Windows 10 and Jedi Academy?

Hi everyone, my name is Dan and I'm somewhat new to Jedi Academy, used to play a bunch as soon as a few months/weeks ago on a different PC. I saw there was a Windows 10 Jedi Academy issues thread already but I didn't wanna hijack it.
So here's the issue!
I got a new laptop, and I'm trying to use to steam to play, but I haven't been able, it gives me an error about opengl etc. I read that I should download something and put it in GameData, which I did, yet that didn't really change much.
I recorded it to understand, along with my video card info.
I have 8gb ram, if that matters.

I read that OpenJK may help but I do not really what I'm to do with it.
Thank you! I really want to get back into Jedi Academy, pretty fun!

Dan

Yea, not sure Sentra.

Download OpenJK from http://build.openjk.org

Unzip to GameData

Run openjk.x86.exe

Easier than Syko's method, and is the recommended way to do it.

Thanks for the reply Raz0r.
I tried that too, didn't work, recorded it to help you understand/share in my suffering.

Really appreciate any help! Any idea what I should/shouldn't be doing?

EDIT: The only file in base is assets3.pk3 btw, pretty sure there should be more but no idea how/why

EDIT: The only file in base is assets3.pk3 btw, pretty sure there should be more but no idea how/why

That might be the problem...

here's what you need in your base folder:

• assets0.pk3
  • assets1.pk3
  • assets2.pk3
  • assets3.pk3

To get all of the assets go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base , all of the assets should be in there.

Darth Sion likes this

Unfortunately the very latest build has a quirky bug related to jpeg loading, due to different versions of a library we use.
Hoping to get it sorted today, then you can just redownload the latest OpenJK and it'll work.
You may be able to download a previous build from builds.openjk.org and see if that works. Something before Sep 19th should be good.

EDIT: Yep, try this build from the 14th =]