JKHub Tweaks

Haha yes, its a shame they even considered changing the aesthetic design completely, rather than just making it cleaner and more modern, it really worked quite efficiently on that site.

Jeff 'noe' is actually still around by the way, I don't know how he hasn't been driven to madness by now! :P

Hmmm, I take your point, but one has to be careful about trying to be all things to all people. Very few things, and very few people can be good at everything. You can either be exceptional at one thing, or mediocre at many. And I am worried that focusing on too many things simultaneously will be detrimental overall. You guys have a great thing going here, this really is one of the last bastions of JK Modding and I would hate to see that supplanted by using the site to replicate something that many clans are probably already doing well enough on their own sites. One of the issues I see is that the site is currently very well in tune with the modding community, but there is very little here to do with the competitive community, aside from the site and clan links at the top of the page.

I can completely understand where you are coming from and what you want to do Ping, really.

The problem is, what incentive would those competitive or clan players have in coming here over simply socializing on their own websites? How would you organize such a disparate group of people around tournaments and competitive play here as opposed to ones that they will run internally?

To integrate and organize that here on the site, and indeed to change the sites current primary purpose would require a huge amount of effort and maintenance.

Very short replies to the points you make here:

You can indeed be exceptional at one thing or mediocre at many, but you can also be mediocre at one thing and exceptional at many. Branching out (which was the initial goal to begin with) could be bad, but it could also be good. There is nothing that rules out doing a variety of things as bad on principle.

No clans are doing that which we are looking to do and no clans will do it because it cannot be done from within a clan. JKHub is ideal because it's clan-neutral ground and has a lot of potential because of its far reach. Also, there are no (known to me) clan websites of clans that focus on competition, so we're not trying to compete with any other place except for the ESL. Given the difference between international competitive tournaments open to all and internal tournaments held by some ja+ clan, and given that the ESL is in a very rough shape right now, JKHub has the great opportunity to fill the gap here and stay true to what it initially invisioned itself to be, namely the central hub for all things JKA, not just for all things modding.

afi and Merek like this

I'm liking the 100% transparency with the " home, forum, wiki, etc.".  but I dont think you should add transparency anywhere else,
I mean, I personally dont want to see the background image. making it more visible may lead to people asking about changing it perhaps.

I think reading the threads here is easier if the layout is not too transparent. If someone is bothered by the amount of white on their screen,
then one might try to get some more light in their rooms so their PC screens dont appear so bright. Hell..  I dont see anything here that needs changing.
If possible, why not make the forum so that a member can tweak it to their liking on their own acc. like you can change the appearance of your desktop.

• 5 months later...