Making a New class

Coding stuff works perfect for blaster_pistol and blaster, but i need some adjustment again for the bowcaster special efx shooted by the CLASS_ASSASSIN_DROID and CLASS_MORGANKATARN .

after i edit in same way of blasters weapon efx and sounds, muzzle flash and altmuzzleflash sound not work much fine (they are not displayed, sound is not eared and sometime shooter character disappear for some frame... very strange! D: ) this bug occur also for the alternative projectiles.

for wall  and flesh impact instead, it's all okay, except with the alt fire, when at the end of the 3 bounces of the projectiles game crash when impact with walls.

after i fix this 3 bugs bowcaster is complete. D: 

bowcaster's code is very hard to edit. >.<

Hmmm... I don't think lightsabers should be able to deflect fire or fireballs-- they don't deflect the nohgri stick gas weapon, right?

Sure, when i end the custom effect and sound code structure for CLASS , i will go on g_missile.cpp and i deactivate saber deflection.

for a magical \ fantasy mod that's is not realistic. blades can parry elemental projectiles, but not deflect XD. they will act all like the rocket projectile that explode on impact to saber... should be cool if they can be pushed with FP_PUSH, istead of deflected with blades. :)

yes, i hope fireballs will act like noghri stick clouds when i end. explode on impact and... why not... a lot of dmg if player stay in the area. fire is burning LOL.

However, rocket works pretty fine... but i replaces with a wind spell that shoot balls of comprex air... huge explosion of wind and knockback.

repeater i replace with a water \ frosting spell. it works, but again i get some trouble on muzzle_flash \ altmuzzleflash sound and efx code.

however i need again to program the flechette (earth element) the tusken rifle (hacked with a bowcaster that shoot diffferent kind of elemental arrows at second of class of enemy that use it ) bowcaster (light spell, deadly for shadows and vampires.) and demp2 (holy spell, deadly for undeads.)

@@eezstreet

i need really to thank you for suggest of look on g_missile.cpp for weapon bouncig disabling.

i got a big trouble when i tested my effect class code for weapons.

when a weapon with bouncing effect of projectile hit the assassin_droid shield class, the game crash immediatly.

after i see that the trouble is some kind of imcompatibility between EF_BOUNCE EF_BOUNCE_HALF and EF_SHRAPNEL function (bowcaster and flechette code lead me on the right way) and i have see that not happen with demp2 and rocket launcher i understood that the crash will occure with the weapon with bouncing function.

so i search on g_missile and i found this line for demp2.

if ( ent->s.weapon == WP_DEMP2 )
    {
        // demp2 and poisons shots can never bounce
        bounce = qfalse;

// in fact, alt-charge shots will not call the regular impact functions
        if ( ent->alt_fire )
        {
            // detonate at the trace end
            VectorCopy( trace->endpos, ent->currentOrigin );
            VectorCopy( trace->plane.normal, ent->pos1 );
            DEMP2_AltDetonate( ent );
            return;
        }
    }

i make this little add below

if ( ent->s.weapon == WP_BLASTER_PISTOL || ent->s.weapon == WP_BLASTER ||
        ent->s.weapon == WP_BOWCASTER || ent->s.weapon == WP_JAWA ||
        ent->s.weapon == WP_FLECHETTE || ent->s.weapon == WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER ||
        ent->s.weapon == WP_CONCUSSION || ent->s.weapon == WP_REPEATER ||
        ent->s.weapon == WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE || ent->s.weapon == WP_BRYAR_PISTOL ||
        ent->s.weapon == WP_POISON
        )
    {
        // BOUNCE DISABLED FOR ALL SHOOTING WEAPONS
        bounce = qfalse;

}

and know assassin_droid shield crash is fixed. simply not deflect projectile. they impact on the shields i really not need much the bouncy things for my mod . :) 

the only thing i need to fix now is to find when saber_defense deflect projectiles to owners and disable this. 

after that my code stuff is basically ended. ^_^ so thanks for all help.

Deflection fixed: here the new strings:

extern bool WP_DoingMoronicForcedAnimationForForcePowers(gentity_t *ent);
    // check for hitting a lightsaber
    if ( other->contents & CONTENTS_LIGHTSABER )
    {
        if ( other->owner && !other->owner->s.number && other->owner->client )
        {
            other->owner->client->sess.missionStats.saberBlocksCnt++;
        }
        if ( ( g_spskill->integer <= 0 && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLASTER_PISTOL && ent->s.weapon != WP_BOWCASTER && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLASTER && ent->s.weapon != WP_REPEATER && ent->s.weapon != WP_FLECHETTE && ent->s.weapon != WP_DEMP2 && ent->s.weapon != WP_CONCUSSION && ent->s.weapon != WP_JAWA && ent->s.weapon != WP_ATST_MAIN && ent->s.weapon != WP_EMPLACED_GUN && ent->s.weapon != WP_TURRET && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLOODGUN && ent->s.weapon != WP_POISON && ent->s.weapon != WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE //on easy, it reflects all shots
                || (g_spskill->integer == 1 && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLASTER_PISTOL && ent->s.weapon != WP_BOWCASTER && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLASTER && ent->s.weapon != WP_REPEATER && ent->s.weapon != WP_FLECHETTE && ent->s.weapon != WP_DEMP2 && ent->s.weapon != WP_CONCUSSION && ent->s.weapon != WP_JAWA && ent->s.weapon != WP_ATST_MAIN && ent->s.weapon != WP_EMPLACED_GUN && ent->s.weapon != WP_TURRET && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLOODGUN && ent->s.weapon != WP_POISON && ent->s.weapon != WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE )//on medium it won't reflect flechette or demp shots
                || (g_spskill->integer >= 2 && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLASTER_PISTOL && ent->s.weapon != WP_BOWCASTER && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLASTER && ent->s.weapon != WP_REPEATER && ent->s.weapon != WP_FLECHETTE && ent->s.weapon != WP_DEMP2 && ent->s.weapon != WP_CONCUSSION && ent->s.weapon != WP_JAWA && ent->s.weapon != WP_ATST_MAIN && ent->s.weapon != WP_EMPLACED_GUN && ent->s.weapon != WP_TURRET && ent->s.weapon != WP_BLOODGUN && ent->s.weapon != WP_POISON && ent->s.weapon != WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE )//on hard it won't reflect flechette, demp, repeater or bowcaster shots
             )