Evolution of Combat IV - Main Topic

This looks like its EXACTLY what I've been wanting out of a JK mod! 

Are the classes going to be server-side, allowing server hosts to create their own custom classes? It looks like you have a lot of characters covered, but obviously there is a plethora of Star Wars characters, so it would be really awesome if hosts could create new classes as they see fit.

Regardless, looks like a really cool mod and I can't wait to play with it.

MattFiler and Smoo like this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will admit this is impressive. No doubt. BUT, I will be more impressed when some of my skins show up in trailers closer to release. ;D

Want to add a skin to the class system in EoCIV ? No problem PM me and ill add it,build how you wish saber sith/jedi/weapons i can add any personal class.In EoC i also added a class building system but only for gunners.In EoC jedi are jedi,sith are sith.You can select force powers but restricted to saber only.Gunners get a start weapon then after that you have to kill some one and take there weapon if you want one.  "ITS STAR WARS not  STAR FREE FOR ALL" so no weapons lying on maps in mp or sp. 

JAWSFreelao, Rayce and Jeff like this

will this be supported for MAC?

Sorry ,unless someone else want to do it.no :(

Hi guys

Hopefully you had a chance to see what we are trying to achieve .

1. Uniformity .

It always annoyed me that single player and multi player combat systems were different from each other. I understand why there different but i never liked it anyway.

The first task with the mod is to get mp/sp exactly the same (or a near as dammit) taking into account that 1 is played with 0 latency and the other could be 80-120 ping for some people.

2. Inspirations 

My first and most important inspiration is the films.If you truly want to understand EoC sabersystem then you have to really,really watch the sabercombat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7dkSIgYgE

Look how quigon Blocks,Dodges and moves his legs.The pace of attack and defence.He slaps and kicks his enemys "NO SILLY JUMPING ABOUT"

This is where the message is often lost.People compare the sabersystem to base,ojp Moviebattles etc etc.

It should (but sadly never has been) be compared to the movies style.

It contain elements and ideas from all mods,as all mods contain elements from the movies.

My second inspiration is The mods themselves. 

Like everybody else i played all the popular mods,but in many cases i found them unbalanced or unfair.

Im not going to name any mods here because i dont want to start any pointless debate about opinions.

However ,In the early days some mods came out and were fantastic but as time went on they got updated and changed and on the way they lost something and it became more about Points and bars on the screen.People look to see the block point bar on the screen and can measure from there BP when to go for a kill.This is predictable and repetitive. It leaves little to the imagination and make sabercombat a simple routing that is followed to the letter or you fail.

I understand its "All about balance" so i decided to go back to basics (stawars basics ,whatever that means!).

Lets stick to sabercombat for now ill talk about guns later.I was in the British army for 18 years so i count myself as a bit of an authority on combat in general .

The sabersystem is built to allow much more freedom of movement.Im not going to talk code here but i did it by chaining and splicing lots of animations code in the sabersystem code.

I have not "AND NEVER WILL" write a tutorial for the sabersystem. I have made a video to get people started

But after that it is up to people to develop there own style- "Feel the force flowing through you".........Who said that?????

The sabersystem in mp and sp is almost identical so practice in the training room with tavion.

Some basic tips.

walking in close saber contact will reduce the amount of force used to block some types of attack .

Accurate blocking will tire your opponent quickly 

Use of slaps and kicks in close combat is advised to stun your enemy and create a opening for attack.

Crouch or meditate to regain your forcepowers at x2 speed

Dont let your force powers drop below 25 fp in saber combat, blocking lightning can be very difficult at close range as close lightning now inflicts more damage and costs more to block .Warning Bots and Npc,s can see if your tired or low on fp by your animations and will strike harder if they get a chance.

Im personally a singleplayer fan more than Multiplayer and i can tell you this.If you like Mp sabersystem/anims and A.I then you going to love using the same sabersystem combat system anims etc etc in singleplayer.

