The path of the Apprentice

I can get the Shoretooper to spawn, but gives me a Ghoul2 Error if it gets hit by laser or lightsaber. Great for a screenshot, useless for gameplay.

Download openjk  - honestly I think everyone should know about this by know xD

Smoo likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

Darth Kryth (personal model) kitbashed/re-textured from DT85's Darth Maul (head/arms/hands) and Sith Stalker (hips robes & belt) by Shiftee, base Kyle Katarn.

Darth Kryth was considered as the evil clone of Darth Maul from a secret imperial project, but later as he revealed himself he is the secret twin brother of Maul. Darth Kryth is the new Emperor of the remnants of the Galactic Empire. Kryth have the ability to use a similar to Force Repulse effect, but also causing huge drain of the living force from every single creature and even planets.

LXlcsOL.jpg

xQL2vjy.jpg

Ki48Do0.jpg

Darth Kryth (personal model) kitbashed/re-textured from DT85's Darth Maul (head/arms/hands) and Sith Stalker (hips robes & belt) by Shiftee, base Kyle Katarn.

Darth Kryth was considered as the evil clone of Darth Maul from a secret imperial project, but later as he revealed himself he is the secret twin brother of Maul. Darth Kryth is the new Emperor of the remnants of the Galactic Empire. Kryth have the ability to use a similar to Force Repulse effect, but also causing huge drain of the living force from every single creature and even planets.

LXlcsOL.jpg

xQL2vjy.jpg

Ki48Do0.jpg

What star wars story is this a reference to?

Im sorry but i rofl'd on one sentence in your backstory. I love the character and back story except for the part saying "evil clone of Darth Maul" Haha if its a clone of the original darth maul (who was evil) its obvious he is evil too xD

That's because i didn't clear my point out, yes Maul is evil character, but overall he's very overproduced, overused and not that "evil" type that you get with Vader, Sidious and so on. That's why I made him pure evil, that won't be converted to the light so easy as Maul and is also connected with spiritual Forces from the past, something near the occult-ish and slavic pagan as it's a personal character. That's why he has some slavic ornaments on his torso as well as a big pagan slavic symbol.

Hey @@dark_apprentice, just thought I'd let you know about your two different First Order TIE-Fighter versions you have.. This one (the one with red around the cockpit area):

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2376-tie-fighter-7-forceawakens-re-skin-ver-20-by-dark-apprentice/

is the "Special Forces" TIE Fighter and only has red on "one" side of the cockpit (the left side)
(credited from www.starwars.com/databank/first-order-special-forces-tie-fighter)

"FIRST ORDER SPECIAL FORCES TIE FIGHTER

A two-seat strike fighter used by the First Order’s elite Special Forces pilots, the TIE/SF boasts weapons far more powerful than a standard TIE, combining laser cannons with a heavy turret and warhead launcher. Special Forces TIEs have hyperdrives, deflector shields and high-yield cells that provide additional power to onboard systems. These versatile attack ships are used for everything from reconnaissance to combat operations."

And of course, the other one you've done is just the regular TIE Fighter:
(credited from http://www.starwars.com/databank/first-order-tie-fighter)

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2328-tie-fighter-episode-7-re-skin-by-dark-apprentice/

FIRST ORDER TIE FIGHTER
The latest starfighter in the storied TIE line looks similar to its predecessors, but the TIE/FO boasts improved solar cells and higher-capacity converters, making these ships deadlier than the TIEs that saw service in the Imperial era. Unlike the Empire, the First Order values its pilots as key military assets, protecting them with onboard deflector shields.

So, I don't/didn't know if you wanted to amend your description, accordingly?

Hey @@dark_apprentice, just thought I'd let you know about your two different First Order TIE-Fighter versions you have.. This one (the one with red around the cockpit area):

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2376-tie-fighter-7-forceawakens-re-skin-ver-20-by-dark-apprentice/

is the "Special Forces" TIE Fighter and only has red on "one" side of the cockpit (the left side)

(credited from www.starwars.com/databank/first-order-special-forces-tie-fighter)

"FIRST ORDER SPECIAL FORCES TIE FIGHTER

A two-seat strike fighter used by the First Order’s elite Special Forces pilots, the TIE/SF boasts weapons far more powerful than a standard TIE, combining laser cannons with a heavy turret and warhead launcher. Special Forces TIEs have hyperdrives, deflector shields and high-yield cells that provide additional power to onboard systems. These versatile attack ships are used for everything from reconnaissance to combat operations."

And of course, the other one you've done is just the regular TIE Fighter:

(credited from http://www.starwars.com/databank/first-order-tie-fighter)

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2328-tie-fighter-episode-7-re-skin-by-dark-apprentice/

FIRST ORDER TIE FIGHTER
The latest starfighter in the storied TIE line looks similar to its predecessors, but the TIE/FO boasts improved solar cells and higher-capacity converters, making these ships deadlier than the TIEs that saw service in the Imperial era. Unlike the Empire, the First Order values its pilots as key military assets, protecting them with onboard deflector shields.

So, I don't/didn't know if you wanted to amend your description, accordingly?

Version 2.0 is the final version I've made and the other one is with transparent wings which doesn't exist in the movie it was my mistake due to one of the earliest TFA teaser clips. If you are requesting new vehicles, I can't make vehicles but there is a good TIE Fighter First Order model from Star Wars Rivals mobile game but it's not officially released as a game.

@@Kualan Ahsoka from "Star Wars Rebels - Canceled game" from facepunch forums. As for now she looks "good" by just standing normal, the weights of her legs/knees, hips, arms and hands need some tweaks and fixes in order to work a bit proper and some tag fixes for her hands. Overall I personally dislike this model even that it's a full port, because somehow the shitty low quality version from the mobile "Galaxy of Heroes" seems much better to me.

