Evolution of Combat IV - Main Topic

• 8 months later...

Update/Thread Bump: So this happened on October 2nd: http://www.moddb.com/mods/evolution-of-combat-iv/forum/thread/a-message-to-all

Serenity's message as to why he left the JKA Modding Community, and about EoC being an attempt to revive KotF with the "Serenity Saber Engine" which is nothing more than OJP with some small tweaks, but its mostly to shit on eezstreet, with quite the false claims

Update/Thread Bump: So this happened on October 2nd: http://www.moddb.com/mods/evolution-of-combat-iv/forum/thread/a-message-to-all

Serenity's message as to why he left the JKA Modding Community, and about EoC being an attempt to revive KotF with the "Serenity Saber Engine" which is nothing more than OJP with some small tweaks, but its mostly to shit on eezstreet, with quite the false claims

Okay....Is there a problem with him (or someone he wanted to take his place) doing this instead? http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenityjediengine-20 No, not really. If it's being improved cause they see potential in the mod, then more power to them to try and fix it. However, I've seen that other post and even though it's been a year since then, it still makes him come off as an absolute child.

this is not serenity's work anymore... what ever he have to say is really up to him, go on with u own stuff and leave this behind really, there is no reason to pull this topic even more up then it was. the man did something he might not should have done and left it behind becours of other reason, leave it to that, no matter what and didn't care if he used of other ppl stuff or if he really did forget to give the credits is something there have been taking care of. he left his work behind to this new guy and he try's to make it new again with out credits issues. lets see what comes out of it :)

TheWhitePhoenix and swegmaster like this

this is not serenity's work anymore... what ever he have to say is really up to him, go on with u own stuff and leave this behind really, there is no reason to pull this topic even more up then it was. the man did something he might not should have done and left it behind becours of other reason, leave it to that, no matter what and didn't care if he used of other ppl stuff or if he really did forget to give the credits is something there have been taking care of. he left his work behind to this new guy and he try's to make it new again with out credits issues. lets see what comes out of it :)

Well, if they can make something of the Serenity engine you and him worked on, then by all means, let it be so. I'd like to see where it goes and it does look pretty good so far. :)

Lol. The first release of JKG was a disaster because eezstreet's a bad coder? I've been there. Not only patching was pretty constant, but most of the infamous inventory bugs happened simply because they were not yet discovered.

The MBII code is a mess because of eezstreet? I remember him noticing a ginormous amount of flaws from an older MBII code, and posting it on their forums, like with the various pass-through codes (it involved 8 lightsabers into a wall? Sounds like a song...). Same code that, at least in past versions, allowed to have infinite rockets with a trick involving signals.

In short:

995w3.jpg

Well, if they can make something of the Serenity engine you and him worked on, then by all means, let it be so. I'd like to see where it goes and it does look pretty good so far. :)

i never worked on serenity engine at all. i started EoC and in my days this was not a thing at all i gave him the project in 2011-12 becours i didn't have time and a real life going on and me and serenity didnt have the same gaols for it anymore so i left.

Hi everybody

I am 1 of 5 people who have the serenityjediengine code.I have decided to try to revive the mod "SerenityJediEngine" not "Evolution of Combat".

I am only working with the code and the original SJE download files from here http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenitysabersystems

I believe this is a clean build with no issues of plagiarism and this is why I'm not even touching Evolution of combat.

My plan is to make a build ready by march  and then go "Open" ,Meaning people can join me and help with making this a mod for all, with no issues.

I am reluctant to post here on jkhub because I don't want any of the mud from Evolution of Combat sticking to the SJE or me.

A few things I have thought about are

1 getting as many people involved as possible because I am not good enough at mod making to realize the potential of this code.

2 Getting a better coder to help me with this project as I am struggling to stabilize the code and need help

3 Changing the name of the code / mod to help bring it a new clean slate.

I want to state the following

I haven't made this code (I just try to fix it).

I haven't made any mods before

I am just trying to edit it to a stable form without any issues.

I'm going to stop now and see what kind of response this post gets. If I get harassed ,banned from jkhub or anything like that then I will know I have made a mistake here.

This is more of a cry for help than anything else and hopefully I haven't stepped on anybody's toes.

DarthDementous and Lancelot like this

I have read almost everything on this thread and at moddb.com from everyone concerned. I am troubled by peoples egos. I guess the real issue here is people taking credit for other peoples work. In the end, who cares? Most modders aren't going to see their name in the lime light. I know of one programmer who has his name in credits for Quake 4 and TFU. His name is rgoer. Also known as Roger Cordes. He's the author of great levels like "Sunset on Coruscant". I know, I'm straying off topic. I think JaceSolaris should take on this project. Maybe start another thread because this one has old wounds.

JaceSolarisVIII and Effacer like this

Another threat may be a new start for this mod. I will let you guys decide what is best. I want this to be as open as possible and a community effort if possible.

This is a good idea. I suggest you to collect everything you've made so far, then you make a list of what your mod has. Convince us. It's way better than whipping up a topic that contains little information.

The more everybody knows what your mod has to offer, the higher are the chances that you can recruit people to work with you.