Star Wars Episode VIII Discussion

hqdefault.jpg

While we are waiting for The Force Awakens in December, a new movie is already on its way... The rumors pop up here and there, the first being that Benicio Del Toro would participate in the next chapter of Star Wars. Nothing is yet confirmed, except for the director - Rian Johnson ("Looper' with B.Willis).

IMDB has Poe Dameron as the returning character, as well as Benicio Del Toro's status is now "announced". In an interview he was (surely) secretive about his role, but hinted, that he is most likely playing an evil guy.

A new bad guy? Does this mean, that Kylo Ren, General Hux or Phasma might be killed in Episode VII? Possibly He will play a new Imperial Officer. Each of the OT episodes included various bad guys - Moff Tarkin in ANH, General Veers and Piett in ESB and Jerjerrod in ROTJ.

Also possibly coming back (Episode VII rumors!).

It is presumed, that Rey would find Luke in the end of TFA and study the ways of the Force, guided by Luke on the planet with seas and rocks. Characters like Leia, Chewie and C-3PO might come back as well. Chewie is more likely, as he is actually the one, who takes Rey to Luke and then leaves to continue the fight.

Here are the latest pictures (and probably the first) from shooting of Episode VIII (if they are real of course).

HINT:

It is the same place, which is seen in Episode VII

(pictures)

Smoo likes this

@@Jolly

Not at all. The shooting has started already, some actors confirmed and more news will be coming next month. Shooting in Ireland has already been finished, or so they say. It is known, that Mark Hamill participated in the scene for Episode VIII (which raised multiple rumours).

It is also known now, that Kenny Baker no longer will reprise the role of R2-D2 in any visual appearance, the role is likely to have passed into the hands of the new generation now - Jimmy Vee.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 2 months later...

One scene has already been shot with the Mark Hamill, where Episode VII was shot previously - on the island Skellig Michael, off the Southern coast of Ireland. Another one will be shot in Mexico starting next year. Several characters are believed to return from Episode VII. And Lando Calryssian, or at least Billy Dee Williams expressed interest in reprising the role.

One of the most unusual spoilers is that the ghost of Anakin Skywalker might appear in the next episode.

One of the background characters from Episode VII -

Max Von Sydow character won't be coming back, as his role ends in Episode VII

The latest rumors announce that:

- There would be more female characters in the next film. These new roles would be taken by one of the actresses - Tatiana Maslany, Gina Rodriguez, and Olivia Cooke. With possible involvement of Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

- One of the new characters would be a female Sith, or at least a powerful female Dark Side user.

- Some people suggest, that as Episode VIII is the second in the trilogy, the title would have something similar aggressive like Attack of the Clones and Empire Strikes, featuring a huge battle surpassing previous events in Star Wars.

- As said before, Benicio del Toro seems to be involved in the movie already. Possibly as a new villain (fans voiced opinion, that he should be more like Admiral Thrawn)

- Han's child (daughter or son) will possibly appear in Episode VIII, so in Episode VII the new character might not be his and Leia's children (not new, early scripts for Episodes IV-VI also introduced such an idea, that Luke would find his sister much later and it was not Leia).

- As for Lando smith more - some say, that he would return to "avenge a friend and lead a fleet"

- One of the original Cast won't be coming to Episode VIII. Too sad!

One scene has already been shot with the Mark Hamill, where Episode VII was shot previously - on the island Skellig Michael, off the Southern coast of Ireland. Another one will be shot in Mexico starting next year. Several characters are believed to return from Episode VII. And Lando Calryssian, or at least Billy Dee Williams expressed interest in reprising the role.

One of the most unusual spoilers is that the ghost of Anakin Skywalker might appear in the next episode.

One of the background characters from Episode VII -

Max Von Sydow character won't be coming back, as his role ends in Episode VII

The latest rumors announce that:

- There would be more female characters in the next film. These new roles would be taken by one of the actresses - Tatiana Maslany, Gina Rodriguez, and Olivia Cooke. With possible involvement of Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

- One of the new characters would be a female Sith, or at least a powerful female Dark Side user.

- Some people suggest, that as Episode VIII is the second in the trilogy, the title would have something similar aggressive like Attack of the Clones and Empire Strikes, featuring a huge battle surpassing previous events in Star Wars.

- As said before, Benicio del Toro seems to be involved in the movie already. Possibly as a new villain (fans voiced opinion, that he should be more like Admiral Thrawn)

- Han's child (daughter or son) will possibly appear in Episode VIII, so in Episode VII the new character might not be his and Leia's children (not new, early scripts for Episodes IV-VI also introduced such an idea, that Luke would find his sister much later and it was not Leia).

- As for Lando smith more - some say, that he would return to "avenge a friend and lead a fleet"

- One of the original Cast won't be coming to Episode VIII. Too sad!

