Crashing

I am having a hard time so far to launch jaMME on my mac : After following the instructions, I click on jaMME.x86.app (equivalent of jaMME.x86.exe for Windows), and it starts to launch, but just to go back to desktop without any bug report.

So I started to doubt about the way I installed it, now.

For example, do these files : humanoid.gla;  animation.cfg; animevents.cfg; sabers.shader; sbRGB.shader; [RGB...; black...] have to be inside base folder from the original game data path? or inside the base folder located next to mme folder?

I've read that Mac/Linux versions can be installed the same way as Windows version but this way doesn't seem to work for me.

Thank you in advance.

Hello ent,

Yes My files are inside gamedata folder, except for the newly created base folder because there's already a base folder inside the gamedata. I don't really know where to put it, because it should be inside Gamedata folder but there's already a base folder.

And start_jaMME.sh is actually like a text file where it says :

#!/bin/bash
open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames \"japlus japp\""

Do not create anything, just extract all the files from the downloaded .zip file to GameData. Then hit start_jaMME.sh. It should work as a starting script file. If it gets opened as a text file for some reason try to use terminal.

Just type cd /path/to/GameData and when you get there type start_jaMME.sh and it should start the script. Replace /path/to/GameData to the actual path ofc. If you dunno what terminal is then google: mac terminal basics.

This is what I had when typing cd (gamedata path) and then start_jaMME.sh (didn't show

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ cd ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ start_jaMME.sh

-bash: start_jaMME.command: command not found

I just tried to rename from .sh to .command opened it and it says this:

Last login: Wed Sep  2 02:16:25 on ttys001

mbpdeguillaume:~ guillaumelonghi$ /Users/guillaumelonghi/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/start_jaMME.command ; exit;

The file /Users/guillaumelonghi/jaMME.x86_64.app does not exist.

logout

Also strange, considering that jaMME.x86_64.app actually exist (it's in gamedata folder). Then I added executable permission +x by typing:

chmod +x /Users/guillaumelonghi/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/start_jaMME.command

Went back to open start_jaMME.command, but the same message about jaMME.x86_64.app does not exist, appears.

Just do this cd path/to/GameData.

Then being in the game folder type open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames \"japlus japp\"" or just open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme. So intead of starting any script just do that directly. If it fails then try without open and --args commands.

Also try to add +x to jaMME.x86_64.app.

Getting closer! i just typed cd with gamedata path and open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames \"japlus japp\""The game has launched with "Demos" section appearing instead of "Play", (which is good). But when i decided to load a demo (located inside mme/demos folder), the demo starts to load but ends up crashing the program and a huge bug report appeared. I tried with open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme It did the same thing, with a bug report that happens to be slightly different than the first one.

​On a side note : when going to MP base, "mme" appears on the mod list. When going to JA+ MP, it appears as "m".

IMPORTANT EDIT : Ok, now MY DEMOS ARE BEING PLAYED AND ALL (the C command, for example, also worked during the demo!). Thank you so much for all your help, I just forgot to type chmod +x jaMME.x86_64.app  in the terminal Before typing the other commands. It works. *bows down*

Dammit! It worked for only a certain moment. Doesn't work anymore, i'm trying to type all the possible series of commands on console, without success, like :

cd ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/

chmod +x start_jaMME.command

chmod +x jaMME.x86_64.app

open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames \"japlus japp\""

It seems I totally lost the right commands to make it work, well at least I've seen it could work.

Main screen appears, i click demos, i select one and the map levelshot loads, but at the end of loading it crashes.

Sidenote : I just did 2 tries of: putting the cd cmd, then the chmod jaMME.x86.64.app cmd, then open and args-- cmds, it only worked the first time for couple of seconds of demo.

Thought I should give my input here.

For the start_jaMME.sh command, you need to run it with the dot flash before it:

./start_jaMME.sh

Opening the app bundle directly:

open jaMME.x86_64.app --args +set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames "japlus japp"

I don't think you need the quotes around the text after --args.

Further, you don't need to chmod +x on the .app file because it's actually a folder. OS X treats it differently from a regular folder because of what it contains.

Okay, so It worked once again after typing this, (but once again, it only worked the first time) :

mbpdeguillaume:~ guillaumelonghi$ cd ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ chmod +x jaMME.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ chmod +x jaMME.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/jaMME.x86_64

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ open jaMME.x86_64.app --args "+set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames \"japlus japp\""

It seems the demo plays every once in a while (randomly working).

Thought I should give my input here.

For the start_jaMME.sh command, you need to run it with the dot flash before it:

./start_jaMME.sh

Opening the app bundle directly:

open jaMME.x86_64.app --args +set fs_game mme +set fs_extraGames "japlus japp"

I don't think you need the quotes around the text after --args.

Further, you don't need to chmod +x on the .app file because it's actually a folder. OS X treats it differently from a regular folder because of what it contains.

This is what I just did :

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ cd ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/

mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy guillaumelonghi$ ./start_jaMME.sh

Still crashes after loading the demo. :(

As for the cmd until --args, i typed cd cmd, then open cmd until args-- and It produces the problem i had in the first place: It barely starts to launch just to go back to desktop.

Probably chmod +x jaMME.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/jaMME.x86_64 did the trick.

You don't need to do cd ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy/ if you are already in mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy.

If I am right about the trick then try to add chmod +x jaMME.x86_64.app/Contents/MacOS/jaMME.x86_64 as a new line inside start_jaMME.sh before open command. And then do what @Xycaleth said: ./start_jaMME.sh being inside mbpdeguillaume:Jedi Academy.

So, I am getting even closer :

I did added the chmod cmd line before the open cmd line, inside start_jaMME.sh then put ./start_jaMME.sh and I had this observation :

I played demo1 which takes place in a JAMP map : worked

then played demo2 which takes place in a custom map : didn't work.

Strange, since, It already worked a couple of times, with this custom map before, also, the chmod cmd line added inside start_jaMME.sh didn't change anything : demo1 worked still.

Well, as for now, sometimes jaMME will load each demo correctly, no matter the map of the demo, but other times, it only wants to load some maps, (mostly base maps). Looks like it has to do with the demos. I did this observation after recording 5 test-demos with short names and short lengths (10 secs), from various maps.

Well, I was thinking that maybe jaMME couldn't handle demos that were too heavy for some reason, if some demos can be played but others cannot, I don't know.

But if I go back to the initial problem, i'm surprised the main icon doesn't work at all. I think I did set it up right : Inside gamedata, there is base, japlus and mme folder along with start_jaMME and start_jaMME_MBII.