Evolution of Combat IV - Main Topic

After playing this mod a bit, it can be confusing and generally buggy but thats all alright. What I find is how useful this mod could be to maybe make short JKA movies or something. (Duel recreations maybe?) Only problem is there is no way at least that I have found to enable cheats, is there any way around this? 

Darth Sion likes this

...why does EOC4 include both the JK2 and JKA assets, and also JKG stuff? There's no readme for any of the JKG stuff either, let alone proof of permission.

QMW6Kpo.png

In fact, on your promotional stuff on Moddb, there's even JKG effects being shown, but we never gave permission for any of those effects to be used. While we provide the assets free of charge and allow private use, you will need some sort of acknowledgment on your part that those effects belong to JKG. Otherwise it looks like you made them, which is completely inaccurate.

FWIW this is why we intended to include PK3 protection on the files with JKG in the first place, because we were (apparently rightly) convinced that people would take the assets and claim them as their own.

I'm a little bit wary of it in general though. For instance there's a Kylo Ren model included. Both of the Kylo Ren models on this site state "Other people may not use this file in their mods without permission" and yet the owners have never received a private message from you guys. Unless there is a third Kylo Ren model somewhere or they deleted the private message, I have to assume that this was taken without permission.

If @@Kualan and @ are obliged, perhaps they could download EOC4 and see if their file was included?

Darth Sion and therfiles like this

They're stupid, unrealistic, don't make sense and look worse than if the game didn't have them.

If you don't like them.. Fine! Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But you do realise that the saber trails are included for something called "added realism", don't you.. And I give props to the modders, who decide to include this and make the mod more like the movies. All I can say is, you clearly haven't seen a Star Wars movie, if you think that the game looks better without them.

On a personal note, (to @MattFiler & @Serenity937), don't remove the saber trails. Tweak them, if you need to (for improved realism), but you're gonna get haters, regardless. Stay with your original vision for the mod and don't make unnecessary changes, just because one person out there, can't appreciate the work that's gone into the mod.

...why does EOC4 include both the JK2 and JKA assets, and also JKG stuff? There's no readme for any of the JKG stuff either, let alone proof of permission.

QMW6Kpo.png

In fact, on your promotional stuff on Moddb, there's even JKG effects being shown, but we never gave permission for any of those effects to be used. While we provide the assets free of charge and allow private use, you will need some sort of acknowledgment on your part that those effects belong to JKG. Otherwise it looks like you made them, which is completely inaccurate.

FWIW this is why we intended to include PK3 protection on the files with JKG in the first place, because we were (apparently rightly) convinced that people would take the assets and claim them as their own.

I'm a little bit wary of it in general though. For instance there's a Kylo Ren model included. Both of the Kylo Ren models on this site state "Other people may not use this file in their mods without permission" and yet the owners have never received a private message from you guys. Unless there is a third Kylo Ren model somewhere or they deleted the private message, I have to assume that this was taken without permission.

If @@Kualan and @ are obliged, perhaps they could download EOC4 and see if their file was included?

I'm not arguing any point here, eezstreet.. But it may be possible that there's a NEW Kylo Ren, currently in the works by @@Psyk0Sith.

Lancelot likes this

@@eezstreet My bandwidth has turned to the Dark Side for a 2.9gb download. But the models can easily be identified. I can tell you exactly who's model it is if you can provide a screenshot of the model in-game from this Evolution of Combat mod, since I am familiar with both released versions.

@@eezstreet My bandwidth has turned to the Dark Side for a 2.9gb download. But the models can easily be identified. I can tell you exactly who's model it is if you can provide a screenshot of the model in-game from this Evolution of Combat mod, since I am familiar with both released versions.

The one in EOC4 is yours. The icon that's in it matches the one in your file here on JKHub.

EDIT:

I'm not arguing any point here, eezstreet.. But it may be possible that there's a NEW Kylo Ren, currently in the works by @@Psyk0Sith.

See above.

All I can say is, you clearly haven't seen a Star Wars movie, if you think that the game looks better without them.

castle-nathan-fillion-speechless.gif

EOC trail is overdone (just like base JKA) and instead of appearing realistic, it looks dumb and cartoonish. It does not look like it's made by motion, but rather that it's a real trail following the saber everywhere. If you watched the movies and took attention to this specific detail, you'd see that there it's in no way as extensive as in EOC, plus it disappears way, way sooner than in the game. It only gets as wide as this:

uJnN1Aa.png

Another thing is that the trail disturbs the competetive aspect (in SP it's not big of a deal, just looks bad) by making it harder to follow swings and their directions.

LucyTheAlien likes this

I don't mean to make things worse but a lot of assets from things have been taken for EOC. For example KOTF SP system and all of the models Tim stole are within EOC's assets. I am honestly sure there is more as this mod is quite fishy in that "Way". 

Can confirm that it is also using content from Movie Battles II. MBII assets do not have a readme attached either, and again no proof of permission (I haven't recently given permission for any FX files found in MBIIs RC level, but here they are here.)

Just looking through the files, it is a massive attempt at using content from everywhere else but your own.

I don't mean to make things worse but a lot of assets from things have been taken for EOC. For example KOTF SP system and all of the models Tim stole are within EOC's assets. I am honestly sure there is more as this mod is quite fishy in that "Way". 

Yeah, and KOTF also included the JKA assets along with the download. Definitely an interesting parallel there.

I don't know if it's just my crappy computer but it's really buggy for me. The class system doesn't work at all in SP, many effects are missing, it almost crashes every time I try to start a match in MP, when MP does work it freezes up at random intervals and many NPCs are missing in SP, including Luke in several cut-scenes. 

Darth Sion and LucyTheAlien like this

I think its safe to say there were stolen assets from other people in "Evolution of combat IV". What are we going to do about it? When KOTF came out, yes it had stolen content etc etc but this never really stopped KOTF from happening in a way. 

@@MattFiler To be honest, Matt.. I'm sitting on the fence on this one, so taking more of a neutral stance on the whole thing, so to speak. However, some might argue that it.. (Evolution of Combat IV) shouldn't have been released in the first place, due to the reasons stated in this thread/topic (..And to some extent, I agree), but from what I've played of it myself, it wasn't even ready to be released. It's clearly still in the development stages. Because currently, it's a broken mess. None of the Galaxy Maps load up, when you've selected one, they just take you straight back to the main menu.. And you seem to be stuck in the menu's the whole time, so the mod/content never actually loads and you have to end up exiting out of it, because in a nutshell.. It doesn't work.

Again, I'm sure this is something that Serenity can clear up. But currently, it's 2.9GB of wasted space.

Onysfx and LucyTheAlien like this

It's clearly still in the development stages. Because currently, it's a broken mess. None of the Galaxy Maps load up, when you've selected one, they just take you straight back to the main menu.. And you seem to be stuck in the menu's the whole time, so the mod/content never actually loads and you have to end up exiting out of it, because in a nutshell.. It doesn't work.

Again, I'm sure this is something that Serenity can clear up. But currently, it's 2.9GB of wasted space.

I've gotten maps to load, but note the issues I stated above. About all I can do is duel NPCs.

And to be fair, EoCIII had a lot of problems, too.

Onysfx likes this