P.S. Such crappy models for me personally are even not worth to port or even kitbash with other models and still would prefer if I can see a Rebels era Ahsoka made from scratch from someone of the more experienced modelers in here. 

JGaxSWE.jpg

Edited by dark_apprentice
Jeff, Delmi, yeyo JK and 3 others like this

@  Can you please provide me with a reasonable explanation why you did not ask @@The Punisher for his permission for the GOH Ahsoka Rebels model? 

I just saw this:

udvJPM0.png

When you have kindly asked me via private message and I told you to ask him for his permission, because he helped me to fix some weight issues, he made the backhand scrip for her to work and he alone have provided the lightsaber mesh in a usable weapon with blade! Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to piss you off, to offend you and I am not trying to be an asshole I really don't care because everything I provide here is OK with me to use in mods and whatever you like. BUT don't forget to ASK other people who also contributed in a project for their permission otherwise I am getting all the credit and that will cause troubles.

Screen shot of our conversation when you requested to use the model as a reminder, that I have advised you to ask him too ;) 

DYimRiq.jpg

Smoo likes this

I finally managed to get some time and try myself on some voice lines. There are two characters I was inspired from and tried to deliver something for them.

@@JAWSFreelao - Commando trooper few takes with personal sound effects, I didn't aim to make it 1:1 like a real clone trooper, but still something that can be clone trooper a-like.

@@Langerd - I've been really inspired from your Bespin mod and specially your new character the Bounty Hunter, so if you think that might bring his persona in the game it would be great.

Audio files are in WAV 24bit , 44100 Hz check them here

The Punisher and Langerd like this
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been considering to do this fan art finally as a alternate character for JKA, maybe from someone else EU of the SW universe. This is my personal interpretation based and inspired from a fan art, that I really liked. Head and robes are from Free Radical Battlefront, arms, legs, hands from HapSlash, hood, scarf and accessories from unknown authors from a russian 3D models website.

Fallen Ben Kenobi "Beta" 

little backstory - Ben Kenobi was on his exile journey to protect Luke, but due to personal conflicts and willing to save Vader's boy he decided it's best for him, if he
takes the road of the dark side. Fallen Kenobi becomes the most powerful sith who manages to overthrow the Emperor in a duel, which caused him to almost loose his face, but managed to recover it and have yet to confront Vader alone.

Eh74uut.jpg

0F9Hvxc.jpg

ukeS2Eu.jpg

rGCqr4v.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I remember here - To make Sebastian Shaw Anakin. I Saw this on facebook and i am amazed. 

http://epicstream.com/features/Middle-Aged-Vaderless-Anakin-Skywalker-Created-by-Morphing-Hayden-Christensen-and-Sebastian-Shaw

Just my suggestion

Take a look at this old attempt here  by using the iClone5 and this update from same company that made also CrazyTalk 8

Sebastian Shaw from this image as reference

TxP9YGM.jpg

jOgQXD0.jpg

based on the photoshop mesh from Hayden + Sebastian

4x7EP7H.jpg

Smoo and GPChannel like this
  • 2 weeks later...

It won't work by just copying the folder to the new PK3. @@katanamaru's animation folder is called "_humanoid_dbgalen", so it won't replace the standard animation.

Options:

1. you could try this version but it will be applied to every model in the game as this version replaces the standard _humanoid folder: https://jkhub.org/files/file/3283-katanamaru-backhand-styles-for-mp/
  2. Assign it manually to the specific model you want.

Option 1 is pretty simple. Again, it will affect every model in the game.

Option 2: Some people achieve this with a Hex Editor. Although it seems to work for them, it has never worked for me (maybe I am doing something wrong) so I use Blender to assign it to the specific model I want. See https://jkhub.org/topic/7971-backhand-version-of-ashuras-high-quality-starkiller-hilt/page-4?do=findComment&comment=115562 for details.

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to upgrade Kylo Ren from The Last Jedi using combinations as follow (credits to all respective authors//teams//developers):

* main model is by Lervish and Plasma.
* Re-textures done by me.
* Cape is from Force Arena's Vader model
* Helmet is combination from Pinball Force Awakens (Front) & Lervis/Plasma (back side).
* The Punisher  for providing Pinball's helmet.
* Kylo Ren's head unmasked - EA Battlefront 2 Beta (facepunch forums don't remember who extracted the asset).

** Note, the head from EA BF-2 is very small and in fact I've had to resize it 5 time bigger than base JKA human male head in order to
look a bit more normal compared to the body, however that caused some issues with facial animations as the bones are not matching exact spots of eyes/mouth.
** Helmet needs a little more tweaking as it's not perfectly polished now.

TLJ Kylo Ren

QKnxp2A.jpg

Unmasked - TLJ Kylo Ren

VLtTEed.jpg

NrO25f1.jpg

Ry2tUyY.jpg

UBbpOew.jpg

S4g9LDH.jpg

eg5L5tf.jpg

AU6pQo7.jpg

The thing that bothers me most about ports, besides the legal issues ,death of creativity and will to create something of your own, is that so far most of you kiddos have just polycrunched the meshes to make them work in JKA or split them apart to gain the ability to port them at all, but what you kids allways forget is to adjust the textures to make them work/look decent in JKA. Here's an example, both frames in this gif are rendered as Diffuse only - close to what it'd look like in modview (except the nicer transparency handling)

Tz5GWIE.gif

Didn't take long at all. After I found the model and textures online all it took was about ~30-45 minutes of Work.

I'm not 100% happy with the eyes - but for a rather quick example this sufficed.

DTIII, Kuhe, GPChannel and 6 others like this