Textures displaying in-game but not in Modview

Kualan
Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

Hi folks,

I've been tinkering with some custom vehicles this evening, and have managed to successfully get them working in-game. However for some odd reason the .glm appears untextured (all white) in Modview despite appearing fully textured in-game itself. Ideally I want to be able to play around with the skin and stuff in Modview, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any texture-related restrictions that Modview has that might explain why the model is appearing completely white in that program despite having no issues in the game itself?

Thanks in advance,

Kualan

Are you using shaders whose names differ from the texture names? ModView will only look for loose textures, it doesn't load shaders. It also needs to be able to figure out the base path from the model's location.

Haven't made any shaders for the vehicle yet so can't be that. The folder path and .skin file is all set up correctly as well (base/models/players/[model]) and I've triple- and quadruple-checked to make sure I've not made some stupid typo or anything.

It's worth noting that I get no error message when loading the .glm in ModView, as is the case when a mistake has been made with the folder paths or .skin file set up. It loads up right away just all white (similar to when one uses the 'force all surfaces white' option) yet is completely textured in-game which makes me wonder if this is some other limitation Modview has about loading certain files.

I've tried converting the texture file into .png, .tga and .jpg respectively and that doesn't seem to have made a difference. Perhaps I've missed something Blender-side that might contribute to this?

ModView appears to have trouble with upper case letters in mesh names. Renaming the surfaces did the trick.

I did not know that.

I'm face palming so hard right now. I actually knew that from helping a modder last year and completely forgot. I'll do that as soon as I get home from work.

Thanks a lot @@mrwonko . You're a champion.

Langerd likes this