"Avenge a friend." Han dies in EpVII....CALLED IT!

Jolly likes this

I am not sure. I always expected Han to die, because that's what Harrison Ford asked for so he wouldn't appear in the next film. But we can be wrong.

Some people who watched the trailer – they said, that in a scene with crying Rey - she is standing near someone with fur, who is dying. So it can be Chewie too.

I guess some fans would hate the idea of favorite old cast to be killed in the film.

I am not sure. I always expected Han to die, because that's what Harrison Ford asked for so he wouldn't appear in the next film. But we can be wrong.

Some people who watched the trailer – they said, that in a scene with crying Rey - she is standing near someone with fur, who is dying. So it can be Chewie too.

I guess some fans would hate the idea of favorite old cast to be killed in the film.

Well, fans had the same reaction when Chewie died in Vector Prime, so...not the first time.

NumberWan likes this

@

No-no, I am okey with their philosophy and looks, but it is the role they play in the Galaxy and impact, that I am satisfied with. Even though the old canon is cancelled, I am quite okey with a Yuzhang Vong appearing as a spy for their Empire somewhere in the background on one of the backwater planets in Star Wars. The books themselves presented too much of this terraforming and other things, which devastated so many planets, which had to remain untouched. Especially Coruscant - the idea with the world brain is something terrible, for sure. The Galactic Senate = the well of the brain? Hey! That's weird.

But I am sure there are dozens of really strange stories in Star Wars, which are better to be cancelled. A character such as Trioculus is one such thing for example.

In any case Episode VIII would be different in regards of all these things. I guess it will take place some 1-5 years after Episode VII. Today they reported, that the auditioning is taking place right now, with the candidates reading the lines for Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon. Do not get the idea wrong: the roles are not related to the Jedi, it is a simple test to see how the people can imitate the tones and speech true to Star Wars.

@

No-no, I am okey with their philosophy and looks, but it is the role they play in the Galaxy and impact, that I am satisfied with. Even though the old canon is cancelled, I am quite okey with a Yuzhang Vong appearing as a spy for their Empire somewhere in the background on one of the backwater planets in Star Wars. The books themselves presented too much of this terraforming and other things, which devastated so many planets, which had to remain untouched. Especially Coruscant - the idea with the world brain is something terrible, for sure. The Galactic Senate = the well of the brain? Hey! That's weird.

But I am sure there are dozens of really strange stories in Star Wars, which are better to be cancelled. A character such as Trioculus is one such thing for example.

In any case Episode VIII would be different in regards of all these things. I guess it will take place some 1-5 years after Episode VII. Today they reported, that the auditioning is taking place right now, with the candidates reading the lines for Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon. Do not get the idea wrong: the roles are not related to the Jedi, it is a simple test to see how the people can imitate the tones and speech true to Star Wars.

It's technically not canceled. It's just halted. There's a movement to get it continued again that's gaining momentum. Although I will agree that some parts of the EU are a bit "glaring", I still enjoy it. :)

And thanks for being more specific. 

@@dark_apprentice

It's just a rumour for now. No official information. I also believe that even if that is true, we won't be knowing anything of it for a long time...

Yes I know it's not confirmed yet, but even if it turns out to be true at some point i just imagined it and i was shocked in both good and bad ways :D at some point it might be interesting to see him, but at other i am torn apart for the actor himself, after so much hate for him and after the mass reactions. I dunno, perhaps it can be the boy from EP-2/3, but my secret wish is - if Anakin is to be shown in the Episode VIII as a Force Ghost as a Jedi, than i would like to see the guy voicing Anakin in The Clone Wars.. or at least some older guy, who can make it as close as possible (assuming the on-screen makeup if needed) to look more like Sebastian's version of Anakin from 1983. Somehow I really look forward for such an actor if we concider that this might happen at some point.

I feel okey with Hayden as Anakin ghost, to tell the truth. I do like the old Anakin though, I like it a lot, but it didn't feel right to me just like some people say, that seeing Hayden is equally strange. In any case the old Anakin has nothing to do with the badly damaged Vader without helmet, if you ask me. They even look differently, even though it's still Sebastian Shaw.

In Episode VII Darth Vader had some "messages" for Kylo Ren, but some time before the event sin the film, they stopped. It is claimed, that Vader thaw nothing to do with that: it's all Snoke's doing.

I feel, that if Anakin was to appear in Episode VIII, then it would wiser to include a more unclear image there. Like in this picture of Revan:

Hooded_jedi.jpg

It would be also more interesting, that Luke is contacting someone, but others - like Rey and the viewers - would have to guess, telling by the stance and the words spoken by the spirit, that it is truly Anakin. This would be not just more like a mystery in Star Wars (like it was in Episode V), but also would prove to be the best choice for those, discussing, which Anakin is better to be seen, old or young one.

dark_apprentice likes this