Jedi Hunter Droid (sorta...)

I'll spare you the wait...there's no big secret. It's a high poly source not meant to be animated so i throw a retarded amount of geometry at it, plain and simple. Everything starts with extremely low poly blockouts, throw subd on it, add details, repeat if necessary. When topology doesnt line up correctly for details i just drop floaters.

Bek, DT. and minilogoguy18 like this

I've only got basic references to go by so don't expect a carbon copy, more of an improvised version. This thing will take a while so don't hold your breath.

eAFJZYK.jpg

It may be the kind of question You dont like but .. How much time did You spent on creating this awesomeness ?

I've only got basic references to go by so don't expect a carbon copy, more of an improvised version. This thing will take a while so don't hold your breath.

eAFJZYK.jpg

I do love your concept but for me the eyes are too wide.. much like a Simpsons character.

So please forgive the poor skills shown in the edit I made but I think this could look better with a slight change to the helmet:

faff73caea894c98d83665bb84360b85.png

I do love your concept but for me the eyes are too wide.. much like a Simpsons character.

So please forgive the poor skills shown in the edit I made but I think this could look better with a slight change to the helmet:

faff73caea894c98d83665bb84360b85.png

Why would a droid have his field of vision covered like that? It looks like he's frowning. 

Keep in mind that the model seems to be inspired on this droid:

jeremylove_clonewars_eg-05.jpg

Kualan, Langerd, Omega and 1 other like this

Why would a droid have his field of vision covered like that? It looks like he's frowning. 

Keep in mind that the model seems to be inspired on this droid:

jeremylove_clonewars_eg-05.jpg

I just think it looks better, besides the part of the helmet that comes over the eyes could be transluscent so you can see through it like sunglasses.

But I guess that can always be altered unofficially after release in the future.

I made a vader/magnaguard crossover sometime ago that I never released. If you guys would like to use it as the base for your model you can.

eZZ23W1.jpg

The body isn't great since it's the magnaguards body, but the head might be useful. 

Really nice model. I must say, it is quite impressive, but I see the sides of the helm are standing out, like fangs of sorts.

• 1 month later...