IG-88/Lancer Droid

Boba Fett class is invulnerabile and unkillable, and flying. IG88 is cutie, but is not a flying droid... maybe is better hazardtrooper class (has saber resistance and can slam the player with a punch) you can give force powers also at hazardtrooper class enemy :)

otherwise you need to code a new class Enemy with hazardtrooper saber resistance and boba fett class combat attributes. :)

hazardtrooper saber resistance is stored on g_combat.cpp

Since there is limitations as to how many weapons an npc has make him like his shadows of the empire boss version such as the blaster, pulse cannon, and flamethrower.Also apparently Boba Fett's npc wise has force powers in his configuration file.

I think just the pulse canon and a flame thrower would be a cool, try not to over stress this too much and not put too much thought into it having it end up in a cluster of issues. I can see this model of ig-88 being the best one yet as well as being a fun challenge. Just do what you know will work and take your time, I can see the result of this turning out awesome!  :)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88_assassin_droid

IG-88 armament:

BlasTech DLT-20A blaster rifle *

Gas dispenser *

Neural Gas grenades *

Flamethrower *

Sonic stunner *

Pulse cannon

Needle dart gun

Blade extension set *

Ion blaster

DAS-430 electromagnetic projectile launcher

Concussion grenade launcher

Throwing flechettes

Blaster rifles

The ones with the asterisks will be the ones I employ

What would be great is if we could re-target JKA's humanoid animations to any sized skeleton, but all of my attempts have failed hard. Maybe I should look at UE4's re-targeting and see if I can use that then export back to Max...

If the model has moving pistons and you're not sure how to do it, let me know. I managed to get moving pistons using lookat constraints years ago for my long dead Terminator mod (HL2).

What would be great is if we could re-target JKA's humanoid animations to any sized skeleton, but all of my attempts have failed hard. Maybe I should look at UE4's re-targeting and see if I can use that then export back to Max...

If the model has moving pistons and you're not sure how to do it, let me know. I managed to get moving pistons using lookat constraints years ago for my long dead Terminator mod (HL2).

It should be possible to re-target animations from one skeleton to another (I was also going to use some of the STEF animations, as well as some from the saber droid. I think it also require setting a skin pose... not sure, but I'll cross that bridge soon.
  • 5 weeks later...

@@Barricade24,  sorry no... I've been busy traveling for work and brainstorming about how to fix the dotXSI exporters for 3dsMax.  I'm about to work on the Raven's Claw model in a few minutes.  I will have some time this weekend and I will try and make some progess on Jan Ors, Raven's Claw, and IG-88.

I also have to travel next week... but I can take my new laptop with me and work on the model projects in the evenings.

...seems like I never have enough time.  I guess I just need to win the lottery...

Noodle likes this
  • 2 weeks later...