Jedi Hunter Droid (sorta...)

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think you could maybe make a static  version that's posed intimidatingly and standing on a flat base of some sort? I run an Edge of the Empire campaign in Tabletop Simulator, and one of my players' character is an old EG-3A droid. Having that as his token would be really cool.

If that's not too much trouble, of course.

Langerd likes this

No, like a miniature for an RPG. We've got flat images right now, but an actual 3D game piece would be kick@ss.

Oh so you want to get it 3D printed? I suppose that would be possible, it's pretty low poly for that and probably wouldn't cost as much as the high poly stuff.

@@Archangel35757 I don't have rend2! I'm still stuck in the "manual" texturing stage for JA. Then i'll destroy the tri count and start rigging...if i have enough patience.

Oh so you want to get it 3D printed? I suppose that would be possible, it's pretty low poly for that and probably wouldn't cost as much as the high poly stuff.

No, we use Tabletop Simulator. It's a game made in Unity that allows you to use 3D models as game pieces. So like, one step before 3D printing.

Tabletop-Simulator-RPG-on-a-Poker-Table.

It looks something like this.

I see, just need to know the tri count needed and how texture maps are handled (multiple maps, size restriction etc.)

There's no restrictions on any of that, actually. You can have two texture images for the diffuse and the normal/bumpmaps, and it's recommended but not required that the model as a .OBJ is less than 500 KB. Tabletop Simulator is weird in that all files used in the game have to be hosted online, and it only takes models as raw text data, so they recommend opening .OBJ files in notepad and putting the contents up on pastebin, and uploading texture files to image hosting services such as Imgur.

You can watch part of a tutorial on uploading made by the devs (for a slightly older version of the game) here.

Implying that this model alone won't?

Not at all. The model is fine. But if people have an issue with the textures (from which I was referring to) then the textures can always be edited to suit the individuals wants/needs.

I myself think the model and the textures are perfectly fine, it was not me with any issue.

Omicron likes this

I don't have anything against the orange color except it seems a little too saturated/luminescent.

Keep up the great work!

There's no specular or reflections applied, maybe it'll need less, maybe it'll need more, can't know without having real time shader.