Greetings!

Nozyspy

Hey everyone. Some of you here will remember me, though many might not. The names Nozyspy, now *former* manager of JKFiles over at the FileFront Network. Unfortunately with the closure of JKFiles I am left without a home and so I hope you will welcome me here, even though I realize I am somewhat of an interloper in this well established community. 

I actually remember when Caelum set this place up, but at the time I was rather busy trying to work around the bugs and keep JKFiles going and alas didn't really have time to come here. In fact, if i remember correctly Caelum actually worked at JKFiles for a while.

I fully intend to use this site much more frequently now and would love to offer any help I can!

I was very sad to see JKFiles and the rest of the network shut down. I put years of my life into that place, something between 6-7 years in fact, first as a reviewer, then 4+ active years as manager before the catastrophic bugs and health problems finally sapped my energy to run the place single handedly (the bugs meant I literally could not hire staff because they couldn't log into the site backend). For the last 2+ years I desperately wanted to get back there and into reviewing again, but simply didn't have the energy to face doing it all on my own. Thus I have the somewhat bitter sweet epitaph of being the last ever manager of the biggest most successful site on the entire FileFront Network, which was one of the biggest, if not the biggest modding networks on the internets.

I still feel a responsibility towards this community, even though the closure of the Network was taken at levels way above me. I feel a great sense of loss, and I hope I can contribute to keeping this place active and healthy, even if nothing more than to post regularly!

~Nozy

Hey Nozy!

I was always more of a lurker than an active member on JK3Files during it's golden age, but I remember reading many of your reviews from some of my favourite downloads. Glad to see you make your way to the Hub! Welcome to the crew.

I hope you enjoyed my reviews! ^.^

Wow, there was a bug that didn't even let you hire staff? That's terrible......I can't say I'm surprised, but wow. I wonder if my old login would have worked. I never tried it past a certain point.

Anyhow, it's nice to see another person with some modding expertise and passion here!

Hi! So glad you made it here! You are quite the legend! I remember your awesome review of one of my (pretty crappy) first files and I remember how that kind of praise balanced with constructive criticism really helped me going with modding! :D Thanks for all you have done!

You are too kind sir. Thank you for your kind words, you don't know how much that means to me. :)

Wow, there was a bug that didn't even let you hire staff? That's terrible......I can't say I'm surprised, but wow. I wonder if my old login would have worked. I never tried it past a certain point.

Anyhow, it's nice to see another person with some modding expertise and passion here!

Oh yeah, that's why it ended up basically just being me by the end. I could add the persons name to the staff list, and they would get the email for their OPS login, but the login would not work. The only work around was a Network Admin account that was kept spare, that trusted members could use to log in if necessary, however despite my requests they would not allow any new staffers to use this account. It makes sense really, for obvious security reasons, giving a completely new staff member Network Administrator access. However i seem to remember they were reluctant to allow returning previous staff members to use it also, unless they had been staff previously for quite some time. Unfortunately a lot of the longest serving and most trusted staffers had long since moved on or were not contactable.

therfiles likes this

I could add the persons name to the staff list, and they would get the email for their OPS login, but the login would not work. The only work around was a Network Admin account that was kept spare, that trusted members could use to log in if necessary, however despite my requests they would not allow any new staffers to use this account. It makes sense really, for obvious security reasons, giving a completely new staff member Network Administrator access. However i seem to remember they were reluctant to allow returning previous staff members to use it also, unless they had been staff previously for quite some time. Unfortunately a lot of the longest serving and most trusted staffers had long since moved on or were not contactable.

Wow.........I might have tried my login, if I knew that was happening, because I don't think it was ever removed....but the most I could have done would be to give someone else access with it. Definitely didn't have enough time.

Wow.........I might have tried my login, if I knew that was happening, because I don't think it was ever removed....but the most I could have done would be to give someone else access with it. Definitely didn't have enough time.

I cant quite remember now since it was so long ago, but I may well have left you and a couple of others on the staff list. I seem to remember when I was made aware of the login bug I left any retiring staff on the list just in case, since removing and re-adding them later on would have stopped their login from working.

I remember at the time you said you were pressed for time, a few other staffers left for similar reasons so its nothing to worry about! You were one of my best staffers, in fact, didn't you do some HTML stuff on some of the pages on the site like the rules page to spruce them up? I ended up kitbashing that on several other pages in an effort to make things look a little prettier!

I cant quite remember now since it was so long ago, but I may well have left you and a couple of others on the staff list. I seem to remember when I was made aware of the login bug I left any retiring staff on the list just in case, since removing and re-adding them later on would have stopped their login from working.

I remember at the time you said you were pressed for time, a few other staffers left for similar reasons so its nothing to worry about! You were one of my best staffers, in fact, didn't you do some HTML stuff on some of the pages on the site like the rules page to spruce them up? I ended up kitbashing that on several other pages in an effort to make things look a little prettier!

I did some HTML work, yeah....but not much. If I recall correctly, the images I used were hotlinked from my website, because the file and picture uploading part of OPS was broken at that time too.

Enough about me, this thread's about you. It's nice to see you back!

Stick around. I've got some stuff you might be interested in.