Im especially proud of the A.I in sp and spent months on end building there combat.They have about 15 more animations than the player gets.I did this on purpose so they are unpredictable with the animations and can be very hard to kill in some cases.

I made stormtroopers and Imp soldiers relatively hard.They are a well trained army in weapon combat and unarmed combat.They will kick your ass if you get close,they may punch/ kick or butt stroke you with there weapon.

Saber users come in varying difficulty .But there are no un-experianced sith/Jedi in the field of combat. So dont expect them to be easy after they have years of training and experience,And of course if you face Desann or yoda or any "Master" then you can expect megga aggression, Very High speed combat and there force power ability's are Way better than yours...Trust me.If you play sp and spawn yoda in game to help you.Just watch him Kicking ass."HE IS AWESOME TO WATCH".He has his own full animations and seperate saberstyles too.

This is a quote from another post but i wanted to add it here so people can get the info.

OK guys ...Flame on :winkthumb: :winkthumb: 

Have you checked out my video logs?

I am excited about this mod but I would see real stuff and not just a video which shows strictly nothing.

I could create myself a video showing skins and I could pretend that it is a "class system".

Until now, I just watched skins, maps and the sabersystem, which could be taken from EoC III.

So please, show me real stuff :

- the class system : how I select my class in the menu, what are the classes availables, without interruption. I want to see you selecting a class, spawning, playing, selecting another class...

- I want to see you spawning the smart boba fett who use his jetpack and his flame launcher. In you preview n°2, how do you show me they are npcs ? they could be just real players trying to act like "smart npcs" for your video.

Do you understand me ? I have big hopes in this mod, but now you should show me that your features are real.

Darth Sion and JAWSFreelao like this

We're trying to keep as much information to ourselves about the different classes etc so that people have a fun experience trying them all out for themselves on launch.

I can screen record me going through a couple of classes in the menu and playing if you're interested (I'll update this post once I've done that).

You don't need to show all classes and all their features, but just show the menu, the choice button and the gameplay for 2 or 3 classes.

You spent so much time doing these trailers which show the graphics and there is no one showing the "real stuff" :lol:

I thank you for making a new video.

What about the classes ? Will we be able to modify classes serverside ?

Can you give me more informations about the account system ? Do the points to select skills will be related to XP ? Do they will be saved ? I remember in EoC III, you could have 30 XP and 200 points to buy skills. There were no relation between the XP of the account and the points for skills.

DarthStiv likes this

ok, thank you very much.

As I could see, the class system is related to the choice of the skin. Each skin is attached to a class. Are these skins/class determined by the source code or by a editable file (cfg, txt, dat, ...) ? On my own server, can I change the class of a skin ? For example giving a class with a saber to the jawa skin ?

With these questions, I want to know if it is possible to add our own skins to the game and to assign it the class I want.

Other questions : ingame, players cannot choose their points or their weapons ? All force powers and weapons are determined by the class (= the skin) ?

To help me understanding, it is like the MBII authentic mode ?

What is the goal of the XP points and the account if we have not points to buy skills and weapons ? Is there an evolution ? Will a player with more XP be more powerful ?

Sorry ,unless someone else want to do it.no :(

Hi guys

Hopefully you had a chance to see what we are trying to achieve .

1. Uniformity .

It always annoyed me that single player and multi player combat systems were different from each other. I understand why there different but i never liked it anyway.

The first task with the mod is to get mp/sp exactly the same (or a near as dammit) taking into account that 1 is played with 0 latency and the other could be 80-120 ping for some people.

2. Inspirations 

My first and most important inspiration is the films.If you truly want to understand EoC sabersystem then you have to really,really watch the sabercombat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7dkSIgYgE

Look how quigon Blocks,Dodges and moves his legs.The pace of attack and defence.He slaps and kicks his enemys "NO SILLY JUMPING ABOUT"

This is where the message is often lost.People compare the sabersystem to base,ojp Moviebattles etc etc.

