The path of the Apprentice

I wanted to play around with a new version 3 of Anakin's Jedi appearance from Return Of The Jedi 1983 however there are some details that needs to be fixed. I still need to work a little bit more on his cheeks and jaw, also will have somehow to make the hair look smoother on his head. The head model is created with iClone 4 since my free trial of CrazyTalk 8 expired. Eyes & Eye textures from Toshi's Luke model. Hair is from Force Arena's Director Krennic.

Original reference (a bit younger than in the movie):

sebastian-shaw2.jpg

msg-1656-0-91532600-1488022418.jpg

msg-1656-0-48589100-1488022427.jpg

msg-1656-0-41189700-1488022435.jpg

Based on a fan artwork:

6H8u223.jpg

hKg8Psa.jpg

2EQNkhy.jpg

Am I detecting a tiny head? Maybe it's the clothing.

Actually the head is a little bit bigger than the one from the original Toshi's Luke model and base Kyle Katarn.

@@Newmodder the same way as porting other stuff. First of all you  save the model from iClone 4 and re-open it in iClone 3DXchange v5.51 Pipeline > from there you can export from to .OBJ / . FBX and few other files formats. I prefer ".obj" than I load up this file in Blender, remove the body and eyelashes and start to place the head on JKA/JKO character, you weight it and all other stuff than if you think it's too high detailed just split on small parts (like: head_a_0, head_eyes_0 , head_mouth_0 , head_cheeks_0 etc.) and keep all of those parts below 900 verts so you can play with the model in game without crashing (even if you use vanilla JKA) :) 

Oh, such a mixture!- a bit messy... Maybe try to concentrate on just one or two sources instead?)

Maybe because I don't pay attention to details so much, but with so much versions of Vader it's hard to recreate a specific design, I wanted to make something between "TFU damaged vader" that I once did and improve it, but during the process i decided to mix him with the designs of both Rogue 1 / A New Hope

DarthStiv likes this

And using the above one, but with the full helmet from Force Arena which I personally find more accurate for A New Hope / Rogue One design:

P.S. I know i have forgot the chain...

ModView

iQDIMxk.jpg

kWwsg0T.jpg

ztzHujb.jpg

In Game no shader files applied:

QTmSx1s.jpg

S1pUqcC.jpg

eRfppp2.jpg

I think that's the modding epitome of hot.

dark_apprentice likes this

Update, shader is applied, chain added there are some small issues like the mask is a bit off the torso, because i've turned off my Anakin head and sometimes when you move the arms you'll notice they go out from the cape, but it's because of Q3 Engine. Lightsaber on his belt is also from Force Arena. Might be better to use this model with OpenJK.

hJEaO0F.jpg

IhzR3NA.jpg

Download

NoOne, Omega, The Punisher and 7 others like this
  • 3 weeks later...

Since you wanted a more movie accurate version and also there were some rumored behind the scenes/deleted scenes on the net and thankfully the original concept art that was used in the final cut of the movie was provided on a bit better resolution for reference. The head is original Toshi's Anakin/Vader head+texture.

CZzq1kk.jpg

You're to stop using my texture immediately! When I did not respond to your request, that was a NO! You have violated my readme file in 3 different ways now. Claiming, lack of  credits, altering, and redistributing...

Pal Toshi did a burned Anakin too,maybe he used that textures :P

General Howard likes this

Pal Toshi did a burned Anakin too,maybe he used that textures :P

Not the face it's the body texture, the actual suite. Don't make me drop some comparison shots, this is the third person I've found today who has the exact same texture I made slapped on other variants of this model...

taHYyhI.jpg
The body texture in HIS variation. All he did was alter the tone/color of it... Where as I when I made this completely started from scratch.
Now The one I MADE!
MtMUz9F.jpg

Now I want to be fair here and sya the only reason I never responded to your request bud was that I was inactive at that point. That doesn't mean since I don't answer you can just go ahead and use it... To be honest I like what you've done with the model. And since you DID at least attempt to request, I'll forgive this once.

But I also had to make my point and case clear, ^^^^ THIS is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about people! Stop using other peoples work without permission! Now, Apprentice, continue your work, you may use the texture, I would appreciate it if you came to ME for alterations to it in the future rather then doing them your self.

@@AngelModder first of all your textures are used every where on all variations of Vader in mods and what not. Second of all, with all the respect to you as Artist, you released some long time ago a good re-skin of Toshi Vader model and disappeared from the forum and when I personally tried to reach you couple of times you didn't replied because you have been offline there is an option that shows when one user is offline and for how long.
As far as I know all of my kitbashes, frankensteins, ports and whatnot combinations, that are shared and released here on this wip or the jkhub download sections are credited and I do n-o-t claim anything that is not made by me to be mine!!
Also, just so let you know. Not every single person on this forum is capable to make good textures/re-textures or even models, it is true that most of the latest threads in the WIP page are for kitbashes and ports, but as far as I can speak for my own page I am giving credits to those who are still active on the forum, the others that are not - are mentioned as so... and their work of art is not claimed by any means to be my own work!
All of this models here on my page are created for every single person and fan of Star Wars and Jedi Academy game and are provided in order to make people happy and allow them to play with their favorite characters, since most of the original modellers/texture artists and so on are busy and don't take personal requests or requests that they find somehow not interesting or challenging for their skills and time.
If you really want to keep your textures for yourself make the same thing HapSlash did, put a water mark on them. And as a friendly advise you need to calm down a little bit.

And here is my personal version I just made few days ago, based on the original textures created thankfully to Toshi and his original Vader model using some own skills in Adobe Photoshop CS6. However again with this version. I DO NOT claim any ownership for the work!

Vxb1oms.jpg

Edited by dark_apprentice
General Howard, Kuhe and Ramikad like this