That information wasn't specified or given.

This isn't my work. This is the work (And it's still a "WiP (Work in Progress)) of one of the 'Movie Battles II' devs. I don't know the dimensions or anything about the map, as such. Only that this was found in the Online Steam Jedi Academy Screenshots library and I've contacted the creator who is working on this map.

Again, THIS IS CURRENTLY A WORK IN PROGRESS.. And most likely, relatively mid-way through being completed. I don't know if this is an early build or recent build. That information wasn't specified or given.

Has this ''Plasma'' guy made some other maps for Movie Battles 2? 

Has this ''Plasma'' guy made some other maps for Movie Battles 2? 

I don't know, he probably could have done.. Why? If you have Steam, you can add him and contact him through there. Just search up the name "Plasma". His picture is of the Arsenal Football Club emblem. But I probably wouldn't waste your time asking him for other maps and requests. etc. As, if he's working on content for MBII, then he's gonna be spending a lot of his time working on those projects. I only contacted him and asked him if he could release his Starkiller Base map, once it's finished and is integrated into MBII, 'cos I thought it would be very useful in this mod.

What do you think?

I imagine the main menu like this :)

Would be okay?

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=18047b898b675a8de692a90e9a72516d&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=6452&p=103560&md5check=bdd0f5f0ebdd1a4a36083685a1184406&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,cNDAwJIqyAU'); //]]></script>14mw4t5.jpg&&0

Personally.. Quite interesting! It's a pretty good take, with the graphics and what not? Are you feeling this as being the final build or still playing around and trying new ideas?

Personally.. Quite interesting! It's a pretty good take, with the graphics and what not? Are you feeling this as being the final build or still playing around and trying new ideas?

I don't know....i think its good for a main menu,but not the best...its not so epic what i want....i mean i have the music for the menu too,and i want to create a simple but epic main menu :)

So yeah,its not the final :)

Darth Sion likes this

@@GPChannel

I'm sending you the improved version of the Kylo Ren SP lines. with the help of @KefkaSFX we were able to achieve a much more accurate voice effect (he's an actual sound designer)!

if any of you are curious, here's the new voice reel:

I would love to see THAT as a standalone mod. Tavion should be replaced in Jedi Academy.

Looking back, I think Tavion was way better in Jedi Outcast than in Jedi Academy. In Jedi Outcast, she was a rather naive Dark Jedi, a rookie. After she left near the end of Jedi Outcast, she had her best departure.

Who knows? She might have turned to the light side afterwards. But in Jedi Academy, she seemed kinda out of place. It was as if the developers were looking for an enemy and later thought "Hey, let's give Tavion another appearance",

because they were lazy to create someone new.

DarthDementous and Darth Sion like this