It should (but sadly never has been) be compared to the movies style.

It contain elements and ideas from all mods,as all mods contain elements from the movies.

My second inspiration is The mods themselves. 

Like everybody else i played all the popular mods,but in many cases i found them unbalanced or unfair.

Im not going to name any mods here because i dont want to start any pointless debate about opinions.

However ,In the early days some mods came out and were fantastic but as time went on they got updated and changed and on the way they lost something and it became more about Points and bars on the screen.People look to see the block point bar on the screen and can measure from there BP when to go for a kill.This is predictable and repetitive. It leaves little to the imagination and make sabercombat a simple routing that is followed to the letter or you fail.

I understand its "All about balance" so i decided to go back to basics (stawars basics ,whatever that means!).

Lets stick to sabercombat for now ill talk about guns later.I was in the British army for 18 years so i count myself as a bit of an authority on combat in general .

The sabersystem is built to allow much more freedom of movement.Im not going to talk code here but i did it by chaining and splicing lots of animations code in the sabersystem code.

I have not "AND NEVER WILL" write a tutorial for the sabersystem. I have made a video to get people started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPJH8SNHGG0

But after that it is up to people to develop there own style- "Feel the force flowing through you".........Who said that?????

The sabersystem in mp and sp is almost identical so practice in the training room with tavion.

Some basic tips.

walking in close saber contact will reduce the amount of force used to block some types of attack .

Accurate blocking will tire your opponent quickly 

Use of slaps and kicks in close combat is advised to stun your enemy and create a opening for attack.

Crouch or meditate to regain your forcepowers at x2 speed

Dont let your force powers drop below 25 fp in saber combat, blocking lightning can be very difficult at close range as close lightning now inflicts more damage and costs more to block .Warning Bots and Npc,s can see if your tired or low on fp by your animations and will strike harder if they get a chance.

Im personally a singleplayer fan more than Multiplayer and i can tell you this.If you like Mp sabersystem/anims and A.I then you going to love using the same sabersystem combat system anims etc etc in singleplayer.

Im especially proud of the A.I in sp and spent months on end building there combat.They have about 15 more animations than the player gets.I did this on purpose so they are unpredictable with the animations and can be very hard to kill in some cases.

I made stormtroopers and Imp soldiers relatively hard.They are a well trained army in weapon combat and unarmed combat.They will kick your ass if you get close,they may punch/ kick or butt stroke you with there weapon.

Saber users come in varying difficulty .But there are no un-experianced sith/Jedi in the field of combat. So dont expect them to be easy after they have years of training and experience,And of course if you face Desann or yoda or any "Master" then you can expect megga aggression, Very High speed combat and there force power ability's are Way better than yours...Trust me.If you play sp and spawn yoda in game to help you.Just watch him Kicking ass."HE IS AWESOME TO WATCH".He has his own full animations and seperate saberstyles too.

This is a quote from another post but i wanted to add it here so people can get the info.

OK guys ...Flame on :winkthumb: :winkthumb: 

Is there any likelihood of you adding in "The Force Awakens" content into the mod or the next version of the mod? I played the EoC III (released back in 2013.. Updated to the remastered version, but haven't played it yet). From what I played of the Campaign stuff, though.. Where you land on the platform with the ship and have to defeat Palpatine.. I really quite liked. It would be great to see something similar with "The Force Awakens", what with the movie being out, this month. Personally, I only play the single player aspect of the game. The multiplayer part has never really interested me. But from what I played of the EoC III mod, I actually found much more updated visuals and extra in-game stuff, like object and environment particles. etc. and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But yeah, I'm another one who believes the combat in the game should mimic the movies, themselves. That means "saber trails", saber colours, length.. If it's in the movies, it should be in the game haha!  ;)

Serenity937 and MattFiler like this
  • 2 weeks later...